Chapter 18

Unhoped
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I thought that by coming on the rooftop I could have a clear mind.

This is our place, Luhan and I, back when we were high school together. It’s the place where he lingers the most. There are many memories here on this rooftop. And I always think of him and see him clearly whenever I’m here.

But not today.

I can still remember Baekhyun’s figure walking away with arms linked with his girlfriend. He didn’t even look back. I scoffed.

Why would he? You’re an idiot Kim Taeyeon. You think you matter more that his girlfriend?

 

 

I placed my arms on the railings and looked at the sky. Today is very cloudy, like any minute it’s going to rain.

I shouldn’t have come to school today. This morning is nothing but a stressful day for me. Seohyun crying before I leave, the drive to school with Sehun, Baekhyun shouting to the girls in class, Baekhyun looking angry, Bakehyun sleeping, Baekhyun looking sad, Baekhyun walking away with Hyuna.

Baekhyun.

Baekhyun.

Baekhyun.

 

I walked towards the shade, sat down and lean my head towards the wall. Subconsciously, I started humming the song that Baekhyun and I are going to practice. Seriously, him again.

No matter how many times I remind myself to stop thinking about him it doesn’t work. Should I reverse psychology myself? Should I just continue thinking about him until I stop thinking bout him?

What load of nonsense.

I smiled as I close my eyes. “You’re an idiot Kim Taeyeon.”

 

 

 

 

Oh, This is it!
I finally found someone, someone to share my life.
I finally found the one, to be with every night.

It's just got to be you
My life has just begun.

I finally found someone...

 

 

 

My eyes blinked rapidly as I realize that I was not dreaming and the song that I’ve been listening to is coming from someone beside me. I jolted my head upward from where I’m leaning. Shockingly, I was leaning at Baekhyun’s shoulder.

He looked surprised by my sudden movement, but it didn’t take a second for him to gather his composure and went back to looking at the music sheet in his hand. He started humming.

“W-What are you doing here?” I stuttered, feeling the blood rushed through my cheeks.

“I’m practicing.” He said nonchalantly.

“No, what are you doing sitting here beside me?” How did this happen? When did he come? And when did I fell asleep?

“I’m practicing.” He said again, now raising up the music sheet on my face. I swatted it, feeling embarrassed and a little bit annoyed. “I realize that I don’t to embarrass myself so I’m practicing.”

“You said you don’t want to practice with me. So, what are you doing here?

“I’m not practicing with you. I’m practicing by myself.” I glared at him not that he can see, he’s eyes are on the music sheet again and continued humming.

But then he stopped and looked at me. “Don’t look at me like that. You are the one slacking off. I’m just sitting here minding my own business, working hard on memorizing the song and then you started leaning on my shoulder.”

“HUH?!” I scoffed. “I leaned on you?” I can’t believe this guy.

He smiled. Making me loose my train of thought. I forgot what I was going to say.

“You should have just picked a different place to practice when you saw me sleeping.” I whispered while looking away. I can tell that my face is really pink.

“Well, your sleeping face didn’t bother me, so I stayed. And this is a good open space. My voice sounds better in an open space.” He grinned. Is he bipolar? He turned 180 from his attitude this morning.

What a weirdo.

“And besides, how can I leave when you’re holding my hand?” He looked down and I followed his gaze to our intertwined hands.

My heart went crazy and promptly pulled my hand away.

“You… You… You ert! I would never hold your hand. You took it didn’t you.” I pressed my hand on my chest, still feeling the electricity after I let go of his hand.

I don’t know how my heart could beat anymore faster and my face could get anymore hotter. How could I not notice that are hands are interlocked? I wanted to stand and walk away but my legs turned jelly for some reason. Damn legs.

I heard him chuckle. “Hey, I’m innocent. You held my hand… rather tightly I might add.” He said raising his hands in defense. But his looks are anything but innocent. I fumed in irritation.

He looked down on the music sheet in his hand a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter