⇒ C19

EX-Bang
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After doing the exams and knowing everything was alright with her and the baby, she could go home. It was almost lunch time so of course she was hungry.
Dressing the clothes he brought when he went home, she sat on the bed trying to put the sandals.
He noticed she was taking too much time, he knocked the door.

“Nuri, are you ok?”

“I’m having some problems” she answered.

“Can I come in?”

“Yes”

He opened the door and approach her.

“Problems you say…”

“Can’t tie my sandals”

“Hm… let me do it then”

He kneel in front of her and slowly tied her sandals. He, at first, thought it was bad idea to bring sandals for the outfit but then instead he thought it was a brilliant idea so she could ask him for help.

“Alright, done” he got up and she did the same.

“Thanks”

“You’re welcome. Ready to go home?”

“Hm” she nodded. She grabbed her bag, put it in her shoulder and step by step she got out of the room. Saying goodbye to the nurses that have been taking care of her, she quickly arrived the hospital’s reception. She approached the secretary. “I’m Han Nuri and I came to pay my bill. I was discharged a few minutes ago”

“Han Nuri-ssi” she searched on her computer “No bill here. I believe your husband already paid your bill, Nuri-ssi”

“My husband?” She turned to him and he showed the receipt. “Ah alright, thank you”

She simply smiled while calling the next person.

“How much is it?” she asks standing her hand to get the receipt.

“Zero”

“Yongguk-“

“I’m not going to tell you”

“Do I need to ask her?” She points to the secretary.

“I’m paying”

“I was the one who end up in the hospital not you”

“But it was because of me and for your info inside of you is my child too”

“Just do whatever you want. I don’t want to argue anymore”

“Then let’s not argue. I want to pay it so let it be”

She just rolled her eyes. Walking outside, she was kind of lost because she didn’t know where to go. He simply grabbed her hand and guide her to his car.

“Where do you plan to go?” He asks in his hurt tone of voice.

“Home”

“Technically you’ve 4 homes, Nuri”

“I have?”

“Yes”

“Tell me then”

“Your father’s home, your mother’s home, your house here and our house. Where are you going?”

“I’ve so many places”

“Please tell me”

“I want to visit your mom”

“Alright”

He drove to their house, they got inside the elevator, as usual the neighbor was cleaning in front of her house door and they had to greet. She start saying her usual stuff, and that she saw Nuri being carried by a tall man and so on. After talking to her, they got in the apartment and smell delicious food as soon as they got in.

She was drooling inside, so she quickly tried to take out her sandals but of course she couldn’t. He kneel once again and untied it for her. Putting inside the wardrobe, she put her slippers and head to the kitchen where she found his mother surrounded with food.

“You’re back”

“Mom, you should be resting” he says putting the stuff he had on his arms on top of the small table.

“It’s lunch time. I can’t rest if my stomach is empty” she laughs putting the plates on the table “Now go wash your hands and come to the table”

She went first to wash her hands and then he went second. She sat on the table, thanking his mother for the food before he arrived.
Everyone sat at the table and his mother serve a full plate of food to Nuri.

“You need to eat to bring a strong baby, Nuri” she says grabbing Nuri’s hand. “Right?”

“Right” she simply smiled. Start eating, she was like in heaven. The difference between hospital’s food and that is huge.
While eating lunch, they did not talk about if she was staying or not. They didn’t want to ruin the mood, so they decided to stay quiet and talk about other stuff like names, some plans, and future visions with the baby.
After eating and cleaning everything, his mother decided to return home since the bus was almost leaving. He decided to take her to the bus station so she wouldn’t have the trouble to go there by herself and for him to have sure she went there safely.

Nuri stayed at home secretly unpacking her bags. After putting everything on the wardrobes she put the empty bags closed close to the door. Feeling sore, she decided to have a bath full of bubbles.

Yongguk’s POV

I arrived home once again after seeing my mom getting in the bus. Of course she had to give me one of hers, asking me where were we at in terms in our relationship so, I had to tell her the main point of it.
She’ll just be 100% satisfy when Nuri becomes my wife once again.
I opened the door, took out my shoes and noticed that the house was in pure silent. No noise. I end up panicking because I was afraid she would run again. Passing by the kitchen, then the living room, the future baby’s bedroom and ending up in the bedroom, I noticed the bags close to the wardrobe closed.

“She is leaving me” I whispered. I opened the wardrobe to take a t-shirt and some pants when I observed that her clothes where in their place. Suddenly I heard a splash coming from the bathroom. She didn’t go? I opened the bags and they were now empty. Before they had her clothes, now they are pure empty.

I didn’t have time to think that much that I just opened the bathroom’s door to see her lay down on the bathtub with earphone listening to music while relaxing. I slowly approached her and hug her and of course she got scared. It was a wrong move, I know, scaring her while pregnant but I was kind of relieved.

“For god’s sake!” she complain taking the earphones. “What are you doing here?!”

“Came to see you”

“Couldn’t you just wait a few moments? I’m having a bath if you didn’t noticed”

“I know”

“You know but you still came in”

“Hm… I’m not seeing anything if that’s your problem… even though we know each other perfectly, I believe, the bath is full of bubbles”

“Still-“

“I’m happy”

“I can see that”

“But I’m afraid this feeling will disappear when I ask you a question, Nuri”

“Hm… what question?”

“You unpacked because you want to stay and give me one more chance or because you feel like you should because of the baby?”

“This is not a conversation to do it in the bathroom,”

“Answer me”

“Maybe because I love you? Because maybe I’ll regret in the future not choosing to stay by your side with our child? Maybe because I finally understand that our divorce wasn’t 100% your fault and that I should ask whenever I’ve my doubts? Maybe because I end up finding that I’m happier by your side, I’ve amazing experiences by your side and you make me laugh more when I’m with you? I probably have more reasons but this are the mains why I want to maintain our relationship, Yongguk. I didn’t fight hard in High School dating you to end up losing you now. Maybe before I thought like that but not now.”

Since she had her hair up, I approached her ear and whispered:

“I love you. You know that, right?”

“I know” she whispered really but really low.

“Say it louder”

“I know”

“I couldn’t hear”

“I freaking know!”

“So don’t forget you know”

“I won’t” she grabbed my arms that were still surrounding her body. “I love you, Yongguk”

“Hm” I nodded. I stop hugging her and I know she was disappointed.

“Yongguk-“ when she turn around she saw I was taking my shirt “Y-yah what are  you doing?!”

“Taking my clothes”

“W-why?”

“I’m getting in”

“No~”

“I’ll”

“We won’t fit in here”

“You know we actually fit pretty well”

“When I was not pregnant”

“Your stomach isn’t that big”

“No? I-“

“If you let me in I’ll do the massage”

“Massage?”

“Hm… that one we learn in the parents’ class”

“Less that part you know”

“I don’t see any problem with that”

“You don’t see? That’s is freaking embarrassing have you touch my brea-“

“Fine. It’s a loss, you know?”

“One more of that and I’ll kick you out of the bathroom”

“Alright alright” I took every piece of me and put in the laundry bin “Move forward a little bit” and so she did. I slowly enter the not too cold but not so hot water. I sat behind her and quickly put my arms around her to make her get close to me.

“S-stop”

“If you’re going to stay in the other side of the bathtub I won’t be able to do it,”

“But-“

“If you behave well I may do the full massage”

“Full?”

“Head to toe”

She got chills.

“Ok” she nodded.

I slowly start doing the massage and I noticed how relax she was. I was just too happy. But my happiness ended when I heard the bell.

“I’ll get it” I said getting out of the bathtub and putting the robe. I head to the door where I opened. “What are you doing here?”

“Yongguk-“

“I told you I don’t want to see you in front of me anymore. I warn you I don’t want you close to my family so why are you-“

“Came to give you this and saying my goodbyes”

“Give me what?” she hand me a letter.

“Goodbye. Have a nice life. And I’m sorry” She turn around and disappear in the elevator. I closed the door and when I turn around, I saw Nuri already in her pajama close to the door.

“She-“

“I heard. You don’t need to explain”

“But-“

“She gave you a letter?” she asks heading to the living room and sitting. I approach the couch too and sat next to her.

“As you see…”

“Why don’t you open?”

“Because I’m afraid it’s something bad”

“Do you want me to open it?”

“Please” I hand her the letter and she opened. Suddenly she smiled.

“I believe you should read it yourself” she hand it back to me. I recognized that handwriting. It was her nephew’s. He wrote a letter thanking me for the English classes and that his grades were much better than before. I was extremely happy with this news.

“Good to read this” I closed the letter and put it back inside.

“Having a teacher like you”

“It makes me remember the times I taught you english and the time you wanted me out so quickly”

“You annoyed me a lot”

“I know I still do It but you love that part of me”

“Maybe”

“Yah… Nuri-ah-“ I wanted to approach her but she quickly pushed me.

“Go finish your bath.

“Come with me then,”

“I’m not going. I already finished mine and I dressed my pajama.”

“But-“

“Don’t stay like that anymore. How could you open the door in that way” she points to me laughing. I just have a freaking robe covering my body. I sighed while walking to the bathroom to take a quick shower.

After dressing my pajama pants and covering my torso with a tank top, I returned to the living room to find her sleeping. She had turn on the TV but she quickly fell asleep. I sat on the couch, lift her head and put it on my lap while I watched the movie that was airing. It was in the beginning yet.

Nuri’s POV

I woke up after finding myself hungry. Slowly opened my eyes, noticed that I was looking at the TV. But where I had my head was different than before. I turn around an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter