twenty six.

spilled ink

It is a calm Thursday afternoon and Yoona decides to spend her lunch break in the library. She takes her newly-bought novel and opens the book, as she smiles in contentment. This is the break that she deserves after all the stress in her life.

 

As she continues with the story, she can somehow relate to the heroine. The female lead’s life is perfect until two boys started to confuse her. She takes a moment to think of what she really feels at the moment.

 

Kris, one of the few boys she’s close to, just confessed to her and she gently turned him down. She doesn’t know why she did that because to be honest, he’s the almost-perfect ideal man of every girl. He treats her just right, but Yoona doesn’t see him as more than a friend.

 

Then there’s Yixing. The same Yixing that she hasn’t noticed for the past years but his presence to her now is different. They started with a deal that she’d get him to close to her friend, Seohyun, but she ended up getting somewhat friendly to him.

 

She pauses reading and wonders what happened to the both of them now. Did Yixing finally confess to Seohyun?

 

“You look like you’re thinking too deeply, Ms. Im.” She is brought back to the reality upon hearing a familiar voice, and it turns out to be one of the persons she is thinking of right now. She blinks before turning her attention back to the book, although the words do not enter her mind.

 

“Have you… have you been there for awhile?” Yoona asks nervously, and she doesn’t know why she suddenly feels so nervous. It is just Yixing, she says to herself. Yeah right, it’s only Yixing.

 

“Five minutes, I think? And to think that you didn’t yell at me the moment I sat right in front of you is somewhat amusing.” She looks at him and he grins widely, making Yoona roll her eyes. “Now, that’s the Yoona that I know. A penny for your thoughts?”

 

Yoona sighs and shakes her head. “Nah, I was just stressed out. You know, we’re going to graduate soon and I’m anxious about my university exam results.” She lies, not wanting Yixing to know that she’s thinking of him in broad daylight.

 

“Oh, I see.” He says and there is a pregnant silence for a moment, before he decides to break the ice. “Umm, I saw you and Kris at the garden last Valentine’s Day.” Yixing curiously asks that made Yoona stopped whatever she is reading.

 

“Umm, I kinda rejected him.” She shyly mutters as she steals a glance at Yixing. “Well, we’re still good friends anyway.”

 

Yixing feels like a big burden has been lifted up his heart, and he sighs in relief. “Why did you reject him? That dude is obviously deeply in love with you.” He jokes around, making Yoona smile a bit at his statement.

 

“I guess some boys and girls can only be friends and nothing more than that.” She shrugs and closes her book, as she looks teasingly at Yixing. “Well, did you finally cross the’ friends’ stage with Seohyun?” She ignores the slight twinge in her heart and tries to retain her smile.

 

Yixing shakes his head as he crosses his arms across his chest. “I kinda rejected her last time but we’re still good friends.” He tries to mimic Yoona’s voice, and the latter rolls her eyes.

 

“No way!” She exclaims, amusement clearly shown on her face. “Is it the other way around? You aren’t good at lying!”

 

Yixing chuckles. “I really did. I guess… it was just infatuation.” He says quietly. “Well, anyway. I guess we both have to move on. Things happened and… yeah. It sometimes just don’t go the way we want them to be.”

 

*

 

“I’m screwed.” Yixing says, as he stops playing with the guys. “I’m really, really screwed!” He messes with his hair as his friends look weirdly at him. “I’m starting to like someone again! I sound like a really bad guy ugh!”

 

“You just broke Seohyun’s heart, didn’t you?” Kyungsoo says, as he smiles lightly at Yixing. “I guess Yixing the heart break is back on track!”

 

His friends applaud at what Kyungsoo has said, making Yixing just roll his eyes. “I’m in a dilemma right now, guys. Don’t be too happy, I need help!” He says. “What should I do!?”

 

Sehun, who is beside Yixing, pats the latter’s back. “You should try to figure out if it’s not another infatuation, airhead.” Shouts echo across the room as they laugh at their friend’s situation.

 

“I didn’t know that Sehun can be quite sensible at times!” Joongki says, making Sehun glare at him.

 

“Anyway, just do what I said and you’ll be fine.” Sehun says. “You should think first before you act, really.”

 

“Guys, the student council just posted something about the school ball. It’s happening soon!” Jimin excitedly says, as he shows his phone to his curious friends. “Who are you planning to bring? It’s such a shame that it’s exclusively for seniors so I guess we can’t invite those pretty sophomores.”

 

They all hit Jimin’s head and the latter complains. “I think we can go alone, right?” Sehun says and all of them nod their heads. “I need no date because my handsome existence is enough to have the ladies swooning over me.”

 

They all roll their eyes at Sehun’s statement, and proceeds to talk about the ball. Yixing did not bother to join them, because he already has someone in his mind.