eleven.

spilled ink

 

It’s finally October and much to the students’ disappointment, the midterm week came. It is the first day of their exams today and they just finished Algebra when Yoona decides to excuse herself to go to the library. Her friends have gotten used to it since they know that Yoona really likes it when she’s focused.

 

“You know what to tell Yixing.” She whispers to Shin Hye, and the latter nods. She looks at Jessica as well, who seems to have gotten the message too. She has told the two of them about the certain incident because she can’t keep it for too long. The elders told her not to worry because as they say, he is an “” for ditching the Im Yoona. Yoona waves her hand to the group and proceeds to go out of the room.

 

Their friendship with Seohyun has been back to normal again after their confrontation days ago. Her relationship with Yixing isn’t that good yet, though. She is so over the poetry lessons thingy and she thinks maybe Yixing really isn’t that interested. Also, she has gotten the hint that Seohyun might like him so if possible, she has to keep distance from him.

 

She takes a seat to the chair farthest away from the door so Yixing will not be able to see her if he decides to go to the library (which she doubts he will do).

 

As she is studying her notes for English, she hears the chair in front of her being pulled and she is nervous that maybe Yixing has seen her. She jerks her head up and sighs in relief that it is Kris who has arrived.

 

“Looking tensed, huh?” He says. “Afraid that Mr. Annoying will find you?” He teases her, earning a light chuckle from the latter. “It’s okay, you’ve taken a secret lagoon where this dragon will protect you from the bear.” He points to himself as he confidently crosses his arms across is chest.

 

Yoona rolls her eyes and goes back to reading her notes. “You know if you weren’t that good in English, I might have kicked you out right at this moment.” She glances to him, and sees Kris showing her his infamous gummy smile.

 

“Shoot your questions, pretty.”

 

Yixing just finished studying his notes for English. He looks at his watch and finds out that he has plenty of time to spare before the next exam takes place. He thinks of meeting with Yoona since he wasn’t able to apologize to her days ago.

 

Standing up from his chair, he looks at his friends and thinks of an excuse to give them. “I’m just going to settle some things with…” He is about to say Seohyun when he sees the curious looks of the boys and he knows he can’t lie to them right now. “Yoona.”

 

“Dude, seriously?” Kyungsoo throws him a knowing look at him as he raises his hands in surrender. “You’ve been way too engrossed in involving yourself with those girls that you rarely have time for our hangouts.”

 

Sensing the disappointment in his voice, Yixing takes a seat again and sighs. “Look, I’m sorry okay? It’s just that I am more than flabbergasted that I have been getting along well with my crush, Seohyun, and… Yoona’s a good acquaintance.” He smiles sadly. “I’m just going to settle something with Yoona because it seems like I have done something that might have upset her.”

 

Sehun rolls his eyes and looks sternly at the latter. “Man, if the whole men population knew about what you did, you’d be dead.” He smirks. “Besides, I would have chosen Yoona –ssi over Seohyun-ssi.”

 

“Shut up.” Yixing get on his feet again and smiles at his friends. “I’ll get going. I’ll be back!” He says as he runs outside of the room, avoiding further questions from the boys. Once he’s on the hallway, he fixes himself as he walks towards the place.

 

He looks at the classroom and sees Yoona’s friends sitting in their usual circle formation, but he notices the absence of the latter. He wishes that someone will look up from her group and luckily, the girl with the resting ‘-face’ looks at him and raises her eyebrow.

 

“Umm, is Yoona-ssi here?” Never forgetting to use the honorifics to avoid suspicion, he nervously stands there in the doorway as most of her friends are looking at him now. “I… need to have some word with her.”

 

Remembering what Yoona has said, Jessica smiles lightly at the latter. “I’m sorry but she’s in the journalism room. You know, doing journ stuff and all.” She shrugs, hoping that Yixing will actually buy the lie.

 

“But unnie said she’s –“ Shin Hye stops Irene from speaking further as she lightly hits her knee, causing the latter to groan.

 

“Would you like to leave some message?” She knows that she sounds like a retarded voice message right now but who cares. All she knows is that Yoona might have been a little troubled because of the ditching incident.

 

Yixing shakes his head, wanting to deliver the message to her personally. “I’ll just talk to her when I see her.” He smiles and bows, before turning to Seohyun who seems to be waiting for him to greet her. “And oh, hey Seo.” He waves his hand before walking back to his classroom, ignoring the cheers he hears from the room he has just visited.

 

Yixing is a little too disappointed, but he thinks that maybe he should try again on the second day.

 

*

 

Trying on the second day didn’t give him any luck either. He goes to the room again and asks for Yoona, but this time, her other best friend answered. He says he’ll be back again, so for the third day he makes another attempt but much to his disappointment, she’s still not there.

 

He sighs deeply the same as he walks with Jimin as they make their way to the library. Jimin notices the mood of the latter, and looks at him worriedly. “Are you okay, Yixing?” He asks.

 

“Yeah.” Jimin is about to say something but Yixing stops in front of a room and he immediately smiles. “Wait a sec.”

 

Shocked by the sudden change of behavior of his friend, Jimin shrugs as Yixing enters the Journalism Club room. Yixing greets the now red-head Ahyoung and grins.

 

“Is Yoona here?” He asks and Ahyoung shakes her head. His foreheads crease, as for the past few days her friends have been telling him that she’s there. Could she have been avoiding him?

 

“Nope, she doesn’t go here when it’s exam week. She’s usually in the library alone or with her friends.” She smiles widely as Yixing nods.

 

“Oh, thank you.” He bows slightly and exits the room. Jimin sees the confusion written on his face but before he can ask, he’s walking rapidly towards the library. Never did he expect his friend to be this excited to go to the library.

 

Once they arrive and sign on the attendance section, Yixing immediately roams around as Jimin follows behind. He then sees Yoona focusing on her notes as she scribble something on her notebook and much to his disappointment, he sees the tall Canadian dude he has been hating since day one.

 

He walks towards the two of and Yoona is more than astounded to see him. “What are you—“

 

“Mind teaching me something about the treaty of Paris, Yoona?” He says as he takes a seat beside Yoona much to the annoyance of the blond-haired guy, and Jimin sits awkwardly beside Kris.

 

Never did Yoona expect her school life to be this complicated.

 


 

A/N

MERRY CHRISTMAS GUYS! TRIPLE UPDATE WOOT WOOT. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!