Chapter 14

Unhoped
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I thought I was ready to admit to Taeyeon that I’m in love with her but I’m not. How can I tell the girl that I’m with that I love her if she annoyed the hell out of me?

It’s been almost a week since she started to be this cold alien again. I don’t even know what I did to deserve such cold treatment. I tried approaching her, but she kept avoiding me. And when we practice, she would always scold me, saying that I’m not doing anything right even though I’ve been improving every single day.

 

It all started when she woke up after a nap that afternoon she was in our house.

 

I was cradling Seohyun on my shoulder because I was trying to make her sleep. The girl has been too active since she went to our home and refuses to sleep even though she looked so tired from all the playing.

I saw Taeyeon standing on top of the stairs. She’s frowning. I pretended that I didn’t see her and turn back to walk to the patio for some fresher air. What I said while she’s sleeping is still etched in my mind. Thinking about it, what I did was really creepy. I mean, whispering to a sleeping girl. I feel like a ert at that time.

Seohyun is starting to fall asleep.

“When did you came back?” I looked back and she was there standing behind me with her arms wrapped around her.

“A while ago. You were sleeping so I didn’t wake you up.” She looked at Seohyun, who I think has finally fallen asleep because she’s not moving.

“Can I take her? We’re going home.” She reached out but I move back.

“Huh? What are you talking about? You’re here for the weekend remember?”

“I don’t remember agreeing to that. That time I said I’ll stay but not for the weekend. We’ve been here too long, and I want to go home.” She reached out again for Seohyun but I moved back again.

“Give her to me.”

“Shh. She’s sleeping. How can you be so rude to your own child?”

“Then stop backing away.” She whisper-screamed.

“Why do want to go home anyway?”

“Because it’s my home. I’m more comfortable there.”

“Oh, I think you’re pretty comfortable in here too since you were snoring a while ago.”

“What?” She blushed. “I don’t snore.”

“Yes, you do. It was pretty loud. It’s a good thing that Seohyun sleeps like a log so she doesn’t cry from the scary noise you make while sleeping.” She blushed harder while she glared at me. I almost laugh. It’s really fun teasing her.

“What? Stop glaring. You’re only creating wrinkles between your brows.”

“Just give her to me already.”

“I don’t want to. You’re not going anywhere.”

“What’s wrong with you? I want to go. Just let me go.” Her voice started to crack and so does my heart.

Why does she want go so bad? She looked happy here. I don’t want her to leave.

Ever.

“No.” I whispered. “I won’t. I won’t let you go Taeyeon. I want you here. Taeyeon I…”

“Stop! What are you saying? You can’t want another girl in your house when you have a girlfriend. You went to see her didn’t you?”

I don’t remember ever telling Taeyeon that I went to meet Hyuna. “I heard you talking on the phone. You were just so worried about her a while ago. I… We’re not supposed to be here. Why don’t you call your girlfriend again and asked her to be here? That’s why you’ll never have to rush and go away every time she called…” She stopped momentarily and cussed breathily.

“Taeyeon. Hyuna and I…”

“And I already told you. I don’t like seeing you.” My ears pricked. I narrowed my eyes.

“Why? Because of Luhan again? Do I really remind you of him?” She froze and averted her gaze off me.

“What kind of an idiot are you? I’m not him! Just because I laugh like him or sing like him then I’m suddenly a reincarnation of him. He’s not here! Move on! He’s dead and…” I didn’t even see her lift a finger. All I felt was the hard palm of her hand that landed on my face. She glared at me. She’s angry, but so am I.

I was planning on telling her I love her, but she always says these things that tick me off. I shoved Seohyun to her. And she stumbled back a little but prevented herself from falling. She looked hurt from my gesture, but my mind was clouded with anger that I didn’t care.

“There. Take your daughter. Go home. I don’t care anymore.” I walked passed her and left her there standing.

 

“So, what happened?” Chanyeol said as he placed his tray to the table beside me. I didn’t look up and only played with my food.

“Huh? What are you talking about?”

“You’re sulking.”

“Huh??? I’m not.” I glared at him but only earned myself a laugh.

“Just apologize to her already.”

“What makes you think it’s my fault?”

“She’s not the type of person to be irrationally angry and you’re irrationally angry all the time.”

“I am not! Besides, I don’t remember doing anything to make her mad at me. I’ve been nothing but kind to her when she stayed at the house last weekend.” He gasped and dropped his spoon. I know he’s faking surprise.

“She stayed for the weekend? You animal! You have a girlfriend.”

I rolled my eyes. “I bet Tiffany already told you about that. And about Hyuna, I already broke up with her.”

He picked up his spoon and nodded indifferently. “Took you long enough. So, how did she take it?”

“Not well, but she’ll get over it. She’s a tough girl.” He only hummed as a reply before going back to the original topic.

“Are you certain that you didn’t do anything to her over the weekend?”

“I didn’t.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes, I’m sure.”

“Are you?”

“Yes.” I said, a little irritated.

“Are you?”

“I’m going to kill you.”

“Yeah sure, but are you?” I took a deep breath to recollect myself and to calm my nerve before I hit this idiot.

“No. I’m not sure.”

I knitted my brow and closed my eyes to think what the cause of her sudden coldness might be. Then I remembered the time when she was sleeping. I whispered to her that I love her.

I jolted up from seat garnering the attention of the people from the nearby tables in the cafeteria. Chanyeol was looking at me, equally surprise as all the others.

“I think I might have done something.”

 

 

 

“Your rhythm is off. Do it from the start.” It’s the 3rd time she said those to me and it’s starting to piss me off. I don’t think I’m doing anything wrong.

“Then why don’t you show me how to do it right.” She glared at me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter