My Daddy's Lover Is A Troublemaker 2 - Chapter 3

My Daddy's Lover Is A Troublemaker 2

Ren rubbed his eyes as he walked along the quiet hallway while dragging his soft toy in his hand.  As he approached his father's room, he noticed that the door was left ajar.

"Daddy?" he called out softly as he pushed the door open and stepped inside.

He approached the bed where his father lay and was surprised to find Woohyun wrapped in his father's arms.  Seeing the pair sleeping soundly, he decided that he wanted to join them too.

Sunggyu stirred when he felt movement on the side of the bed.  He opened his eyes to find Ren struggling to climb onto the bed.  He sat up only to notice that Woohyun was still sleeping beside him.  He realised the situation and recalled the events of last night.  He quickly pulled the covers over Woohyun's shoulders and remained seated in bed.  He glanced at the clock on the bedside table then turned back to look at the child still trying to climb on.

"Ren, what are you doing" he asked the child.  "Why are you up so early?"

"I want to sleep here too," the child declared.

"You're going to wake Woohyun," said Sunggyu, attempting to stop the child.  "He played with you yesterday so he's very tired.  We should let him sleep, otherwise he won't have the energy to play with you today."

Ren stopped what he was doing.  He liked playing with Woohyun.

Sunggyu seemed relieved to see the child standing back on the floor.  "Why don't you go wash your face?" Sunggyu suggested.  "I'll help you get dressed and when Woohyun wakes up, we can all go out for breakfast."

A smiled beamed across Ren's face and as he nodded excitedly.

After the child left the room, Sunggyu carefully climbed out of bed, making sure that he did not wake Woohyun.  However, just as he got up, Woohyun awoke.  They looked at each other for a moment before Sunggyu broke the silence.

"Sorry, did I wake you?" Sunggyu asked.  "I was going to let you sleep a little longer."

"It's fine," Woohyun replied.  "I'm awake now."  He glanced under the covers and immediately got out of bed.  "Think I'll go take a shower first."  He walked across the room to the bathroom door where he stopped and glanced back at the older man.  "Or we could take one together."  He smiled before disappearing inside.

Sunggyu was pleased to see that Woohyun's mood had improved.  He noticed that the bathroom door was left ajar.  He wondered if Woohyun had intentionally left it open.  He contemplated a moment before stepping inside.


They stopped at a nearby cafe where they decided to have breakfast.  Thought the place was small, it was almost packed with people.  There were people lined up at the counter ordering their morning coffees whilst others had time to sit down and enjoy a meal.  The man behind the counter took the orders and made the coffee while another worker prepared the food and brought it out to the customers waiting at their tables. 

"They look busy," Woohyun commented.

"Then the coffee must be good," said Sunggyu as he joined the end of the queue while Woohyun and Ren took a seat at an empty table in the corner.


Sungjong stood at the front door of the kindergarten as parents dropped off their children.  He eyes soon caught sight of three figures walking towards him.  The child in the middle was smiling as he held onto the hands of the two men on either side of him while they walked him to the door.

"Mr Kim, you're early," Sungjong remarked before casting his eyes on the young man standing beside the older man.

Sunggyu smiled in response.  He had never been early before.  "Have fun," he said to the child.

Ren stepped inside but stopped halfway and turned around.  "Is daddy and Woohyun going to pick me up later?"

"Of course," Sunggyu replied.

The child smiled and waved.  "Bye bye, daddy.  Bye bye, Woohyun."

Sunggyu watched as the child rushed inside to play.  He eyes lit up for a brief moment when he saw a tall figure inside helping the children store their belongings.  He was met with disappointment when the figure turned around to reveal a face he did not recognise.

"You have a new assistant?" Sunggyu asked.

Sungjong nodded.  "I had to hire someone else since Sungyeol seems to have dropped off the face of the earth.  I knew he was unreliable but to not even tell me he was quitting...I don't even know why he asked to work here in the first place."

Sunggyu remained silent.