three.

spilled ink

 

Yixing knocks first before entering the room where the interview is about to take place. He greets the members of the Journalism club that are in the receiving area, and proceeds to the private space where his interviewer is said to be waiting.

 

“Hello, I’m Zhang Yixing. Please take care of… me.” His voice falters as he sees a familiar doe-eyed girl sitting in the couch. Yoona then glances up from her paper, and looks at him. “Seohyun’s friend!”

 

Yoona cannot believe that he just called her ‘Seohyun’s friend’ instead of her real name. Despite of this, she has to carry on with this interview because it’s an essential part in writing the article she is tasked to do so. “Please have a seat.” She gestures him to sit on the couch across her. “Yes, I am Seohyun’s friend, but my real name is Im Yoona.”

 

Yixing wants the earth to swallow him down. He knows her name because Joongki told him, but he is so caught up with the situation that ‘Seohyun’s friend’ is the first thing to come inside his mind. “I’m really sorry, I just got nervous.”

 

“So the great Zhang Yixing gets nervous too?” Yoona gasps playfully, as she pretends to list it down on her notebook.

 

Yixing is rather surprised at her statement, and raises an eyebrow. “I am a human too. Why am I the ‘great Zhang Yixing’ by the way?” He looks at her expression, but the playful aura around her seems to have disappeared. He gulps, not knowing this side of the latter.

 

“Almost all the females in this school praise you.” She rolls her eyes, as she looks at the questions she got from some of the girls that are interested enough to put their questions inside the suggestion box. “I’m actually cringing at the questions that they gave me.” She makes a disgusted face that makes Yixing crack a smile. “Anyway, let’s proceed with the interview. Please tell me some things about yourself.”

 

Yixing clears his throat, and glances at Yoona who’s preparing to jot down notes. “I am Zhang Yixing, turning 18 in October 7, captain of the basketball team, and a member of the Science Club.” He finishes his statement with a slight bow, before grinning at the latter.

“You’re a member of the Science Club?” Yoona is rather surprised at his statement because all this time, she thought he’s an airhead. “Are you going to take a medicine-related course in the future?”

 

Yixing nods. “Yes, I am. My family is in the field of medicine, so I guess that’s another factor why I am interested in taking up such a degree.” His interest in Science is somewhat surprising to Yoona, and she finally finds him out of the ordinary.

 

“I am really shocked to hear that from you.” She chuckles, before proceeding to the next question. “So, don’t you have any degree program other than taking up Med?” Yixing then spaces out for a bit, because Medicine has always been his first choice.

 

“Actually, I have none.” Yoona takes down notes. “It sounds really amusing coming from me, right?” He chuckles. “I am actually planning to continue playing basketball while pursuing my dream course.” She nods, and proceeds to get her recorder because taking notes is kind of hard now that she’s interested at him.

 

“We actually have a thing in common.” She grins. “I am going to take up Med too, in Seoul University.” Yixing gasps, knowing how prestigious that school is. “I actually got some offer from foreign universities, but I’m still considering them.”

 

“It is not surprise that you’re going to be taking up such a degree program.” Yixing nods. “I mean, you’re smart and such.”

 

Yoona feel conscious of herself after hearing a compliment from him. “Thank you very much.” She smiles, and looks at the questions she randomly picked from the others. “Now let’s get back to you. Here I have a question from Park Sunyoung.” She tries her best not to laugh after seeing her classmate’s name. “Yixing-ssi, are you interested in other girls than Seohyun?”

 

This time around, Yoona could not help but giggle at the mention of her friend’s name. “D-did you handpick those questions or what?” Yixing asks nervously, and wonders why Yoona finds this thing amusing.

 

Yoona waits for awhile to calm herself down after such a hilarious question. “I’m sorry, but I found all of them ridiculous that I just randomly picked from the suggestion box.” She says, making Yixing a bit of annoyed.

 

“Excuse me, but is this interview only a joke for you?” He asks making Yoona’s mood drop.

 

“To be honest, I do not want to conduct an interview. I didn’t also request for this topic. I’d rather write an article about the country’s economy rather than this silly life of yours.” She grits her teeth, before finding tranquility through breathing deeply. “If you want, we can stop this.”

 

Yixing sees the annoyance in the latter’s eyes, and he kind of feels sorry for what he has said awhile ago. “Let’s continue this.” He sighs before answering. “I’ve… never been interested in other girls other than Seo Joohyun.”

 

Yoona sees the sincerity in Yixing’s eyes after the mention of Seohyun’s name, and that alone makes her smile a little. “You like her that much, eh?” She teases him, making the latter blush. “Okay, okay. Next question is from Lee Jieun. What can you say about the relationship of teachers Choi Sooyoung and Shim Changmin?”

 

After Yoona reads the letter, she looks at Yixing and they both laugh at the silliness of the question. “I thought Lee Jieun is cute but after she sent this letter, I’m considering of setting up a date of her and my friend, Kyungsoo.”