A New Friend

When I See You Smile

Next Morning:

I woke up. Oppa isn't in my side anymore. I know he's preparing breakfast. I took a shower and wore my school uniform.

I went downstairs and the breakfast is ready. I sat and ate.

"Oppa, thanks for listening and sleeping with me last night." I said. 

"You're welcome my dongsaeng." He said. "Oppa, when will omma be back?" I asked.

"She called earlier, she said she'll be coming home by friday." Oppa said. While eating, my phone rang.  Its from Heechul.

I answered. "Yoboseyo?" I said. "Sungran, I'll walk with you to school." Heechul said. 

"What? N-no, I'm already in school." I lied. "EH?! Tsk, I'll see you at school then." Heechul said ang hung up.

"You just lied to your best friend." Oppa said. "I have to." I said and sighed.

After eating, I waved goodbye to oppa. "I'm going now oppa." I said. "Bye bye." Oppa said.

I walked out of our house and went to school. 

If I enter at the entrance gate, I'll pass Heechul's classroom first but if I'm from the cafeteria, I'll pass my classroom first.

I decided to enter through the entrance gate, since its nearer.

Every classroom have windows that can see the corridors. I passed Heechul's classroom. I saw Heechul sitting near the window.

He saw me. His face turned blank when he saw me. I walked faster to my classroom. I sat on my desk's chair and started reading.

The bell rang and the first period started. After a few subjects more, the lunch bell rang. 

I have my packed lunch because Jessica said she'll going to eat with Heechul. Then I heard our classroom's door opened.

I saw Heechul. I hurriedly took out my lunch and opened it. "Heechul! Let's eat together." Jessica said.  

"But I'm eating with Sungran." Heechul said. "Then the three of us!" Jessica said. "Sungran, eat with us." Heechul said.

I turned my head to him. "I don't want to be a third wheel." I said, stuffing a spoonful of rice in my mouth. 

"Then we'll be going!" Jessica said. As I am eating, someone stood in front of me. Its Park Joochan, one of my classmates.

"H-hi, c-can I e-eat with y-you?" She asked. "Sure." I replied and smiled. We shared our stories.

I found out that she's living alone and her parents are working abroad. She's also one of the Top Ten honors here in our class.

She also wear eyeglasses like me but hers is a little smaller. Her hair is long like mine, but she doesn't wear clips or ponies.

While mine is always in braids. We finished eating and she got back to her seat and I started reading. I heard the door opened.

"See you later, oppa." Jessica said. 

Days passed and Heechul has been eating lunch with Jessica while I eat in the classroom with Joochan. 

We've been good friends.

It is friday morning at school and our first period teacher entered. Since it's friday today, we have homeroom subject for one hour.

The teacher gave us a dual project that is due next friday. The teacher let us chose our own partners. Joochan and I are partners.

The project is about interviewing with the same year level like us in the other section. One student per pair. No repetition.

Joochan and I decided to interview Heechul. After the first period, a few subjects more then the lunch bell rang.

"Joochan-ah, I'm just going to the locker area, wait me here." I said. "Ok." She replied. 

I went out of the classroom and went towards the locker area. I opened my locker and put my stuff and then closed it.

I walked to the classroom. While walking, I heard someone called my name. "Sungran!" I turned and saw Heechul.

I felt awkward around him. "Oh, Heechul...-ssi." I said. I continued walking towards my classroom while Heechul is beside me.

Walking with me.

I went in the classroom and walked towards Joochan. Then I heard Jessica spoke.

"Heechul, I'm going to eat with my friends today, only today." Jessica said. I looked at them. "Oh, ok." Heechul said.

"See you later oppa." Jessica said as she walked with Tiffany. Heechul looked at me. We looked at each other.

Then Heechul looked away and went out of our classroom.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

How was it? Hope you like it :)