My Daddy's Lover Is A Troublemaker 2 - Chapter 8

My Daddy's Lover Is A Troublemaker 2

By the time they arrived home, Ren was already asleep.  Woohyun returned to his own room while Sunggyu carried the sleeping child to his room.  After tucking Ren into bed, Sunggyu walked over to Woohyun's room.  Thought Woohyun's door was left ajar, Sunggyu knocked to make his presence known.

Woohyun turned towards the door and saw Sunggyu approaching him.  He could not read the expression on the older man's face but he figured that he was going to be lectured for what had happened.  He wondered if Sunggyu was perhaps angry that he had disturbed him while he was busy with work.  After all, he knew that Sunggyu had a deadline to meet.

"I-" Woohyun began but was abruptly cut off when Sunggyu wrapped his arms around him and pulled him into a tight embrace.

"You had me worried sick," said Sunggyu.

A smile appeared on Woohyun's face when he heard the older man's words.  He was relieved to know that Sunggyu was worried about him.  He wrapped his arms around Sunggyu's back and rested his head against the older man's shoulder.

"I'm sorry for making you worry," Woohyun apologised.

"I'm sorry for not be able to protect you," said Sunggyu.  "What a useless man I am."

Woohyun frowned, not wanting Sunggyu to blame himself for something that was not his fault.

Sunggyu gently touched the side of Woohyun's face.  "Does it hurt?"

Woohyun shook his head.  "Just a scratch."

Sunggyu continued to hold the boy in his arms.

They ended up sleeping in Woohyun's bedroom.


In the late hours of the night, Sunggyu opened his eyes and turned his head to look at the sleeping figure beside him.  He gently Woohyun's sleeping face but he immediately stopped when Woohyun stirred.  He remained still, not wanting to wake Woohyun up.  A moment later, when Woohyun was sleeping soundly again, Sunggyu carefully climbed out of bed and made his way out.


Sunggyu pulled up by the side of the street and got out of the car.  Despite the late hour of the night, the streets were still filled with people enjoying the night life.  He approached the entrance of the club where a bouncer stood guarding the place.  When he tried to enter, the bouncer stopped him.  It was only then Sunggyu realised that he was not dressed for the occasion.

"I need to talk to your boss," said Sunggyu.

The bouncer looked at Sunggyu but refused to budge.

Frustrated, Sunggyu forced his way in but was held back by the bouncer.  Their altercation was interrupted when Hoya appeared at the scene.

"What's going on here?" Hoya asked glancing at the bouncer then at Sunggyu.  "Well, if it isn't Mr Kim.  Have you come to whisk away another of my employees?"

Sunggyu frowned at Hoya's amused look.

Seeing Sunggyu's irritated expression, Hoya told the bouncer to step down.  "You'd better let him go or someone's going to get hurt."


Hoya led Sunggyu to a private room inside the club.  He filled two glasses with wine and offered one to Sunggyu but the man declined.  Hoya shrugged nonchalantly and took a sipped from his glass.  "So, what can I do for you, Mr Kim?"

"One of your clients is stalking Woohyun," said Sunggyu.  "That man named Kang."

Hoya looked at the serious expression on Sunggyu's face.  He could tell that the man was angry.  "I can't control what someone does.  I'm just the owner of a club.  Don't you think that the police would be a better option?  Why don't you try them?"

Sunggyu glared at him but did not respond.

Hoya smiled, knowing very well the reason behind Sunggyu's silence.