Chapter 17

Unhoped
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun is scary. I didn’t realize I would be scared to someone as much as I am with Baekhyun.

He keeps changing. And its scares me very much.

 

I admit, that at first, he reminded me Luhan. The way he talks and the way he always gets what he wants are the same as Luhan’s. He’s a lightweight at drinking too. And he doesn’t know how to do anything in the house. He’s spoiled as well. Everything he does reminded me of Luhan.

But then he started changing. He wakes up early to help me cook. He washes the dishes. He learned how to wash his clothes. He started studying seriously. Even the way he looks and talks with me changed.  These little changes scare me a lot because it makes me change my view of him. Luhan did not change like that.

I’m changing as well. My dreams at night are changing, the nights when I see Luhan were replaced by Baekhyun’s images.

The way I see him is changing. And the way I remember my past is changing. Sometimes I forgot about thinking about the past altogether.

It’s scary. I don’t want to change. I don’t want to forget. The comfort of the past is what keeps me going.

I made a promise. “You’ll always be in my heart and in my mind. And it won’t ever change.”

But being with Baekhyun makes it hard to keep my promise.

 

 

 

All the muttering stopped the second I entered the classroom. Everyone’s eyes are on me and I bowed my head as I trodden to my seat.

All of sudden a bunch of heads appeared in front of my face. Girls from my class which I never talked to before crowded me and started asking questions on after another.

“Hey Taeyeon, was that your boyfriend this morning in front of the school gate.”

I looked at them confused. “Huh? Who are you talking about?”

“Is he a model?” Another one butted.

“How long have you been going out?” What?

“Were you really sick? Or did you go on a vacation with him? What the hell?

“How old is he? He looks like a University student.” My head hurts.

“Does he have friends that he could introduce to us?” I don’t know.

“Oh yeah, we can have a goukon.” I don’t care.

“Hey, let me join as well.” Get out of desk.

“I want to be in it too.” Talk somewhere else.

“Oh, this is exciting. Let’s do it.” Shut up.

“Should we ask girls from another class?” Shut up.

“Why would you ask them. The smaller the group the better.” Shut up.

“WOULD YOU SHUT UP?” I jolted from my seat and covered my mouth and thought that I finally lost control of myself and blurted out my inner thoughts. But when I saw the girls in front of me looked over me, I sighed in relief and followed their gaze.

 

Wrong move.

 

I saw Baekhyun glaring at us. Or I think he’s only glaring at me. My chest felt like they were being squeezed. I turned around and sat straight on my chair. The girls around me disperse one by one.

“Tell us about your boyfriend later okay?” One last girl winked at me before sitting with her friends.

I was left confused on my chair. Are they talking about Sehun? I groaned at the late realization. I’m an idiot. I shouldn’t have agreed on the ride to school. Sehun always attracted to much attention.

 

 

 

“TAEYEON!!!” The door slammed open and I saw Chanyeol running towards me. He immediately hugged my head and rocked it from side to side.

“Are you okay? You were absent for two days. I was so worried. Tiffany was complaining nonstop. We’ve been talking about you all night. She doesn’t talk about anything else except you. Are you only friends? Do I have a shot at her if I confess my feelings? Why is she only talking about you? Does she not like me? Does she like you? Who does she like more? Me or you? Taeyeon answer me!!!” I patted his arms to let go of my neck, because its starting to hurt. “Oh no. I’m so sorry Taeyeon.”

“I thought you were going to snap my neck.” I chuckled as I massage my neck.

“No, I would never do that. Tiffany would probably kill me I did anything to hurt you. I’m really sorry.”

“It’s fine.” I said, laughing once again. “You’re really passionate about my friend. Do you like her that much?

“Of course. She’s my ideal girl. Beautiful and stylish like myself. And she’s also funny.” Chanyeol took out his phone and I was surprise to see a picture of Tiffany on his home screen.

“She can also kill you with her words and constant cursing.” I replied.

He only smiled before putting back his phone on his pocket. “She has confidence and I liked it. The cursing well, I can always change her.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter