twenty two.

spilled ink

“I didn’t know that you still have any plans on attending the party.” Jessica says, as she continues to eat her pizza. Yoona chuckles and throws herself on the seat beside Jessica. “We’re going to exchange gifts after we finish this movie.”

 

Yoona nods, and gets a slice of pizza while she never tears her eyes from the screen. Although she seems to be very focused in watching, her mind is still wandering with the conversation she had earlier with Kris. She’s somehow relieved that Kris isn’t here or they will be awkward as heck.

 

“Oh, it’s a miracle that Yoona can watch horror movies!” Baekhyun exclaims and it soon dawns unto her that they’re watching The Conjuring when the loud noise from the movie startles her.

 

“What the hell!” Yoona shrieks once the chair was suspended on the air. “Why are you guys watching horror movies during Christmas Eve again!”

 

Upon hearing her complaints, everyone laughs and focuses on the movie once again. Yoona rolls her eyes and takes out her phone to scroll down her feed. She cannot stand watching horror movies since she gets scared easily.

 

Once the movie is finished, they all made a circle in the living room and takes out their gifts. “It’s our nth time spending Christmas Eve together but it’s the first time that we’re celebrating with Yixing’s group!” Victoria says as she points at the gang who soon begins to clap loudly. “Okay, enough guys. I’ll be starting now.” She takes out a small envelope and grins widely. “To the biggest idiot I’ve ever known.”

 

Victoria stands up and proceeds to go to where Baekhyun is sitting, and slaps the envelope on his head. “Yah!” Baekhyun rolls his eyes as he then opens the envelope, only to smile widely afterwards. “DAMN YOU RICH KID!” He exclaims, making everyone laugh. “I’ve got three $100 gift checks from my favorite store! Thanks Vic!”

 

Everyone gasps in surprise, knowing how Baekhyun loves this certain clothing brand. “Vic is really diligent in giving gifts. I was hoping that she’d get me for the third time!” Jessica says with a pout on her lips.

 

After some few minutes, Baekhyun takes out a box covered with a pink gift wrapper and a silver ribbon. He tries to hide the blush on his face, but this action didn’t escape from Yoona’s meticulous eyes. “I bet it’s Irene!”

 

“Yoong!” Baekhyun, who is flushed with embarrassment, glares at Yoona before giving the gift to Irene. “Here you go, dummy. Merry Christmas!” After his short greeting, he tries to send a glower to everyone who is eyeing them suspiciously. “It’s not my fault that I picked this klutz!”

 

“Right, Baekhyun. Why are you defending yourself huh?” Irene rolls her eyes as she removes the silver ribbon and the cover of the box. “Oh my gosh you stupid idiot I didn’t know that you can pick gifts well!” She says as she takes out a red knitted sweater from the box which contains three more similar pieces with different colors. “Thanks!”

 

Irene smiles widely at Baekhyun, who just stares at her. “These kids, continue your love story later! We want to get our gifts!” Joongki says as everyone coos. “Alright, Irene. Time to give your gift to the person that you picked!”

 

Irene nods, as she gets a small box behind her. “This person almost has everything so I just decided to add something to his collection.” She grins before standing up, and gives Joonmyun the box. “Merry Christmas, loser!”

 

They laugh at how Irene addressed Joonmyun, who flicks her forehead playfully. “You better make sure it’s worth to be sitting on my display cabinet.” He says before opening the box. His eyes widen as he sees the black and golden snapback with a ‘J’ embroidered at the back. “I was with you when you bought this!”

 

Irene chuckles, before sending a wink to Joonmyun. They continue to exchange gifts, and once it is Yixing’s turn, he takes a deep breath. “This is for the girl who hated me and I guess, still hates me.” He says, and everyone laughs knowingly. “Merry Christmas, Yoona!”

 

Yoona smiles lightly at him, before opening the medium-sized box. “Yixing!” She squeals as she sees the plushie that she has been admiring for ages. She told herself that she’d buy the unicorn soon enough after she gets enough money since it costs quite a lot. “Thank you!”

 

The genuine smile of Yoona brings a smile on his face as well. They’ve always had this love-hate relationship and they sometimes do not get along well, but Yixing still pays attention to what Yoona likes. He doesn’t know why but, he just does.

 

After Yoona gives her gift to Jessica who is clinging unto her like a koala because she got her sunglasses from the designer Jessica likes, they are summoned into the kitchen so that they can eat. They hold the Christmas party at Seohyun’s place this year as what they had planned. From hams to pastas and sweets, there is a variety of food on the table.

 

“Did you like my gift?” Yoona is startled by Yixing’s voice, who now sits beside her on the couch.

 

“You really appear at the most random of times.” She chuckles. “Of course I did. I’ve been looking at it for the past few months!” Yoona says, as she takes a bite of her garlic bread.

 

“You can be childish at times, huh? Didn’t know that the great Im Yoona has that side.” Yixing states, making Yoona roll her eyes.

 

“You can’t just base your opinion about me according to how others see me.” She shrugs, and continues to finish her meal. After quite a while, they are joined by Jessica who sits on the other side of Yoona.

 

“My parents say that we should be home soon since they’re almost done preparing the food.” Jessica declares, and Yoona nods. “Oh, hey Yixing. I’m quite surprised to see the both of you sitting peacefully.” She nudges the latter, who just rolls her eyes.

 

Yixing laughs softly. “I am shocked too.” He looks at Yoona, who has her eyebrow raised at him. “Anyway, why aren’t you spending your Christmas Eve with your parents?”

 

“They’re still in Japan, actually.” Yoona says, and Yixing nods.

 

They spend the next hour laughing and chatting with one another as they recall the best memories that they have. It’s almost 10 in the evening when they all decide to go home since their parents are probably waiting for them.

 

“Hello, mom!” Yoona greets Mrs. Jung who immediately hugs her after seeing the girl. “Did you prepare my favorite fruit cake of yours?”

 

Mrs. Jung laughs as she playfully pinches Yoona’s cheeks. “Of course I did! Go wash yourselves up, we’re going to eat soon.” She commands, and the two nods. They make their way towards Jessica’s room, and prepare themselves for the dinner.

 

“You seem quite distracted awhile ago.” Jessica says as she blow dries her hair. She sees Yoona heave a sigh as she lays herself on Jessica’s bed. “What is it?”

 

Yoona knows that she really can’t hide anything from her best friend so she decides to tell her. “Kris asked me to go out with him.” She says quietly, and she hears Jessica drop her blow dryer. “You just dropped your favorite blow dryer!” Yoona laughs at Jessica who now has wide open, still not believing what the other has just said.

 

“Kris what!?” Jessica stands up from her chair and sits beside Yoona. “HE CONFESSED TO YOU? AND WHAT DID YOU ANSWER!? DID YOU SAY YES!?” Yoona covers her ears upon hearing Jessica’s squeals which she believes might alert her mother soon.

 

“I told him that… I have not decided yet.” She shrugs. “Should I… you know. Go out with him?” She says, as she looks at Jessica with confused eyes. “I don’t want to hurt his feelings but I’m not really sure if I see him as more than a friend.”

 

Jessica understands the struggle of her friend. She has encountered it as well countless of times and Yoona is the one advising her during those times. But now that it has happened to Yoona too, she knows that she might be really confused at the moment.

 

“You know when you always tell me to make sure that I have to be certain of what I feel towards the person, right?” Jessica holds Yoona hands and squeezes them tight. “You should do it this time, too. You might be unsure of what you feel right now, but give it time Yoong. Maybe you’ll grow fond of him as well.” She smiles with assurance before looking at her playfully. “Or… maybe you have another guy in your heart?”

 

Yoona slaps Jessica’s arm, making the latter yelp in pain. “I… I do not have one!” She exclaims. “Whatever, let’s go down so we can go eat now!” She tries to change the subject, and soon drags Jessica out of her room.

 

Jessica smiles knowingly and shakes her head. Her bestfriend can really be indecisive at times.

 

A/N

Happy Birthday to the girl who always takes care of Yoona no matter what! You will always be in our hearts! #HappyJessicaDay!