My Daddy's Lover Is A Troublemaker 2 - Chapter 5

My Daddy's Lover Is A Troublemaker 2

Woohyun was quiet in the car while Sunggyu drove.  Sunggyu had not said a word since they left the shops and Woohyun could not read Sunggyu's expression to know what mood the older man was in.

"Are you okay?" Sunggyu finally asked in a surprisingly calm tone.  "Did he do anything to you?"

Woohyun shook his head and gave a brief smile.  "Nothing I can't handle," he assured as he hid the marks on his arm.  "But you know, we left without buying anything."

It was only then that Sunggyu remembered why they had gone there in the first place.


The front door bell rang.  The woman stood at the door with her arms folded and an unimpressed look upon her face as Sunggyu opened the door.

"Sunggyu, I'm just going to remind you again," she said.  "I'm your editor, not your housekeeper."

Sunggyu simply smiled.

The woman sighed, losing all motivation to lecture the older man.  "Your shopping's in the car."

"I'll go get it," said Woohyun as he walked out to the car to unload grocery shopping.

The woman glanced at Woohyun then back at Sunggyu.  "Is he a keeper then?" she asked in a curious whisper.  "I mean, I don't care what you do as long as you have that sequel written by the due date.  You've had a week off so it's back to work now."


Woohyun walked past the study and noticed the door left ajar.  It was awfully quiet inside the room.  Woohyun figured that Sunggyu must be hard at work.  He did not want to disturb the older man while he was busy but he just wanted to check up on him.

He carefully pushed the door open a little wider, enough for him to peek inside.  There he saw Sunggyu with a concentrated look upon his face and a stack of paper on his desk.  He wanted to help Sunggyu but there was nothing he could do with regards to the older man's work.

He silently made his way downstairs and headed to the kitchen.  The fridge and cupboards were now filled with everything they needed.  Everything, except for what he was looking for.  He could not find the coffee.  

He put on his jacket and headed out the door  He walked along the street until he came to the cafe where they had visited earlier that morning.  Even at this time of the afternoon, he noticed that the place was filled with customers.  Just as he stepped inside, he saw a man putting up a sign on the door.  He recognised the man as the one taking the orders behind the counter.

"Welcome," the man greeted him with a smile.

Woohyun nodded and smiled in response as he glanced at the sign which read 'Help Wanted'.

"Are you looking to hire someone?" Woohyun asked.

The man nodded.  "We've been quite busy and it's just the two of us.  I figured that it's time we got some help."

"What kind of person are you looking for?" Woohyun inquired with interest.

"Just someone who can help clean tables and take orders," replied the man.  "Are you interested?"

Woohyun nodded.  "I'm currently looking for a job."

The man looked at Woohyun.  "Are you a student?  Have you worked anywhere else before?"

"Um..."  Woohyun contemplated his response.  "I used to do customer service."

"That's great!"  said the man as he extended his hand towards Woohyun.  "Welcome aboard.  I'm Kibum."