My Daddy's Lover Is A Troublemaker 2 - Chapter 9

My Daddy's Lover Is A Troublemaker 2

Unable to persuade the club owner to take action, Sunggyu left the club in anger.  As he was driving along the road, he caught sight of a figure staggering along the sidewalk.  He figured that the person was probably drunk.  It wasn't until he caught a glimpse of the person's face, did his eyes widen in surprise.  He immediately stepped on the brakes and pulled over to the side of the road.

As Sunggyu approached closer, the figure pulled out his gun and aimed it at him.  Sunggyu came to a stop, eyeing the gun in the figure's hand.  The figure raised his head, ready to pull the trigger until he saw the face of the man staring back at him.

"What are you doing here?" the figure asked as he slowly lowered his gun.

Sunggyu noticed that the figure's left arm was hanging limply by his side.  When he saw the drops of blood trickling down the figure's arm he finally realised the reason.  "You're injured."

The figure smirked and glanced at his left arm.  He had been careless.  "I have your brother to thank for that."

Sunggyu's eyes lit up.  "He's alive?"

The figure frowned at Sunggyu's response.  "He murdered your wife, massacred a group of people and attempted to kill your lover yet you still worry about him?"

"No matter what, he's still my brother," said Sunggyu.  "He's sick and just needs help."

The figure laughed.  "He's been deemed a danger to society.  My job isn't to capture but to kill."

Sunggyu seemed uneasy at the figure's words.  "Where is he?"

"Don't worry," the figure replied.  "He'll find you.  I suggest you keep an eye on those close to you."


Woohyun awoke the next morning to find Sunggyu awake in bed beside him.  He saw the weary look on Sunggyu's face and wondered if the older man slept at all.  Before he could ask, Sunggyu turned to look at him.

"Don't go to work today," said Sunggyu.

Woohyun frowned, thinking that Sunggyu was being over protective.  He sat up to protest.  "If it's about what happened, I'm fine.  I'll be more careful so there's no need-"

"Please," Sunggyu pleaded with such seriousness that Woohyun had to give in.


While Sunggyu took Ren to kindergarten, Woohyun stayed home.  He did not think all the fuss was necessary but he knew that Sunggyu was only worried about him.

Sunggyu returned shortly after to find Woohyun watching tv on the sofa.  He was grateful that Woohyun had agreed to his plea.  He did not want to Woohyun the real reason for his worry.  After the incident last night, he did not want to add more to Woohyun's worries.  He was determined to protect him.

"I grabbed breakfast on the way back," Sunggyu announced as he walked over to sit beside Woohyun on the sofa.  "I also spoke to the owner at the cafe and asked for you to have a few days off."

Woohyun nodded in acknowledgment, feeling slightly disappointed.  He forced a brief smile, not wanting to upset Sunggyu.


For the rest of the day, Woohyun lounged about in front of the tv while Sunggyu was busy in the study.  When lunch time came around, Woohyun thought that they would be going out somewhere for lunch so his mood improved slightly.  However, he was disappointed when Sunggyu said that he would be picking up lunch and told Woohyun to stay home.

After lunch, Sunggyu returned to his study to work on his writing.  Woohyun made his way to the playroom and passed time with the gaming console.  That lasted a few hours before he got bored.  

Passing by the study, he saw the door half open.  He quietly peeked inside the room and saw Sunggyu sitting on the seat with his head on the table.  Woohyun was startled, thinking that something had happened to the older man.  He quickly rushed inside only to realise that Sunggyu was sleeping.  He breathed a sigh of relief.

He did not want to disturb the older man so he quietly made his way out when he noticed the clock on the word.  It was time to pick up Ren but the older man was sleeping.  He walked out of the room and closed the door.


Woohyun rushed to the kindergarten to find the teacher packing up inside with his new assistant.  He glanced around the place but did not see Ren.

Sungjong seemed surprised to see Woohyun.  "Oh, I was told you weren't coming today."

"Where's Ren?" Woohyun asked.