My Daddy's Lover Is A Troublemaker 2 - Chapter 14

My Daddy's Lover Is A Troublemaker 2

"What shall we do?" Dongwoo asked.

The voice on the other line sighed.  "For the time being, don't let Sunggyu know.  Who knows what he'll do."

"He's bound to get angry, that's for sure," commented Dongwoo.  "Wouldn't you if something like that happened to me?"

"I would slaughter whoever it is," replied the stern voice.  "And so would he."

Dongwoo was not amused by the reply he heard.  "Don't joke like that," said Dongwoo.  "I don't know if Woohyun can handle it if he finds out what's happened to Sunggyu."

"Then don't let him know," said the voice.

After ending the call, Dongwoo headed back inside.  However, the moment he opened the door, his eyes widened in surprise when he saw Woohyun standing there.  From the expression on Woohyun's face, Dongwoo knew that Woohyun had overheard the conversation.

"What's happened to Sunggyu?"


Ren shoved a spoonful of the food in his mouth while staring at the man sitting on the opposite him at the table.  He did not know who the man was but the man had stayed with him all this time and even bought him food.

"Are you daddy's friend?" the child asked curiously.

Hoya smiled kindly at the child as he contemplated his answer.  "That's right," he replied.  "We used to know each other...a long time ago."

Ren smiled and ate another spoonful before he looked at the man again.  "When's daddy going to wake up?"

"When he's better," Hoya replied.

The child pouted with a solemn look.

"Are you full?" Hoya asked, noticing the sad look on the child's face.  "What do you want for dessert?  Ice cream?  Chocolate sundae?  What about that yummy looking cake over there?"

Ren looked in the direction which Hoya was pointing at.  His eyes lit up when he saw the colourful cake in the glass display case.  He nodded his head with excitement.


He opened the door to the room and stepped inside.  He paused a moment when he saw the figure lying on the bed, still as ever.  Slowly, he walked towards the bed, a solemn look etched on his face with each step he took.  He looked at the unconscious figure, hooked up to a machine.  He reached out a hand to gently caress the pale face.  A pained expression etched upon his face with each gentle caress.  It hurt him to see the older man like this.

"Sunggyu," he spoke with a soft voice. 

The figure remained unresponsive.

His eyes narrowed into a hateful glare.  "It's all his fault.  I'll get rid of the bad omen and then everything's going to be alright."

He leaned down and placed a soft kiss upon the figure's lips.  "It's going to be okay.  I promise."


After Ren had finished his dessert, Hoya held the child's hand as they walked down the corridor.  When they turned the corner, Hoya noticed a figure in a white doctor's coat exiting from the room where they were headed.  He did not think much of it, assuming that it was a doctor checking up on his patient.

The moment they entered the room, Ren ran towards the bed with a hopeful look upon his face.  However, his expression faltered when he saw that his father was still unconscious.  He pouted and held onto his father's hand.

"Daddy," the child said in a small voice.  "Please wake up daddy, I want to go home."

Silence.

The child lowered his head as tears welled up in his eyes.