fifteen.

spilled ink

“Alright, who’s going to be on the boys’ track team?” Yoona asks as she stands in front of the class, as their homeroom teacher instructed her to gather participants for the upcoming sports festival. “Heechul? Really?” She says in a joking manner, earning a roll in the eyes of the mentioned boy.

 

“I might be a diva, but I can also be athletic at times!” Heechul crosses his arms as he sticks his tongue out playfully, earning a laugh from the latter. “Oh come on, you choding. Just list me down there!” He impatiently says as he watches Yoona shake her head before listing his name in the paper.

 

“4 more boys!” She then sees Yunho, Jongsuk, Ryeowook, and Leeteuk raise their hands. She smiles as her eyes meet with Jonsuk, earning curious stares from everyone. Shrugging it off, she takes note of those who raised their hands before looking at everyone once again. “That’s good. I already have the waivers here, and those who are going to join the events shall go here and take one copy.”

 

Half of the class stood up as they fall in line on the table in front of Yoona, and she willingly gives them the waivers. “Practices start at 5pm, and I already coordinated with Mrs. Song about the practice venue. We are allowed to use Gym A during Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. Those who are going to be participating in the outdoor games are going to use the half of the field facing the buildings.”

 

“As to not intervene with our studies, I personally asked Mr. Kim if we can take Tuesdays and Thursdays off.” She clears , and grins. “Let’s win again this year, okay?” Yoona hears the loud cheers of her classmates as they agree with her. They have always ranked 1st every sports festival due to the participation of the whole class. “You may now take your break.”

 

She then makes her way to her friends who started clapping once she arrives at their group. “Ah, as expected of our class representative. She does her job well!” Shin Hye says, earning a smack on the arm from Yoona. “Let’s go eat now!”

 

“So, you’re on the volleyball team again this year?” Jessica asks. “I told you that you can rest for this year and join me on the bleachers as we cheer for these idiots!” She points to their friends, and Yoona can do nothing but chuckle.

 

“It’s our last year, Sica. I can never miss this opportunity since I know that once we’re in University, we can never have this much free time.” She states, making Jessica roll her eyes. Yoona places an arm around her shoulders and playfully ruffles Jessica’s hair due to the height difference.

 

The group then proceeds to order on the counter and soon sits on the table that is now considered as theirs. “Ah, cafeteria food only tastes this delicious when you’re very hungry!” Baekhyun exclaims, making everyone laugh.

 


“Ah, Yixing. If you really want to join them, go ahead. Seohyun looks like she’s going to melt soon!” Joongki soon says after glancing from time to time at his friend. Eversince they arrived at their table, it seems like the man can’t take his eyes off his crush… or maybe he’s staring at someone else. He turns to see Yoona laughing very loudly as Kris gives her a gummy smile. “Aigoo.”

 

“Is it fine if I sit with them?” Yixing suddenly says, and everyone tries not to choke on their drinks. Jimin looks like he’s going to laugh anytime soon while Kyungsoo has his eyes wider than the usual. Sehun seems so cool about this as they find him positioning himself beside Yoona.

 

“Is it really you, Yixing?” Kyungsoo says, and Yixing just nods. Knowing that since of them are already seated with Yoona’s group, they decide to just follow Sehun. “Ah, really. Sehun can’t get over his little crush for Yoona.” He rolls his eyes, as he watches his friend secretly move closer to the girl.

 

“May we sit with you?” Joongki brightly says, and everyone nods. Since they all have mutual friends, it isn’t hard to talk with them. “Aye, Joonmyeon buddy. Long time no talk, huh.”

 

Joonmyeon nods, as he acknowledges his teammate. “Yeah, I didn’t find the chess club that entertaining anymore so I’m really sorry for leaving.” He gives a small smile, as Joongki returns it with a wider one.

 

“Nah, it’s not really a big deal. I also quitted days after you because they kept on putting the pressure on me.” He takes a bit of his chicken skewer. “If only they knew that I only joined that club because Sunny was there!”

 

Everyone on the table laughs after he drops his statement. It is not a secret that Joongki has a secretly liking to the junior, even though Sunny seems to have fallen for the charms of Jackson before Joongki can even make a move on her.

 

“So, why are you only eating a vegetable salad?” Yixing curiously asks, as he looks at the plate of Seohyun.

 

Seohyun points at Yoona’s, Sehun’s, Kris’, and Jessica’s plates and frowns. “If you eat hamburgers, you’re going to die early. Too many sweets can cause diabetes, and sodas are just not very healthy.” She then looks at Irene’s, Baekhyun’s, Joonmyeon’s, Victoria’s, and Shin Hye’s and pouts. “Pasta is fine, but I’m not in the mood to eat that. The juices here are also artificial, so it’s not a choice either.”

 

“You’re going to die first because of starvation.” Yoona playfully says as she sticks her tongue out before taking a huge bite of her hamburger. Yixing chuckles at her act, as Seohyun playfully throws a cabbage leaf at her. “You’re wasting the food!” She picks the leaf from the table and asks Sehun to open his mouth. “You need this.”

 

“Yoona, please.” Sehun just rolls his eyes as he snatches the leaf from her hand and throws it at Kris. The latter grins widely as he tosses the cabbage leaf to Yixing, who catches it like a pro and returns it to Seohyun’s plate who looked at him with a disgusted look.

 

“Anyway, what sports are you joining in the festival?” Yixing suddenly asks, earning the attention of the people on their table.

 

“I, Shin Hye, and Joonmyeon will be playing volleyball. Seohyun, Victoria, and Irene will be on the archery team, and Baekhyun…” Yoona tries her best to not laugh. “He’s going to join the bread eating contest!”

 

Everyone on the table laughs as Baekhyun remains to sit with stance. “I, the undefeated bread eating monster for three consecutive years, shall protect my crown from the predators out there.” He says, making everyone giggle their hearts out once again.

 

“I, Joongki, and Sehun will be joining the basketball team.” Yixing says. “And as for the shorties, they’re going to be on the track team.” He then earns a glare from Jimin and Kyungsoo, with some protests like “I am not short!” and “Jimin’s a freaking smurf don’t compare me to him”. “How about you Jessica?”

 

Jessica looks at Yixing and just shrugs. “The usual thing that I do. Just cheering for my friends on the bleachers because I don’t have the patience to be a good sport.” She rolls her eyes, recalling the times during their Physical Education class that she loses her temper. Yoona giggles, and Jessica glares at her.

 

“I remember when Sica-unnie didn’t talk to me for the whole period just because I wasn’t on the same team with her!” Yoona exclaims. “It wasn’t even my fault that we can’t choose to be on what team!” She says, as Jessica pinches her arm.

 

“Oh, Kris will be in the basketball team of our class!” Yoona proudly says. “Y’all should be scared, my giant blondie is going to conquer the court!” She throws a wink to Kris who is in front of her, and the latter just grins widely.

 

Yixing catches this little moment, and clears his throat. “You’re going to watch the game, right?” He briefly looks at Yoona, before turning to Seohyun. “With your friends, of course.” Seohyun looks at her friends before nodding. Yixing gives her a small smile, as he continues to eat his meal.

 

Yoona just shrugs and is quite astounded when Sehun leans towards to whisper.  “I really don’t get Yixing.” He says, before moving away after he gets caught by Yixing. The other man seems to be questioning why on Earth is he so close to Yoona, but he just nods with a smile.

 

Yoona catches the small interaction of the two, and begins to wonder but she chooses to just let it go. Afterall, they still have a long week ahead for the preparations.