twelve.

spilled ink

It is a fine Saturday morning –

 

“Goddamn it, Jess. Your foot is on my freaking face!”

 

Well, it was.

 

Yoona slaps Jessica’s foot that is placed on her chin, and hastily gets up from her bed. She rolls her eyes upon the sight of the still-sleeping princess, wondering why the latter never wakes up in one call. Making her way to the bathroom, Yoona rubs her eyes and yawns.

 

“Yoona dear, the breakfast is ready for you and Sica!” She hears her mother shout from the outside and nods even though Mrs. Im cannot see it. She dries her face with a towel before going out of the toilet. An evil plan crosses her mind and she tiptoes her way to her room.

 

Picking up her cellphone, she takes a seat beside the sleeping Jessica and pretends to be talking to someone in the phone, loudly.

 

“Oh yes, Minho oppa?” Trying to wake Jessica up through shaking her, Yoona grins widely and made her voice louder. “You’re going to be Harry Potter for the Halloween Party Minho oppa? Oh, my friend is interested to be Ginny!” Jessica opens her eyes groggily upon hearing her favorite characters from the book.

 

“Who the are you calling early this morning, Im Yoona?” Jessica mutters in an annoyed manner, as she hugs her pillow tighter. Yoona just grins and throws herself on the bed beside Jessica.
“Don’t tell me it’s Lee freaking Minho.”

 

Yoona shrugs and immediately hides her phone from the girl beside her. “Well, he called awhile ago and asked me what I will be wearing for the party.” She then smiles teasingly to Jessica, who immediately rises up from her sleeping position.

 

“I hate you so much!” Jessica runs towards the bathroom, as Yoona laughs hysterically. After her blissful moment of making fun of Jessica, she shouts a ‘breakfast’s ready’ which she knows Jessica will have heard since her ears are sharp when they hear the word food.

 

Yoona walks down the stairs and skips happily towards the kitchen, where her mother is currently placing the plates on the table. “Good morning, Mom!” She greets Mrs. Im with a kiss on the cheek, before settling herself on the chair. “Dad’s going to be back just in time for the party, right?”

 

“Yes, sweetie. He’s just finishing the works to be done in our Shanghai branch.” Yoona nods, and leaves her food untouched because she’s still waiting for her lazy friend who takes forever in washing her face.

 

After a few more chats with her mother, she then hears footsteps which she assumes come from her best friend. “Good morning, Mom!” Yoona rolls her eyes playfully. The two of them have been together ever since they were a child, and they have the tightest of bonds that they even consider one’s parents as their on.

 

“By the way, Mom. We’re going to the mall later because we’ll be looking for costumes.” Yoona says, earning a nod from her mother.

 

On the other hand, the boys are currently having their breakfast dilemma because it seems like Joongki’s housekeeper decided to have a day-off today, and his parents are way too busy with their family business.

 

“Goddamnit, Joongki. The reason why we chose this place as our sleepover area is because Mrs. Kim makes the best dishes!” Yixing exclaims as he holds unto his growling stomach. “I’m going to die from hunger without Seohyun knowing my love for her!”

 

Kyungsoo finds a lone pillow beside him and throws it to his dramatic, love-sick friend. Yixing cries some more, making the others groan in frustration. “I swear, I’m so close to chopping Yixing pieces by pieces so we can have some breakfast for today.”

 

Sehun shudders from Kyungsoo’s remarks, and decides to stay away from the little monster. “Oh, I think I’d die of hunger because Yixing’s meat isn’t just my style.” He says, and a lot of “I second the motion” can be heard all over the room.

 

“Let’s just ask Jimin to drive for us to the mall so we won’t die of hunger here.” Joongki suggests, and the others can only nod because they are in desperate need of food.

 

“I’ll be entrusting my life to you, Mr. Reckless Driver. You are the only sane one here today because you freaking ate the snacks left in Joongki’s room!” Sehun cries out as he joins the others in standing up as they proceed towards the garage of Joongki’s home.

 

2pm. Im’s house

 

“Oh, we’ll be there in fifteen minutes.” Yoona ends the call right away, and proceeds to retouch her light makeup before they go out to meet their other friends. “Sica, hurry up. They’re waiting!” She hears a loud ‘wait up’ in the bathroom, as she rolls her eyes. It’ll take approximately 160 seconds before her friends finishes up.

 

As she is waiting for Jessica, she opens her lockscreen and checks her SNS. She shares some posts, while she cringes at the other. A particular picture shows up on her feed, and she can only chuckle at the men’s faces.

 

Do Kyungsoo

[ picture ]

These guys are unbelievable

 

Hwang Miyoung, and 400 others reacted on this post

Like  Comment  Share

 

Yixing had his mouth open wide, Joongki and Sehun were glaring with each other while fighting for the last piece of chicken, Jimin is on his own little world as he eats the contents of the whole pizza box, and Kyungsoo had his face in front of the camera while he was trying his best not to laugh. Yoona finds the bunch of idiots funny not only because they don’t try hard to look good (she admits that all of them are drop-dead gorgeous, especially Joongki), but also they are naturally funny.

 

“What are you grinning at, idiot?” Jessica peeks at her phone, and smacks her head. “Aigoo, who do you like among those guys huh? You’re keeping a secret from me now.” She eyes Yoona who has her eyes glaring at the latter.

 

“Must admit that Joongki’s pretty handsome, minus that boisterous voice of his.” She remarks, making Jessica chuckle and they soon share a high five. They then get up and bids farewell to Yoona’s mother as they walk towards the station.

 

It was a quick 10-minute ride from the bus station to the mall, and Yoona sees her friends who are currently waiting for them on the fountain located inside the mall.

 

“You’re 3 minutes late!” Joonmyun exclaims as he points at his watch. “As expected from the two of you.” He shoots an eyeing look to the duo who are suppressing their laughter. “Alright, we’ll be accompanying you girls in buying your costumes!”

 

“It’s a miracle that you decided to come with us today, guys.” Irene says, as she turns to look at the boy beside her. “Especially this lazy who always complains whenever we decide to have an unplanned hangout!”

 

Baekhyun nudges her, and she hits Victoria who glares at Baekhyun. “She provoked me!”

 

“Baek is actually the one – hakjdksknfrr!” Before Joonmyun could even finish his statement, Baekhyun goes to his side to cover his mouth to prevent the latter from exposing his most beloved secret that no other humans should ever know.

 

“Love is in the air!” Yoona says, as she clings towards Seohyun’s arm. “I can feel myself being suffocated.” She adds, earning a chuckle from everyone.

 

“Why are you bitter, Yoong? You have Mr. Wu with you right?” Victoria says teasingly, as she hides herself behind Shin Hye before Yoona can even attack her.

 

“Unnie, we’re just friends!” She says, as she laughs lightly at the reactions of her companions. “Oh come on, believe me on this one! I have never, ever had myself caught in this stupid game called love!”

 

“It is not a game!” Victoria says, earning a laughter from everyone.

 

“Just because Mama Vic is in love~” They say in unison, as the mentioned female tries to hide her reddened face. They didn’t notice that they are already at the costume shop because they are too busy having fun with one another.

 

“Ah, what would you guys be for the party?” Irene suddenly asks as they are picking their clothes. Victoria raises the witch costume, earning a chuckle from everyone in the room. “You look too nice to be a witch, unnie!”

 

“The witch should be you, Joohyun!” Baekhyun shouts from the other side of the room, making Irene glare from wherever he is. She continues to look through the racks, and Yoona approaches her.

 

“I think you’d be a good Snow White.” Yoona says, as she hands the Snow White dress and accessories to Irene. The younger grins widely and hugs her making Yoona laugh a bit. “Your skin is perfectly white and I immediately thought of you when I saw it.”

 

“Thank you, unnie! I’ll be helping you in finding your outfit!” Yoona can only giggle at the latter’s actions, as she lets herself be dragged across the room with Irene. “Hmm, unnie’s tall and super pretty and smart, I really think you should be Hermione.”

 

Irene gets the black Hogwarts robe from the rack and the other necessary ornaments for the said character. “Ah, I’ll be taking this. I was thinking of being Belle from Beauty and the Beast but it seems like it only has a size for shorties like Jessica!” She purposely says it loud enough for the mentioned girl to hear, and Jessica soon shoots a glare at her.

 

“I’ll be a witch together with Victoria!” Seohyun exclaims, proudly showing off her costume. “We’ll make the most evil tandem in the party!”

 

Everyone laughs lightly, knowing that Seohyun is far from being evil. “Oh, come on Seo. You can’t even harm a mosquito!” Joonmyun says and Seohyun can only shrug because she wants to try to be on the evil side for once.

 

“Whatever! I wonder what Yixing is going to wear to the party.” She unconsciously says, as she tries to help Shin Hye find her costume. Jessica immediately glanced at Yoona, but she seems to be oblivious of this because she’s making fun of Baekhyun together with Irene.

 

To say that Yoona is oblivious of her secret attraction towards Yixing would be the truth, if Jessica must say. In her own opinion, Yoona might have liked or still like Yixing, but she does not know it because she’s too busy ‘hating’ him. And, she guesses that the distraction Kris provides towards Yoona is making her more ignorant of her feelings towards Yixing.

 

The other problem is, Seohyun obviously fell for the charms of Yixing. She might have not noticed the boy earlier, but it seems like through the continuous efforts of Yixing to get closer to her, she seems to have been quite too close to the latter.

 

And as for Yixing, Jessica does not know. He is very vocal for his attraction to Seohyun and even tries hard for the girl to like him back. But when he is with Yoona, he does not try hard enough to get along with her. Well, not that they are actually in good terms, but it seems like Yixing… might like Yoona. But if it isn’t true and his loyalty to Seohyun is legit, then she feels bad for her bestfriend.

 

She just hopes that this ignored love triangle will not get in the way of their friendship. Afterall, it took them years to form a bond this tight and she would definitely want a stranger to come in between their clique.

 

“Sica! We’re paying now!” She didn’t know that she has been thinking way too much, that she didn’t notice her friends lining up on the counter. She smiles and follows them, as Yoona pats her back. “Are you okay? You were glaring at the pumpkin there like it did something to you.”

 

“Nah, I just pictured your face in there.” Jessica says, earning a smack on the arm from Yoona. She just rolls her eyes, and watches as the latter continues her friendly conversation with Seohyun. They will not fight because of a boy, right?

 

As they finish paying for their costumes, they make their way towards the ice cream shop because the boys agreed to bring the shopping bags if they are treated with a snack. All of them are craving for the cold, sweet delicacy so they all decide to buy that.

 

Yoona and Baekhyun are assigned to buy the ice cream, as the rest decided to have a chat for awhile. As they are waiting for their orders, Yoona felt someone poke her back, and it turns out that it is Kyungsoo. She smiles widely to him and his companions, but when her gaze falls on Yixing, she immediately looks back to Kyungsoo.

 

“Oh, Kyung!” She beams. “It seems like you and your friends decided to have a weekend hangout.” She says, earning a chuckle from the boys.

 

“Nah, these annoying people decided to eat breakfast her since there’s practically no food in Joongki’s house.” Kyungsoo says, as he says Joongki who has an apologetic look on his face. “Anyway, who are you with?”

 

“The usual.” Yoona grins and when she hears the cashier calling her name, she rushes to carry the other tray. “Ah, we’ll be going. We have other kids to feed.” She says, and the guys bids goodbye to her. But before she can reach their table, a hand smoothly grabs her hand and when she turns around she sees Yixing.

 

“Umm, where’s Seohyun?” He asks, and Yoona pointed with her lips at the table where her friends are seated. She wants to ignore Yixing for no particular reason so she walks towards her friends but his hand stops her from going again.

 

“What’s your problem, Yixing?” She sternly says, as she glances towards Seohyun who luckily has her back on them. She doesn’t want the latter to misunderstand her relationship with Yixing for the second time, so she tries her best to avoid him.

 

Yixing musters up his courage to ask the question that has been bothering him for quite awhile. “Why did you lie on being in the journalism room when you are obviously not?” With these questions, Yoona is quite taken aback. She didn’t know that it will be a big deal to Yixing!

 

“I didn’t want to be bothered by you, Yixing. You have a tendency to trouble people without you knowing.” She gently says, not wanting Yixing to be hurt. “Now, if you excuse me. I don’t want Seohyun to see us and misunderstand our relationship again.” Yoona nods her head as a sign that she is going.

 

Yoona sits with her friends and tries her best to not be distracted. But Jessica knows her best friend well, and she nudges her. “I saw what happened back there.” She whispers, not wanting anyone to know. Yoona then shakes her head and says quietly “later”.

 

On the other side, Yixing is stunned by Yoona’s answer. He didn’t know that he is that big of a nuisance to her, when all he wanted is to be friends with her. Somehow, he feels like a big weight to his heart was added after his conversation with the girl.

 

He then sighs. Why the heck am I worrying over that brat when I have Seohyun with me!?


A/N

Hello guys! I'm sorry for the long longgggg hiatus : ( I have been very busy with my academics and had family problems regarding my father's health and wasn't able to update all my stories : ( Uni life is hard, and expectations are really being a burden to me because people expect too much from me especially because of my academic achievements. : ( Anw, this is no time to be sad!!! Summer vacation is finally here!!!!! Would you recommend me some good dramas, my friends? I need to have some romance to continue all of my stories since your author is still suffering from a heartbreak XD anw, enjoy reading!