Chapter 13

Unhoped
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

All I’m thinking of right now is a way to be closer to Taeyeon. We are a little close since we are friends – something I’m not entirely proud of – but right now I just literally wanted to be close to her. But I can’t, since she’s being crowded right now.

I think her voice echoed in the whole house and right now everyone is surrounding her. My dad, my mom – who has Seohyun sitting on her lap, Mrs. Nam and even the maids.

I, who she’s singing to a moment ago, was shoved at the very back of the crowd.

“Taeyeon. That was really good. I remembered my teenage years with that song.” Mom, who was at her right, said as she caressed Taeyeon’s hair, Seohyun mimicked her action.

Damn it. I wanted to do that.

“And you’re English was pretty fluent.” My dad, who was on her left, patted her shoulder.

I wanted to do that as well.

“You really have a lovely voice dear.” Mrs. Nam joined and then the other maids gave her compliments as well.

All of the praises made her blush and when she looked at me, she smiled but I can tell she’s asking for some help. “Can all of you leave us alone? I need to practice.”

“Oh honey, you can practice while we watch.” Mom said.

“As if all you’ll ever do is watch.”

“Come to think of it… I’ve never heard you sing.”

“If I don’t learn this song because you’re not giving us time to practice properly, then you really won’t hear me sing, because I’m not going up on that stage unprepared.” My serious tone got to them and they slowly walked away one by one. I saw Taeyeon sighed but the smile on her face is still intact.

“Thanks.” She suddenly looked at me, making me feel like a creep who was caught staring.

“Don’t mention it. Besides, I really needed to practice properly since I don’t want to be a laughingstock by the whole student body.” She smiled again while nodding her head.

“Can’t we just practice on my room instead? I won’t do anything unnecessary.” I heard a soft chuckle before she replied a simple okay.

 

 

 

“Do my parents make you uncomfortable?” I asked as we walked up the stairs.

She looked at me in surprise. “No. I like your parents. Does it look like I’m uncomfortable?” She looked back and out the window to where my parents and Seohyun are. “Are they thinking that?” She was about to head down when I held her arm and pulled her back.

“No. They don’t think that. I think they like you too. I just thought… since you looked like you weren’t enjoying their compliments a while ago.”

“Oh. That… No. It just made me think about my parents. They used to say the same thing about me when I sing that song.” Her smile was replaced with a sad expression. I was tempted to put my arms around her. But before I did, she got her composure once more.

“You really have wonderful parents. You should treasure them more.”

“I will.” I smiled at her and she smiled back.

Taeyeon really makes me want to treasure my parents. She made me realized how lucky I am to still have my parents around. Family is the most important to Taeyeon and being with her for a short while made me realized how true it is. And it’ll be great if she’ll be a part of my family in the future.

My face heated at the thought. I’m so in love with her that I’m already thinking about making her my wife. I already said to Tiffany that I’ll be willing to be a father. I never regretted saying those words. I was serious. And I’m serious now. I am deeply in love with this girl.

My phone buzzes so loud it automatically snapped me out of my thought. It was Hyuna. Oh no. There’s still this problem. I should deal with this sooner.

I gestured Taeyeon to walk ahead and she did, without even looking at me. I’m kind of used to it.

“Hello? Hyuna?” There was a long pause on the other line and then a soft whimper.

“Hey. What’s wrong?”

“Oppa…” She started crying.

“What happened? Are you okay?”

“No…” She sniffed. “I fell down the stairs… It really hurts.” She whimpered again. I panicked.

“Who are you with? What about your parents?”

“They’re not home. I’m all alone here… Oppa. It really hurts.”

“Okay. I’ll go there and take you to the hospital. Don’t move too much okay. I’ll get you.” I hanged up and paced a little not entirely sure what to do.

I ran to the room and saw that Taeyeon was just about to go inside. “Hey.” I called.

The cold stare was something I didn’t expect from her. We we’re just talking fine a while ago. “Can we postpone our practice? I’m just going out for a while. Something came up.”

She didn’t give me anymore answer than a simple nod.

“Are you sure it’s okay? I’m really…”

“It’s fine.” She walked right passed me without even glancing. She looked pissed. I rushed to follow her.

“What’s wrong all of a sudden?” She stopped but didn’t even dare to look back at me.

“I said its fine already. We’ll practice when you get back. I’ll… I’ll wait.”

 

 

 

 

 

I used my car, something I’m not allowed to use when I go school, to reach Hyuna’s place faster, to help her faster and to go home faster. I want to see Taeyeon immediately.

Why is that girl like that? One minute, she’s all smiley face and then the next she’ll be iced cold and before you know it she’ll warm your heart with just a single phrase.

I’ll wait.

I can still hear the words clearly. With my fast beating heartbeat as my soundtrack, I dashed to my destination.

 

When I arrived at Hyuna’s house I immediately knocked into the door. After remembering that the only person in this house at the moment fell from the stairs I stopped. How the hell am I going to come in? I called a few times for Hyuna’s name but there was no answer.

I seriously felt worried for her. I don’t love her but come on… if you’re a human being and someone called you saying that they injured themselves you’d be worried too. And though it was purely physical (for me), she still became my girlfriend. I mean, still my girlfriend. And even though it might hurt more than her fractured back, I’ll have to break up with her before I leave this house today.

I tried to twist the knob just in case… it clicked. It’s not locked. I slowly peered inside still calling for Hyuna and then I heard a whimper upstairs.

Huh? I thought she fell from the stairs? I followed the whimpering and it led me in front of Hyuna’s room. I guess she forced herself to go to her room. I opened the door slowly and peered inside. My eyes almost popped out of their socket to the image that was laid in front of me.

Hyuna, lying on her stomach, wearing nothing but her bra and . I froze.

“H-Hey, are you alright?” Did she fall before going to the bathroom? But she didn’t have to use the stairs to go to the bathroom. She has her own bathroom here. Don’t tell me she’s walking inside the house with just underwear on? I shook my head. Guy’s mind really travels anywhere. She whimpered once again and wiggled her slightly. I can’t help but stare.

“Oppa. Can you come closer? I can’t move.” I stiffly walked towards her. Damn it. Her skin is really something. I almost forget that her hotness was the reason that I’m dating her. And now I’m ending this whole thing about us.

I snapped out from my manly sin and only remembered that girl there’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter