sixteen.

spilled ink

“Another point for this side.” Jessica lazily says as she points to Yoona’s team and flips the number on the scoreboard. Yoona lets out a sigh as she calls out Sandara to give her the ball. Smiling widely, she proceeds to throw the ball to Jessica, who is furious after getting hit. “Yah! You choding!”

 

Yoona puts her hands on both sides of her waist as she chuckles. “Can you atleast pretend that you actually like what you are doing right now?” Jessica just glares at her. “You just sit there while we stand here under the harsh rays of the sun and get sweaty as we work hard for our class to win once again!”

 

“Oh come on, Im. It’s past 5 in the afternoon and the damn sun’s going down already. Just continue playing so we can have the trophy again.” Jessica sticks her tongue out before blowing the whistle to start the game once again. Yoona rolls her eyes as she gets into position and proceeds to just follow what the “referee” says.

 

“You should bend your knees a little, Eunjung.” Yoona instructs as she points to Eunjung’s legs, and the latter follows her order. “And Sooyoung, please don’t block Taeyeon’s view.” She chuckles, earning a glare from the shorter one.

 

Suzy, who is on the other side of the court, serves the ball in a striking manner. Taeyeon, who is the middle blocker, manages to catch the ball and shouts for Minzy who is the right side hitter. Minzy sets the ball up and waits for Yoona to spike the ball. Yoona jumps in the air and does a fake, as Taeyeon strikes instead. The ball landed on the other court, and the other team is astounded.

 

“Alright, another one.” Jessica flips another number, and looks sternly at the other side. “Ah really guys. Beside the fact that you guys are the reserved six, you should atleast try to win against these idiots.” She then points to Yoona’s team. “Change court.”

 

After Jessica’s words of wisdom, it seems like the atmosphere in the court changed. Yuri instructs her co-teammates of what they should do based on the roles that are given to them. Yoona smiles as she looks at her friends, and points to the other side.

 

“It seems like they’re getting pretty serious here. We shouldn’t take them easy now.” She then makes various changes in the position, as the others listen to her. “Taeyeon will stay as the middle blocker since she jumps pretty high. Sooyoung and Sunny will switch their positions once the service is done. The others will be having their positions the same as the last game. Let’s do well!”

 

Minho watches in amusement as he sees class A’s game. He proceeds to go to the basketball court as he takes a seat beside Sehun. “4-A’s volleyball team for girls is definitely on fire.” The other man takes a look at him as he chuckles. “Yoona and Jessica sure know how to lead the team.”

 

“It is so unexpected of Jessica though.” Sehun says. “What kind of support did she give them anyway?”

 

“You know, some harsh words and criticism.” The both of them laugh. “Typical of her.”

 

“What are you guys chuckling about, huh?” Yixing grabs the water bottle beside Sehun and takes a huge gulp before shaking his head. “I saw our class’ girls’ volleyball team. Man, even Class C’s doing well!” He complains as he throws himself on the seat in the middle of the two.

 

“Yoona’s definitely had her goal set on winning. She even instructs the girls’ basketball team even though she’s on the volleyball team.” Sehun then points to Court C and sees Yoona talking to some of her classmates. Yixing cracks a grin, and Sehun nudges him. “What are you smiling about?”

 

“Her legs are… pretty.” He then chuckles, earning a smack from Minho. “What was that for!?”

 

Minho crosses his arms in front of his chest and sighs. “I once told her that and I couldn’t speak straight for one whole week.” He then points to his lips, as Sehun and Yixing widen their eyes. “If it was a kiss, we would have been dating until now.”

 

“Anyway, how did she get here that fast? A minute ago, you told me that she was still practicing.” Sehun says as he curiously looks at where Yoona is standing, and soon sees her throw a ball that went inside the basket swiftly. “Damn, girl got some skills.”

 

“Well, we must come to a conclusion that she secretly is Wonder Woman.” Yixing says, and the other two nod their heads. They then see Yoona exit the gym, and they are summoned by their basketball coach.

 

“You must have seen Class A’s performance awhile ago?” Their coach, Leeteuk, refers to the practice game they had with Class C. It wasn’t an easy win, but they definitely owned the court with 78 – 65. “That damn Chinese-Canadian dude really has superb skills!”

 

The team chuckles upon hearing his remarks, and soon goes back to business once Leeteuk puts his straight face on. “Alright, I know that for the past few years, we aren’t able to win against them. You are all graduating from high school now, and I guess the thirst for winning against them is real.” He says, and everyone nods. “Good. Now all I want to see once you’re in the court is the Class B that aims to be number one this year.”

 

With Leeteuk’s encouraging words, everyone is more than fired up. “Let’s do well!”

 

“Well, well, well. Who do we have here, hmm?” Yoona’s team stops their practice once they hear the voice of none other than Class C’s president, Lee Hyori. “I see, the 6 princesses are ganging up against the peasants. Having fun, eh?”

 

“It was definitely not nice seeing your face Hyori.” Jessica points at the trash bin that is not far from them and looks at Hyori. “Continue being a trash as you are and let us practice so we can win against you once again.”

 

Hyori snickers and asks for her other team members to come closer. “How about we play against your team’s bench girls? Bet they wouldn’t even have a single score.” She smirks, and Yoona just shakes her head.

 

“What do you want now, Hyori?” She lazily says as he steps forward to meet the girl’s gaze. “You don’t have any rights to call them peasants, you famewhore.”

 

Gasps can be heard on the court as Jessica laughs maniacally. Shin Hye shoots her a glare but the latter continues to laugh. “Ah, I didn’t know that my Yoongie can speak bad words.” Jessica says as she gives a mocking gaze to Hyori. “Let them be, Yoona. Hey, Hyori my sweetheart. Let’s just meet each other in the sports festival, hmm? I bet it would be much more fun seeing you whine like a baby after Yoona and Shin Hye kicks your sorry little .”

 

Hyori sends a glare to all of them before marching off. With her mood dropped low, Yoona excuses herself to go to the water fountain and catch some air.

 

“Ah, really. Leeteuk hyung looks like a soft person but once he’s serious, he becomes a beast!” Sehun complains as he lies down on the floor. “My whole body feels sore I think I’m going to die soon.” He then gets up, and holds Yixing’s hand. “Before I die, please tell Yoona that I have liked her from the very moment that I set my eyes on her.”

 

Yixing rolls his eyes, and playfully kicks Sehun’s legs. “I’m going to the drinking fountain.” He says and soon walks out, as he goes to the drinking fountain not far from the gym.

 

Yixing then sees a familiar figure who seems to have drowned herself on the drinking fountain as she soaks her face with the continuous water coming from it. He smiles lightly, and walks towards her before tapping her on the back.

 

Yoona is astounded as she immediately straightens herself up to meet the mystery person who brought her back to reality. Upon realizing that it’s Yixing, she seems to have been more annoyed and glares at him. “If you’re trying to get on my nerves just like what Hyori did, then I must say that it’s not the right time.”

 

She is about to leave but Yixing grabs her arm and makes her turn around so she can face him. “You seem okay awhile ago.”

 

“Not until the showed up.” She says angrily. “Let go of my arm, I need to go.”

 

Yixing tightens his grip on Yoona’s arm as he is slightly annoyed at her actions. “If you’re on a bad mood, don’t take it out on other people.” He then releases her arm from his hand. “I always try to start a conversation with you but you always push me away. Am I really that much of a jerk to you?”

 

"You're probably the jerk-est of all the jerks in the whole wide world." She rolls her eyes, as she eyes the man beside her. She can't concentrate whenever he's beside her, and she can't quite make up why. She has never felt this way before, and this strange feeling is killing her. How can she continue being a journalist as she is whenever he's around? It seems like she loses herself whenever he's near. "A cocky one, and oh, the most annoying boy I have ever met. Why the heck are you here?"

 

He didn't know why he keeps on coming to her. After the article was written and Seohyun finally sees it, their business is supposed to end. But, he just can't get enough of her. He will always bug her (because he finds it cute when she looks blankly at him, as if she's lost or something), and most of the times, it entertains him. And what's weirder is, after Seohyun has finally noticed him, he has grown a particular interest on the journalist aka Im Yoona when he has to make a way to make Seohyun fall in love with him. "At least, I'm handsome. Aaaaaand, I'm here to bug you. Like always."

 

She finds him entertaining, but most of the times, he's annoying. His constant chats will always engage Yoona to join him, and in the end, when she's supposed to write another chapter for her story, she finds herself laughing at his jokes, and arguing at him about a certain issue. Se has never interacted with a boy (she's too awkward for that), and she finds it quite amusing that she has (somewhat) become friends with the latter.

 

"You know, Seohyun, your crush, has finally noticed you. Why don't you just come to her, and maybe, make your move? What if Kris, the transferee, gets her first before you?" She wants to take her words back. Somehow, she has gotten closer to Yixing, the annoying unicorn as she calls him. She has seen a disappointed look on his eyes, but she decides to blink them away. Maybe she's just hallucinating. Why will Yixing be disappointed if she has suggested something that will help him get Seohyun?

 

"Umm, yeah. Oh well. Bye." He didn't want to go. But if feels like he has to. Maybe Yoona's too tired of his presence. Maybe he should stop coming to her. 

 

Maybe, just maybe, he should go back to his own life where Seohyun is the only girl he likes, and there's no Im Yoona whom he starts falling to.