seventeen.

spilled ink

“Alright, that’s a wrap everybody!” Jessica says as she hands water bottles to each player. It is now the Friday before the sports festival, and they all decided that it would be the last so they can rest during the weekends. “Hey Yoong. It’s 7pm, wanna eat dinner at my house?” She then asks the latter as Yoona takes a seat beside her.

 

Yoona looks up at her and before she can even answer, a hand taps her on the shoulder. “May I ask her to go with me this time?” Upon realizing who the owner of the voice is, Yoona stiffens. She has made herself busy for the rest of the week to avoid Yixing, but it seems like he always knows where to find her.

 

Yoona widens her eyes, sending a signal to Jessica that she should not allow him to take her wherever he plans to but her friend just grins widely before nodding. “It’s okay, she can always eat at our house anytime.” Before Yoona can even protest, Jessica gets her bag and waves goodbye to the two. “Take care of her, okay?”

 

Yixing just nods and Jessica sends a wink to her friend, causing Yoona to roll her eyes. Yoona stands up to fix her things as Yixing just watches her do so. Now that he’s here, he doesn’t know what to do. After their heated fight, neither of them plans to fix what has been damaged but since he can’t stand it now, he decides to approach her first.

 

“Umm, I’m sorry.” He mutters, causing Yoona to look at him. “I really didn’t know that you were not on the mood to joke around, and I’m really sorry if I pissed you off. I’m also sorry if I got in the way of you and Sica’s dinner tonight, I just wanted to… talk to you.”

 

He then looks at the ground, not wanting to meet the eyes of her. Yoona sees him do so and chuckles lightly as she carries her backpack. “Nah, I’m also at fault. I’m also sorry because I snapped at you. I was just really pissed off at Hyori and you happen to be the first person I met right after the incident.”

 

After hearing her explanation, Yixing heaves a relieved sigh. He expects for the worst, but it seems like Yoona is in a really good mood today and he thanks all the gods for that. “Will you eat dinner with me?” He suddenly says, causing Yoona to be flustered. She then looks around and sees if Seohyun is at the line of sight.

 

“Why don’t you invite Seohyun instead?” She says since she doesn’t want her friend to misunderstand the relationship with her and Yixing. “I believe the archery team just finished their practice…” Yoona looks away, not wanting to see his reaction.

 

But Yixing insisted. “I want to make it up to you with this dinner, so may I?” Yoona looks at him and it is silent for a few minutes, before she decides to just agree. Yixing smiles widely and checks his phone. “I believe the first band has just started their first song and I wouldn’t want to miss the others so let’s go!”

 

Yoona smiles as well, as she sees Yixing’s smile comforting. They then head towards the gate as they chatter, discussing what their teams have in store for the sports festival.

 

“Oh, isn’t that Yixing and Yoona?” Soojung points towards the two figures who seems to be enjoying their quality time as they walk out of the school. “Seohyun, did they tell you where they are going?” Being the chatterbox as she is, she wants to know what is going on between the relationships of the three.

 

Seohyun spots the male and female Soojung is referring too, and smiles lightly. “Ah, no. I heard that they got into a fight recently, and I think Yixing is just trying to console her.” She actually knows what happened because Yixing told her so, and that he also said that he’d try to apologize to her. She just didn’t know why Yixing has to go to the extent of inviting her to dinner for just one apology.

 

To say that she isn’t jealous will be a lie. Yoona is her friend, but she is somewhat envious of her in many ways. First of all, she is not only smart but also responsible and all the students idolize her. Second, she is genuinely kind that it is so hard to hate her and third, she’s not that hard to like due to the fact of her being an outgoing person.

 

She doesn’t really want to see her as a potential threat towards her budding romance with Yixing but as days pass by, she’s starting to get scared of losing him because of her friend.

 

“Is Yoona backstabbing you? This is great, I didn’t know that she’s—“

 

“Stop, Soojung. Don’t try to spread rumors about her because she’s my friend.” She smiles towards the latter. “If Yixing ever has his change of heart, I’m fine with that. As long as he’s happy, I’m happy.”

 

Seohyun doesn’t really like lying but she just did: to herself.

 

“Hey, why are you two still here?” Kris then pops out of nowhere, nearly shocking the two girls. “And Seo, why aren’t you with Victoria and Irene?”

 

“They left early because they had separate family dinners.” Kris nods, and sees the weird stare of Soojung at him. “Soojung, what are you doing?”

 

Soojung squints her eyes at the Chinese-Canadian man in front of her. “You like Yoona, right? We just saw her go out of the gate with Yixing.” She states, and Kris widens his eyes. He then looks at Seohyun, but she looks away.

 

“Why did you let them?”

 

“I didn’t even know that he was planning to invite Yoona to eat with him.” Seohyun shrugs, and walks out of the scene. Kris follows her, and messes with his hair frustratingly.

 

“We should definitely join them.” Kris says but before he can text Yoona, Seohyun stops him. “What? I should text Yoona about their location—“

 

“Let them be, Kris.” She says, before grabbing him by his arm towards the opposite side of where Yoona and Yixing went. Seohyun doesn’t even know why she’s doing this, but she’s certain that she doesn’t want to start any fight with her dearest friend once again.

 

“This pizza parlor actually serves good potato wedges!” Yoona exclaims as she busies herself with eating the wedges. “And the triple cheese pizza is good too! I should bring the gang here soon.” She says, causing Yixing to smile.

 

“I didn’t know that you actually like potatoes.” He takes a bite of his pizza and moves his head to the beat the band is currently playing. “Ah, I love A Rocket to the Moon!”

 

Yoona widens her eyes, and points at Yixing. “You like them too!?” Realizing that she might have been so loud, she suddenly covers before starting to sing the lyrics of the current song. “Baby, baby blue eyes stay with me by my side~”

 

“’Till the morning through the night~” Yixing pretends to strum his air guitar, causing Yoona to giggle. They continue to sing their hearts out, until they find Yixing’s friends take a seat with them. “Why are you here!?”

 

“Aren’t we allowed to be here?” Joongki exclaims, and then looks at Yoona who is beside him. “Hello Yoong!”

 

“Oh, Joongki. You’re going to the family dinner tomorrow?” Yoona asks, and all the heads turn to them.

 

“Ah, yes. You’re also my potential marriage partner right?” He winks at Yoona, causing the latter to giggle. He then wraps his arm around her shoulders, and grins goofily at the guys. “Seems like she’s going to be out of the market soon.”

 

Yixing looks at him in disbelief, and so are the other guys. “So it’s not only Kyungsoo who knows Yoona and her family. You too, traitor Song.” Sehun stares at Joongki, who just shrugs while chuckling heartily.

 

“We recently had a partnership with his father’s hospital, and yeah, he’s a probable candidate to be my husband besides Kyungsoo and Kris.” She rides through Joongki’s joke, but it is also possible that what they are currently saying now might happen in the future.

 

The other boys seem to be flustered and start throwing questions at them. Yoona just ignores them and continues to eat her meal, and when they decide to just drop the subject, they all start to chat happily. To conclude Yoona’s night, she definitely had fun with her newlyfound friends.