Chapter 15

When I See You Smile

I sat in front of Joochan. Joochan knows about the relationship of Heechul and I. 

"That's okay Sungran, one day, you'll not feel awkward around him anymore." Joochan said and smiled. I smiled back and we started eating. 

After eating, I went to my seat and did my usual routine, read. Then the bell rang and the class started. 

A few hours later, the dismissal bell rang. "Joochan-ah!" I called Joochan. "I'm going now! See you on monday." I said.

"Ok, take care, Bye!" She replied. I went straight home. "I'm home~" I shouted with tone. Oh, no one's here yet.

I went to my room and changed my clothes. I did my homework. Still, no one has come home yet. So, I decided to eat noodles.

While eating, I decided to call Heechul. "Yoboseyo?" He said. "Heechul." I said.

"Sungran..-ssi, do you need something?" Heechul asked. I remembered that whenever I call Heechul, he'll answer it excitedly.

But now, he doesn't look interested. That's...ouch. It's like knives were stabbing my heart. 

"U-uh, c-can you do me a f-favor?" I asked hesitantly. "What is it?" He asked. 

"C-can I interview you? Its about the homeroom project." I said. I bet Jessica already asked him.

"Oh, sorry. Jessica already asked me." Heechul said. As I thought. I guess we'll just interview Yuri.

"Oh, I-is that so.." I said. "Do you still need something?" He asked. "U-uhm, c-can I w-walk with you to school on monday?" I asked.

"I-I-I m-miss my best friend." I added. "Sure Sungran, I miss my best friend too." He said and we both hung up.

HAAH! It feels good! Its like a big boulder were just lifted from my shoulders! I continued eating and someone entered the house.

"I'm home!" Its omma. I went towards her and hugged her. "Welcome home, omma!" I said. "Where's your brother?" Omma asked.

"Work." I replied. "Have you eaten yet?" Omma asked. "I'm eating right now. How about you omma?" I asked. 

"I have eaten already." Omma said and went to her room. Then the door opened again. "I'm home." Its oppa.

"Oppa!" I said and hugged him. "Welcome home!" I said as I let go of the hug. "Have you eaten yet?" I asked oppa.

"Yes." He replied. I guess I'll be eating dinner alone for the next few days. I finished my noodles, took a shower, brushed my teeth and went to sleep.

NEXT MORNING:

I woke up at exactly 8 am and I washed my face and took a short shower. Yeah, I'm addicted to shower.  I don't feel comfortable if I didn't clean myself, it body feels sticky... ugh YUCK.

I went downstairs for breakfast. We ate TOGETHER. This seldom happens you know. 

After eating, I went to convenience store to buy some groceries and snacks for myself. My mom is busy at her work, so she'll be home only on weekends. 

And my brother has work. That's why I'm buying snacks for myself. When I'm about to pay, I saw Yuri.

I immediately walked towards her. "Yuri-ssi!" I said. "Oh, Sungran, do you need something?" She asked.

Hmmmm weird... every time Yuri is with Jessica, she's kinda wicked, cruel or something...

"Uhm, can I interview you for the homeroom project?" I asked. "Sure, but...right now?" She asked.

Wow! She said yes...well I kinda like her when she's not with that 'girl'.

"Uh, no. On Monday, after school." I said. "Sure." She replied. I paid the groceries and snacks and went home.

At home, I asked omma if I can shop for clothes. "Buy black shirt or black blouse for yourself, coz tomorrow we'll be going to the cemetery. Tomorrow's the death anniversary of your father." Omma said.

Oh... tomorrow is the death anniversary of appa... I miss appa sooooo much... :(

"Yes omma." I said. She gave me enough money for 5 dresses, but I'm not going to buy 5 dresses. 

I took a bus and went to a mall. I went first to a boutique store. They sell fine dresses. 

I looked around and there is one dress that caught my attention. A simple dress, black in color with white ribbon on the side.

I tried it. Its an above-the-knee dress. I removed my big eyeglasses and looked at myself in the mirror.

Is this me? Well its kinda blurry but I can still see my figure...

Then the saleslady spoke, "Ma'am, you're so beautiful without glasses!"

Whoa, really? Hmmm there's a time that I want to replace my huge glasses with contact lenses but its to expensive...

"Thanks." I said.

I removed the dress and wore my clothes, including the glasses, I can't see enough if I don't have my glasses.

I purchased the dress. Then I went to a shoe shop. I bought a gladiator shoes. Then I bought a white shirt and a grey leggings.

There's enough money for food and a bus fare. I went to KFC and bought a meal. I sat near the entrance of the fast food.

While eating, I saw Jessica and Heechul entered KFC. I pretended to ignore them but Jessica saw me. ALONE.

"Oh, Sungran, you're here." She said. Heechul looked at me then turned to Jessica. "What would you like to order Jessica?" Heechul asked.

"Anything, as long as its the same as yours!" Jessica said to Heechul cutely. 

Heechul went to the counter and ordered their food while Jessica sat in front of me, as in, we're in the same table, they're eating with me.

There are 3 paper bags beside me, the shoes, the shirt and leggings and the dress, and Jessica saw it. 

"Sungran, you liked shopping?" She asked. But before I could answer, Heechul went to 'our' table and sat beside Jessica.

I decided not to answer Jessica's question and I just continued eating. I can hear their 'ahhh..'s They're feeding each other.

Why are they doing this in front of me? Its kinda rude you know...

Then Jessica spoke, "Sungran, that clothes, what's that for?" I would like to reply:

'Can't I buy clothes for myself?'

but instead, I said "Its for tomorrow's anniversary." Because Heechul is with her.

"What anniversary?" Heechul asked. "D-death anniversary....of my father." I said.

Then  I finished my food, waved goodbye at them and went straight to home.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the late update. :( Hope you like this boring chapter! ^^v