thirty.

spilled ink

“I swear, our Biology professor gives paperworks one after another!” Yoona exclaims as she rests her head on top of the table. “I’ve never had any decent sleep these days, I think I’m going to die soon.” Jessica chuckles upon hearing her rant and gently pats her head.

 

“Atleast he’s unlike ours who gets mad even when you’re already whispering.” She rolls her eyes before putting her chin on top of her palm as her elbow rests on the table. “It’s not nice to have an old lady raging about how loud even our whispers are!”

 

It’s been four months since they entered university and all is going well except for the fact that they are all restless. Taking up Medicine isn’t easy just like what others said, but the four of them are coping up well.

 

“I’m taking up a degree program that focuses on pre-schoolers’ education and the minor subjects are even harder than the major!” Seohyun complains as she drinks her 5th coffee. “I’m glad I’m still alive!”

 

“I learned how to value sleep right after we entered university, seriously.” Yixing says. “Wait Yoong, what are the pointers for our final exam in Chem Lec again?” He asks and Yoona finally lifts her head from the table to get her notebook.

 

Jimin sneakily glances at the interaction of the two as he smiles teasingly. “Seriously, you two. When are you going to be together?” He asks, making Yoona and Yixing awkwardly look at each other before blushing, which made everyone chuckle. “Come on!”

 

“Yoona’s still trying to figure out how this love thing works.” Jessica says, as she elbows Yoona. “Yixing’s been waiting for like forever!” She teases the younger, who just glares at her.

 

“Anyway, the final exams are coming up. Any plans to meet our other friends?” Yoona asks. “I miss Irene and Baekhyun! They just celebrated their monthsary a week ago and they’re still the cutest!” She squeals, and Jessica joins her.

 

“Oh my gosh, we should definitely plan our get-together after our hell week ends!” Jessica says, and the others agree. “Should we meet here or just in the café back in our hometown? We’re all pretty much closer here but I think it’d be more fun if we meet back home.”

 

Yoona nods, as she flips through her notes. “I miss the old café. Maybe we can convince them to meet there because it’ll be memorable!”

 

The others nod and after they talked about their plan, they decide to go back to studying. University life isn’t easy, my friends.

 

*

 

“Victoria-unnie! I missed you!” Yoona shouts as soon as Victoria enters, making the elder laugh. “Oh my gosh, you’ve gotten prettier!” The both of them hug each other as the smiles on their faces never fade, and Victoria soon takes a seat beside Irene.

 

“Our hell week isn’t pretty much over but I came here because I missed you guys!” Victoria says, making the others smile widely. “Anyway, Joongki cannot make it today because they have an evaluation for their drama class.”

 

Jessica nods and takes a sip of her iced latte. “Kris cannot make it today as well because he has gun shooting training today.” She says, and everyone turns their heads towards her direction. “What are you guys looking at?”

 

Yoona smiles cheekily at her as she pinches her cheek. “I have noticed that you and Kris have been keeping in touch lately.” She says, making everyone interested in their conversation. “But I forgot that you already have Jay-sunbaenim.”

 

Gasps can be heard everywhere, and Jessica can do nothing but blush. “Who is that Jay-sunbaenim? Is he a good guy?” Irene asks, as she looks worriedly at her friend. “I mean, it’s only been months and we don’t know him that well yet.”

 

Yoona smiles reassuringly at Irene. “It’s okay, Bae. Jay-sunbaenim’s fine. He is a Music major student and he even made a song for Jess!” She chuckles. “They aren’t together yet, but he’s been following her whenever it’s her free time.”

 

“Too much information, Yoong!” Jessica embarrassingly says, and Yoona just laughs. “Anyway, how are you Baek and Rene?” She eyes the two, who casually holds hands, making everyone cringe. “I can see that you’re still doing fine.” She sarcastically says.

 

“There’s this trainee named Lee Taeyong and he obviously likes my Irene!” Baek whines. “But it’s a good thing that even though Irene’s kind, she always rejects Taeyong whenever he makes a move.” He proudly says, before patting the head of his girlfriend.

 

Irene just rolls her eyes. “I told you, he’s just a friend and there’s no need for me to reject him because I know that he doesn’t like me.”

 

“I’m a guy too, babe. I can see it by the way he looks at you.” He casually says, making Irene just chuckle. “How about Yixing and Yoona? Any progress?” He teases the two who are seating beside each other.

 

Yoona smiles and shrugs, and Yixing did the same too. “No label yet.” Since the two of them aren’t speaking, Sehun decides to speak for them. “I really don’t know but these two are really slow. They obviously like each other but they aren’t together.”

 

He complains, and everyone just chuckles. “Good things take time, Hun.” Yoona says, as she pats the back of the younger who is sitting beside her. “Anyway, I miss Kyungsoo and Joonmyun. It’s also such a shame that Jimin cannot make it today.”

 

They all nod their heads and sigh. After they all took different paths, it became hard for them to meet up because of different schedules. Even Yoona and Yixing who are on the university find it hard to meet because of the difference in their schedules.

 

The seven of them chat happily inside the café where they made a lot of memories together. Distance may separate them now but from time to time, they always make sure to meet each other and tell stories of how their days went.

 

Yoona and Yixing look at each other secretly and smile, as they hide their fingers which are intertwined under the table. Guess who’s been hiding their relationship for a month now?

 

*

 

A/N

OKAY This is actually the last chapter of Spilled Ink HAHAHHAHA im such a klutz. anyway, I decided to just do special chapters here because I don’t have any plots in mind for a book two : ( I hope you guys will enjoy this!! : D