Chapter 3

Unhoped
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I’ve never seen someone cry so much because of a sick loved one. I’m feeling so bad about myself right now because that girl is crying because of my irresponsibility.

Taeyeon didn’t shout at me. She didn’t even have the time to look at me when she learned that her daughter is sick. She just headed straight to the room and cried. She cried like someone is dying. The old lady is there with her comforting her and giving her encouragements.

And as for me, I’m planted in my spot. I can’t come close without feeling guilty. And I’m too scared as well to be hated more.

 

“Hey oppa. Are you listening?” I looked at Hyuna who’s sitting by my side. The drama from yesterday just can’t get out of my mind. I didn’t even see Taeyeon before I went out today. She didn’t go to school. The light on their room was still on before I go to sleep, and it was still on when I woke up. Did she stay up all night? What if she’ll have a fever next? She should think about her body as well.

“Hey, you’re not listening, are you?” I felt a light tap on my legs.

“I’m sorry. What were you saying?” Hyuna sighed before smiling at me.

“I said… school ends early today. So, let’s go on a date.” I just stared at her. My mind is starting to sway of another thought again.

“I’m sorry. I can’t today. I have some other things I have to do. Maybe next time.”

She pouted at me and leaned her head closer. “Why? What’s more important than a date with me?” I chuckled nervously.

“I can’t tell. But I promise I’ll make it up to you next time.” She murmured a little, but I think that’s the end of it.

 

 

 

The door was locked when I got home. It’s a good thing that the old lady next door gave me a key of my own. I quietly walked inside as to not disturb anyone.

The door of their bedroom is open, and I could hear soft voices from the inside. I came closer.

“It’s not your fault Taeyeon, so stop crying already.” It was a man’s voice. But that didn’t disturb me one bit. What I was worried about is the fact that Taeyeon haven’t stopped crying since last night.

I peered at the door and saw how the man wrapped his arm around Taeyeon while she cried in his chest. Seohyun was still sleeping on the bed with a hand towel draped on her forehead.

Is that the father? I can’t tell since their back is on me. The man finally felt my presence and turned his head around.

“Who… Who are you? And how did you get in.” I knitted my brow upon seeing that it’s not the man in the picture.

How many guys does she have? Is her innocent face only for show? I looked at her and she just lowered her head and wiped her tears. Her eyes are swollen from crying and I really felt weird seeing her like that. Guilt probably. Or is it anger? Since she looks like she’s acting just to cling to this guy.

“I came from the front door. I have my own key.” I said in a casual manner. The guy looked confused and looked over at Taeyeon.

“Who the hell is this?” He asked her.

I didn’t say anything. I’d want to hear myself what kind of excuse she’ll make. She looked at me for a minute. Her eyes are full of terror. Maybe it’s because I was unconsciously glaring at her.

“He’s…ummm… He’s my cousin.”

“I thought you don’t have any relatives left.”

“I thought I have none as well. But there’s one left, I guess. Sehun you can go now. I’m okay.” She stood and pushed the guy out the room.

“W-Wait. Is this really okay? You don’t seem like you’re related.”

Smart guy. Well duh, we are not.

“It’s a long story and I don’t want to talk about it so just leave.” When they got to the door, she finally stopped pushing him.

The guy took hold of Taeyeon’s and squeezed it tightly. “Okay I’ll go. But if you need anything just call me okay?”

“Yeah. Thank you.” She blushed and for some reason I find it really annoying.

I slumped on the floor and took out some of my books to pretend that I’ve got something better to do. I heard the door shut and then light steps coming my way. I looked up and met her gaze, but she instantly looked away. And then there it is again, the heavy feeling of guilt.

“So, I’m your cousin now?” I tried to lighten the mood. She sat on the floor across me. I was a little surprise because I was really expecting to be ignored.

She took one of my books and opened it. “He’s going to kick you out by force. And I’m scared that you’ll tell everyone about Seohyun.” She looked at me with a determined face. “I’ll do whatever it takes to protect my secret. To protect Seohyun. Even if it means I’m lying to my friend.”

“Oh, so he’s just a friend.” I smiled and felt kind of relieved.

“Who did you think he was?” She dead panned.

“No one. A stranger?” Then I laughed. She rolled her eyes and continued reading my book.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter