My Daddy's Lover Is A Troublemaker 2 - Chapter 10

My Daddy's Lover Is A Troublemaker 2

Sunggyu awoke with a startled shock to hear his phone ringing.  He glanced around his surroundings and realised that he had fallen asleep at his desk.  He reached for his phone on his desk and looked at the name of the caller.  His eyes widened in surprise.  He immediately pressed the button to answer the call.

"Myungsoo."


Woohyun searched the streets frantically.  He did not know where to look but he was determined not to give up.  He blamed himself. If only he had arrived sooner, then none of this would have happen.  His phone rang again but he was hesitant to answer it.  He did not know what to tell Sunggyu.  He did not want the older man to worry.  He had to find Ren.  


Sunggyu drove as fast as he could through the busy night streets.  He tried to focus on the road ahead while hitting the redial button on his phone for what seemed like the hundredth time.  It worried him that Woohyun was not picking up his calls.  He could not help but wonder if something had happened to him.

"Woohyun, please pick up."


Sunggyu stopped the car in front of a large toy store.  He rushed through the doors and searched each level.  Everywhere he looked, there were children.  Trying to find one child in such a place proved to be more difficult than it seemed. 

"Ren!" he called out while searching desperately for the child.

After searching through the four floors of the toy store to no avail, Sunggyu was almost in despair.  Perhaps his brother had lied to him.  Perhaps he was being punished for choosing a stranger over his own brother.  Despite knowing that Myungsoo had killed his wife, he did not hate him.  He could never hate his own brother.  He could only hope that Ren was alright.

With a heavy heart he stepped onto the top floor.  He glanced around the place.  Amongst the rows of toys were parents with their children.  He was on the verge of breaking down in despair when he caught sight of a child sitting in front of a large tv, seemingly captivated by the animation displayed on screen.

He hoped and prayed as he rushed over to the child.  "Ren!" he called out.

The child jolted when he heard his name and turned around.  His eyes lit up with joy when he saw his father rushing to embrace him.  "Daddy!"

Sunggyu hugged the child tightly.  "Are you alright?"

The child smiled and nodded.  "Look what uncle Myungsoo bought me."  He held out the toy figurines in his hands to show his father.  "Uncle Myungsoo took me to eat burgers and fries and then he bought me ice cream and then he bought me all these toys."

Sunggyu glanced at his surroundings.  "Where is your uncle?"

The child shrugged.  "Uncle Myungsoo said he had something to do so he told me to wait here for you."


It was getting late.  Even hours of running around searching, Woohyun was unable to find the child.  His phone rang again.  It was Sunggyu.  He can only how angry Sunggyu must be to know that Ren was missing.  He contemplated for a moment as he looked at his phone.  He would have to tell him sooner or later.

He pressed the button to answer the call but before he could even speak a word, someone grabbed him from behind and a hand with a handkerchief clamped over his mouth.  He struggled furiously, trying to break free but a smell from the handkerchief had his mind in a haze until his whole body went limp.