Chapter 20

Unhoped
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few days pass since Baekhyun told me that he and Hyuna broke up. And on those past few days I’ve been so happy I feel like my feet aren’t touching the ground. I still can’t wash the grin off my face.

Everyone around me noticed the changes. The teachers asked for favors more than before, but I was happy to oblige. The students who asked to be tutored seem to multiple, but I was happy to help. A lot more that usual confess their feelings on the span of those few day, I tried to sympathize, but I can’t take then seriously, so I think a bunch of them were offended . Tiffany told me a million times that I should stop because I look crazy. I only laugh. Maybe I am crazy.

“Good morning Taeyeon.” Chanyeol with his signature grin, greeted me one morning

“Good morning.” I smiled back, mirroring his.

“You look awfully happy.”

“Really? I didn’t notice.” I joked.

He laughed and hit on my back. I didn’t mind the gesture though it hurt a little bit.

“Anyone from a mile away can tell how happy you are. You’re smile is almost as big as mine.”

I laughed with him. “No one can ever out smile you Chanyeol.”

“No, seriously. What gotten into you?” He said after wiping the tears that form on the corner of his eyes. “Can’t you see everyone taking advantages of you because you’re not intimidating anymore.”

“What? When have I intimidated others? I’ve always help anyone who asked.”

“Well, you’re right. I don’t know how to explain it. It’s easier to talk to you nowadays. I think others noticed that as well.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about. I didn’t change my personality in any way.” I smiled at him.

“No, something definitely changed.”

He opened the door to our classroom and walked in. I followed right after him and heard him holler.

“Yah, Byun Baekhyun. You’re here early.” My heart started to work extra hard by the mere mention of his name. “Seriouly man, I can’t get use to this.” Chanyeol said while he sat next to his friend.

Baekhyun and I shared five seconds of eye contact before I averted my gaze and moved towards my seat. My face is heated from the short connection. I glanced back as I sat down and saw him smiling, looking out the window, with earphones stuck in his ears. His ears and cheeks tinted with pink. How could anyone look so mesmerizing in the morning? His bruise is subsiding, but the trace is still there. I’m glad. He suddenly looked in my direction and caught me staring.

“Taeyeon?”

“YES?!” I answered so loud to the voice who called me. I immediately turned around and saw the homeroom teacher looking at me, shocked. I realized all eyes were on me. My face almost exploded from embarrassment.

“Yes?” I repeated as I collected myself. I heard snickering from behind and a familiar chuckle that affects my heart every time I hear it.

“I’m just checking if you guys are ready for tomorrow’s show.” Her eyes travelled from mine to the person behind me.

Baekhyun and I never practiced together again. The last time I heard him sing was when we stayed at the rooftop together, when he told me that he and Hyuna broke up. It already sounded good at that short time that I heard him. And whenever I see him in the hallway or the courtyard, he always had a music sheet in his hand and earphones on his hears. Even Chanyeol told me that he has been practicing a lot even when they’re hanging out.

“We’re ready.”

 

 

 

 

 

“I’m not ready!”

Baekhyun was standing on the doorway of my house that night. I was frozen solid in place wondering if I created an illusion of him standing there since he has been of my mind constantly. It only registered to me that I was not imagining things when Seohyun run towards him and gave a big hug on his legs. He immediately picked up Seohyun and gave her a big hug. I wanted to take a picture of it.

“What do you mean?” I said, snapping myself out.

“I don’t think I can do it.” He replied, looking troubled.

“Oppa, why did you only come back now?” Seohyun held his face and made him look at her. “I miss you oppa.”

“I miss you too Seohyun.” He said finally smiling.

“Mommy miss you too.” S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter