seven.

spilled ink

 

“Jongdae, do you have the proposal for the contest on Wednesday?” Yoona says as she looks through the folder containing all the proposals that are to be submitted to the English Club supervisor this afternoon.

 

Since Tuesday, they were excused from time to time because they are currently preparing for this year’s English Week. Unfortunately, the Debate Club is assigned to lead the preparation which means that Yoona has to juggle her Journalism Club activities alongside with the planning for the said celebration.

 

“I just finished printing them, Yoona-ssi.” The brown-haired boy says as he hands the paper to Yoona and gives a smile. “You can go rest now. We will be handling the rest.” He knows that she has been working very hard to be active in participating in extra-curricular activities, and as well as maintaining her grades. He wants the latter to atleast rest, but Yoona insists.

 

“No, I have to be responsible for being the team leader this year.” She gives him a brief smile. “Thank you for your concern, Jongdae. Tell the rest that you can go grab your lunch now. We’re going to meet later.” She says as she arranges the files, as Jongdae proceeds to tell the members to take a break.

 

Yoona then makes her way towards the faculty office to hand Mrs. Song the proposals her team made. She thinks she can go there peacefully but unfortunately, a wild Yixing appears in front of her. She rolls her eyes and walks past him, but he walks by her side.

 

“So, I haven’t seen you in awhile. Busy?” Yixing notices the folder she’s holding, which makes him more curious. “What are those? The graduation is still far, why are you submitting certificates already?”

 

Strangely, Yoona doesn’t feel like punching him in the face today. So she continues walking with him and answers, “Nope, these are the proposed activities for this year’s English Week.” She glances at the latter, and when Yixing is about to ask again, she answers ahead of him. “The Debate Club is in charge of this year’s celebration, so…”

 

Yixing nods and he feels odd because it seems like today, the latter is in a good mood. He didn’t want to spoil the atmosphere, so he walks with her until they reach the faculty office.

 

“I’m going in.” Yoona gives a brief smile to him, as she opens the door. But before she closes it, she turns around to say something to Yixing. “I hope you’ll have a great day today, jerk.” The door slams in front of Yixing, who cannot believe what Yoona has just said.

 

She just told him to have a great day. Yixing pinches himself to check if he is dreaming, but he is in reality. He receives weird stares as he stands awkwardly in front of the office, as if he’s waiting for someone. He smiles at everyone who sees him and bows, before proceeding to go back to his classroom.

 

As he is on his way back, he bumps into someone. He didn’t who the latter is since her head’s hung low. “I am so sorry, Miss.” He is about to walk away when the girl decides to lift her head up. Yixing is starstruck, and he runs out of words to say. He bumped into Seohyun, the girl of his dreams!

 

Lately, the chances of getting closer to Seohyun are getting high. Ever since Yoona came into the picture, he has some opportunities wherein the accidental meetings are becoming often.

 

“Lay-ssi?” Yixing snaps back into reality as he hears his name come out of Seohyun’s lips. Once again, he just stares at her without knowing what to utter. “Are you okay? Are you feeling well? It seems like you’ve spaced out a bit.”

 

Clearing his throat, he tugs her lips into a smile. “Ah yes, I’m okay. I was just… thinking of what to buy since I am on my way to the cafeteria.” He is about to march away when he hears a chuckle. He tilts his head to see Seohyun laughing, but he didn’t know what is so funny about.

 

“That’s the way to the classrooms, Lay-ssi. The cafeteria is here.” She points to where she is heading, and she smiles. “Since we’re going to the same place, why won’t we go together?”

 

Together. Just by hearing that word, Yixing feels overwhelmed. His dreams are finally coming true, and his dream girl is finally at his reach. He nods and joins Seohyun, as they make their way towards the cafeteria.

 

For days, they have been the talk of the town. Well, who wouldn’t be surprised? For years, they think it is a hopeless case for Yixing to be noticed by Seohyun. But after they’ve seen the two together walking to the cafeteria casually, rumors start to roam around.

 

“I thought Yixing likes Yoona. They’ve been caught together multiple times, right?” A petite girl who goes by the name Taeyeon says, as she watches Yixing and Seohyun talk two tables away from them.

 

“It’s obvious that he’s just using her because he wanted to get close to Seohyun.” Another girl snickers, as she rolls her eyes. “Men will always be like that. Once they finally get what they want, they dispose of the thing that lent a hand to them and go straight for their goal.” Tiffany bitterly says, as she glares at the supposed to be “couple”.

 

“He used to be your fling, right?” Jessica says, as she takes a bite of her strawberry short cake. Tiffany shoots a fierce look at her, but she just shrugs. “You’re just bitter because he only texted you once.” She teasingly says to her friend, who soon gives up on giving reasons.

 

Meanwhile, Yixing has never felt bliss ever in his life. He didn’t know that he’d feel happier than the day he got a perfect score in Math. He looks across him and smiles, wondering if only Seohyun knew…

 

“You’re giving me the weird stares again, Lay.” And yes. She finally drops the honorifics on his name, as they now consider each other as best friends. “Tell me, you have a crush on me right?” She teasingly raises an eyebrow at Yixing as she chuckles.

 

Her statement catches him off-guard, but he composes himself quickly. “In your dreams, Joohyun.” Alas, he finally knows that her real name is actually Seo Joohyun, and she has given him the permission to call her that because they are now “friends”. “You’re the one who likes me, don’t you?”

 

Seohyun gives him a meaningful look, but he is too dumb to know. She shakes her head as she tugs her lips into a grin. “Nah.”

 


 

A/N’s

Another update! I listened to BTS’ album and gsfghfbdskkjrfb fskjfnmkjfnm. Also, I am planning to make some stories that include Irene as the lead. Yay! I started to like her and ship her with a lot of guys especially Mino and Taehyung. IF YOU EVER KNOW A GOOD IRENE FIC (IRENE X MALE BECAUSE I DON’T READ YURI, SORRY ; ;) PLEASE TELL ME BECAUSE I ONLY HAVE A FEW AND I BADLY NEED NEW ONES TO READ TO INSPIRE ME TO WRITE. Anw, enjoy the update!