twenty three.

spilled ink

“Hey Yoong!” Jessica, who is waiting for Yoona at the front gate of their school, greets her friend enthusiastically as she clings into the latter. “How were the remaining days of our Christmas break for you? I heard you came back to Japan before New Year?”

 

Yoona nods lazily, obviously tired. She just got back from Japan the night before and she wasn’t able to sleep well due to some… things. “Yeah, I’m really sorry if I left without telling you. My aunts were very excited to go to Japan and we held our family reunion there after years.” She remembers how she barely had any time to hold her phone because her aunts were busy taking her to shop for clothes that they’d bring to Japan.

 

“Stupid. Where’s my souvenir?” Jessica looks at Yoona who just rolled her eyes. “Don’t tell me you didn’t buy anything for your best friend!” She cries dramatically, while wiping the fake tears on her cheeks. Yoona notices that they catch the attention of the other students so she playfully smacks Jessica’s head.

 

“I have souvenirs for all of you, idiot.” She says, and Jessica’s frown turns upside down. They continue to chat while they are on their way to their classroom, and Yoona’s steps halt when she notices that tall, young man that she has been avoiding for eons. Jessica notices this and she nudges Yoona. “Shut your mouth up, shortie.”

 

Jessica just giggles, making Yoona glare at her. Once they arrive at the classroom, Kris immediately smiles widely before smacking Yoona on the arm. “Hey, Yoong.” He says, and Yoona smiles back at him. He might treat her like the usual, but she knows that something has changed.

 

“Hey, Kris.” She tries to sound normal but she fails to do so as Kris wraps an arm around her shoulders. “W-what are you doing?” Yoona glances up at Kris, who just had his grin wide as they enter the classroom.

 

“You shouldn’t think too much of what I told you, Yoona. Don’t try too hard, let it come naturally.” He assures her as he ruffles her hair before retreating to his seat. What Kris has just said makes Yoona more nervous to move around him even though she does not intend to.

 

The gang, who are watching the two closely, immediately notices that something is up. “It’s quite new that they aren’t bickering this early morning.” Joonmyun says, making everyone nod.

 

“Seriously, what the heck happened between them?” Shin Hye asks and turns her gaze to Jessica. “Do you know any of this?” Noticing that the expression of the latter is quite shaken up, Shin Hye smirks as she leans close to the girl. “Jessica…”

 

Jessica closes her eyes for a brief moment before sighing deeply. “Alright, alright.” She crosses her arms in front of her chest. “Kris confessed to Yoona and she’s quite lost at the moment. Don’t tell anyone yet!”

 

Irene is about to say something but Victoria knows that she might say it out loud so she covers the mouth of the latter with . “Joonmyun, go handle Baekhyun. These two are going to make a commotion.” Joonmyun nods and takes the stunned Baekhyun out of the room before he can even ask any more questions.

 

“I… don’t know what to feel.” Victoria says. “I mean, they look good together and I know that Kris truly likes Yoona but we don’t know about her feelings.” She continues, and her colleagues sigh in agreement.

 

“Let’s just see how it goes.” Jessica mutters as she glances at the two. “We don’t have to in unless we’re needed, okay? Irene, tell Baekhyun to shut his diva mouth out because we don’t need anyone prying on our friends’ love lives.” Irene nods and pats Victoria’s hand that covers . Victoria chuckles and says sorry for covering for quite a while.

 

*

 

“Yoong, take this.” Kris says as he puts the hashbrowns on Yoona’s plate. Yoona smiles briefly at him, before she continues eating.

 

Yoona can feel everyone’s eyes on them at the moment, but she could not care less. She knows that Jessica might have probably told the gang, and the others are just purely curious of what they are.

 

Yixing notices that Yoona is quite on a discomfort so he continuously glances at her, totally forgetting that Seohyun is talking to him. Joongki becomes aware of his behavior so he nudges the latter and points to Seohyun who is continuously talking to him.

 

“And I really had fun at my grandmother’s place! How about you Yixing? Where did you spend the rest of your Christmas vacation?” Her eyes twinkle with excitement, making Yixing guilty for not listening to her stories awhile ago.

 

“Oh, I just stayed home with my parents and spent some quality time with them.” He quickly says, before glancing at Yoona once again. “And yeah, our relatives visited us so I got to know my other cousins.”

 

Seohyun nods, and truth to be told, she is quite disappointed that he told his story quite briefly. She ignores this and continues talking to him, only to receive a few quick nods and small smiles.

 

“What is wrong with you, Yixing?” Joongki asks as they return to their classroom. “Where’s the lover boy who seems to agree at whatever Seohyun says?” He jokes, but Yixing is still dozing off.

 

Yixing just sighs before turning his attention to his friend. “Do you know what is up with Kris and Yoona? They seem quite close.” He quietly says, but his last statement didn’t escape Joongki’s ears. Joongki smiles lightly before punching his arm.

 

“And why do you care? Kris has Yoona, and you have Seohyun!” He declares, but worry still fills Yixing’s eyes. “Tell me, what is up with you Yixing? It’s so not you to make a big deal out of things that do not include Seohyun.” 

 

Joongki is right. Once upon a time, his world only revolves around Seohyun. But eversince Yoona came into his life, his heart is swayed. She is smart, fun to be with, but can really be serious at times. Yixing once thought that she is just so full of herself but when he met her, his perception of her changed.

 

“You can really be indecisive at times, Yixing.” Joongki states. “Before everything is too late, you should be sure of your feelings before you hurt the both of them.”