⇒ C18

EX-Bang
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nuri’s POV

“Mommy”

“Yes honey?”

“When can I see daddy?”

“Soon,”

“I don’t see daddy for years”

“He has work… Aren’t happy to stay with mommy? Are you unsatisfied?”

“No… I just miss daddy”

“You’ll see him soon, don’t worry.” I grabbed my bags and walk close to the airport benches. Living for 5 years now in UK with my child, with the help of my father and step-mother, I return to Korea to realize my child’s request to see him.
Even though I told him we would arrive at this hour, he is still late. Is he even concern about his child? A believe a few years ago he argued with me that he wanted his child close to him and now he is late.

From far, my child saw him and quickly run close to him but stopped when he saw a female figure next to him.

“You grow up,” he smiles. The woman next to him pat my child’s head. He felt uncomfortable. I just grabbed our bags and approached them. “You came too”

Having some guts.

“I’ll take care of him, don’t worry” he adds. “You can return back to where you came”

I don’t know what’s wrong with him.

“Don’t worry. I won’t be in the middle of you and your girlfriend” I said smiling “Don’t fail on your child, that’s the only thing I request and you’ll heard from me”

“Don’t worry, Nuri. Me, Hye Sun, will help Yongguk taking care of your child like it’s my own child-“

End of pov

She opened her eye so quickly that she got dizzy. She was sweating from her forehead.

“Such a nightmare” she whispers laying down and looking at the ceiling. “Is that how it would be?” she questioned low in tears. Then she looked at her phone and it had a green light. She had a message. Slowly she grabbed her phone and check from who.

“This cold and empty bed is bothering me. I want to hug you and fall asleep close to you but I know that you won’t forgive me either you’ll trust in me…
I’ll stop bothering you with this business. It’s dangerous for you and our baby. I just want you to know that I love you.
Good night,”

She tried to check what time he send that but the tears following from her eyes were making everything blur and making the screen get wet. She cleaned her tears with a tissue and finally was able to see after cleaning her screen too. It was two hours ago. It’s almost midnight.

“Good night”

She answers back putting her phone back to it place. She closed her eyes once again to fall asleep. She tried to think about good things. She didn’t want to dream about that. That was a nightmare that she wants to forget.

**

The sun lighted her face and quickly she woke up. Grabbing her phone it was 6am. Still early for her. Hiding under the blankets she tried to fall asleep and it was a success after a huge time.

**

The movement inside her bedroom was bothering her and she took out the sheets of her head and look to see what was going on.
Hyuk Soo was taking the machines out of her bedroom.

“Good morning,” he says smiling.

“Morning” she answers yawing. He stopped in front of her and crossed his arms. “What?”

“What time did you go to sleep yesterday?”

“After dinner”

“Liar”

“I’m telling you the truth”

“Then why are you yawing and with dark circles under your eyes?”

“I truly went to bed around 9PM but like after 2 hours I woke up because of nightmare and had troubles falling asleep. Then I woke up around 6am and had troubles to fall asleep too”

“Nightmare?”

“I don’t want to talk about it”

“Ah… I see you what type of nightmare… It’s better if you forget that”

She simply nodded.

“I’m taking this outside. I’m going to tell the nurses you’re up for your breakfast”

“Alright,”

“I may not come here anytime soon due to my work downstairs but if anything happens I’ll be the first one to come, ok?”

“Ok”

“See you later than,”

“Have a nice day of work”

He left her and for a while she stared at the window looking outside. The only thing she could see was buildings but still the light and the building themselves made her think. Think about what is going on around her, what she should do, her decisions.

The nurse end up bringing her breakfast. She slowly ate even though she wasn’t feeling hungry. She ate like for obligation.
Meanwhile, she heard the door and she gave permission to enter. Without looking, she kept eating her food.

“Good morning,” he says. He had dark circle around his eyes.

“What are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be working?”

“Took some days until your fully recover”

“You don’t need that” she put the tray on top of the table after finishing. “Your students will be worry”

“They were the one who suggest me, yesterday.”

“Yesterday?”

“I got a call from my sister when I was in class. They were extremely worried when they heard your name. They wanted to come too”

“Those kids,” she chuckles “Your eyes-“

“I couldn’t sleep that well yesterday” he answers smiling. But she was in doubt about his smile. She noticed he was hurt.

“Stop faking”

“What faking-“

“Stop faking your smile when you’re hurt. Just stop”

“What do you want me to be like? If I come with a devastated face you’ll complain, if I try to smile you complain… What do you want?”

“I want you to smile sincerely like you usual do” From nowhere tears came out of her eyes “I don’t want to see you sad”

“How can I not be sad when we are in a situation like this?” His voice sounded so hurt that she really start crying. Crying in a way that reminded her back in the UK. He approached her and hug her. She grabbed his shirt with so much strength and without stopping crying, she was kissed in her forehead and then softly in her lips.

She didn’t stop crying that she end up with hiccups.

“Please stop crying,” he beg grabbing her hand

“I’m sorry” she repeated the same several times.

“Stop apologizing”

“Yongguk… Please promise me”

“I’ll promise everything”

“Don’t leave me ever. Don’t hide things from me… I’m begging”

“I promise”

“Promise me you’ll love m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter