one.

spilled ink

"Dude, man up! That big half-Canadian, half-Chinese boy is hitting on Seohyun! He's going to go bigtime if you don't make a move right away." Sehun says, as he looks at the grumpy man beside him. Yixing rolls his eyes, probably expressing that he's getting annoyed by the latter. "Seriously, I sometimes think you are gay." 

 

"Shut up! You don't have to tell me what I'm supposed to do, okay?" He snickers. "And besides, Seohyun isn't a big loss. I still have lots of girls everywhere. Know that senior who has a crush on me? Hwang Miyoung's her name, and I'm thinking if I should court her or not." Yixing proudly says, and as if on cue, his phone vibrates. "See? She's been texting me, non-stop.

 

Sehun can only shake his head at his best friend's attitude. "Yeah, yeah. She's not a big loss." He chuckles. "Really, she's just your first love." Yixing glares at him, and he raised his hands, signalling defeat. "I'm not kidding. You should really go for her. She's probably the only decent girl you've liked." 

 

Yixing pouts, and this time, it's Sehun's time to roll his eyes. "Fine, fine. I'm in love with Seohyun okay." His best friend can really be annoying at times, but Yixing is grateful that he has Sehun by his side during times like these. He might be a jerk, but he can sometimes be a reliable friend. "Then, what should I do? Man, I hate to say this but I've got some guts when it comes to other girls, then when it's Seohyun, I feel like I'm a little puppy." 

 

Sehun laughs loudly, catching the attention of the other students around them. Forgetting that they're currently in the cafeteria, he lightly punches Yixing's arm, causing the latter to shreak quietly. "Woah, I didn't know that the great Yixing has a side like this!" 

 

#

 

"And oh, Yoona. You'll be assigned on the features page for the first issue of our school newspaper." Mr. Kim says, and Yoona nods her head. This month will be another busy one for her (well, every month has been busy for her anyways), and she decides to arrange her time table for the nth time. "You can all go back to your respective classrooms now." 

 

Being the good student as she is, she immediately goes to her classroom, ignoring the protests of her fellow journ-mates to join them on the cafeteria. She is never a fan of cutting classes, though her stomach begs to differ. She's really hungry, and she wants to join her friends, but she does not want to risk her image as the school's model student.

 

Im Yoona: just by hearing the name, everyone on their school will assume that she's the bright girl from 4-A, the all-around journalist, the debate club's president and the president of her class. She is indeed quite popular because of her high position when it comes to academics, and she's really active when it comes to extra-curricular activites. Some guys admire her, and most of the girls are envious of her. True enough, she's not just intelligent: she also has the face and the body. 

 

She sighs when she sees Mrs. Lee, their strict Math teacher. She smiles politely and kindly asks Mrs. Lee if she can come in, and she is relieved that the teacher let her in. She is never a fan of numbers and equations, but for the sake of her grades, she gets her notebook, and starts to take down notes. Even though she finds Math hard, she doesn't want to fail the said subject.

 

It is when the bell rings, Yoona's soul is immediately hyped up. She is one of the first to get up, and fastly walks towards the school's cafeteria. She orders her all-time favorite: chicken meal with buttered corn, and a chocolate drink. Just when she is about to eat, someone places his tray on her table. Turns out to be Lee Jonghyun: the boy who is rumored to have a little crush on Yoona.

 

"Hey, Yoong." She smiles a little, as she looks on his tray: it's just the same as her order. If he isn't constantly teasing her, she'll think that he really has a crush on her. "Trying to put up some fats, eh?" 

 

"Jonghyun, can you not? I've always been eating lots, and you know that." They aren't that close, but they have already been good friends. Jonghyun has been keeping her company eversince, and not to forget that their parents are the best of friends. They see each other out of the campus atleast once a month, since their families usually go out for a monthly dinner date.

 

"I know, I know, little miss perfect." Jonghyun chuckles, as he takes a bite from his chicken. "Anyway, what are you going to do for the first issue? Are you writing for the news page just like last time?" 

 

"Nah, they put me up into the features section. I just kinda wish that they'll put me on the editorial page. You know it has always been my favorite." Yoona is never a fan of writing in a very strict manner, and that may be the reason why she doesn't want to be on the news page ever again. She is glad that she is put on the features, though she may love it if she is on the editorial.

 

Jonghyun shrugs and continues eating. He has always been a fan of Yoona's works. She may not know it but she's definitely one of the best ones out there. Too bad, she won't be taking up a course that is related to journalism. She said that she wants to take a degree program that will let her travel and explore. 

 

"Yoona-ssi. Mr. Kim is looking for you." Yura, their chief photojournalist informs her. She sighs, knowing that he may be giving another topic to her. She quickly finishes her meal, and takes her leave before Jonghyun.

 

She goes to the faculty room, and sees Mr. Kim holding a small notebook that may contain the topics he wants each writer to write for the newspaper. "Oh, Yoona. I actually have a big project for you." He grins, and she knew it's trouble. "We never really feature the students that stand out, and there is a request for one. Well, they want it to be you, but since you're assigned on the features page, it will be kind of awkward for you to write about yourself." He chuckles, as he hands Yoona a folder. "He is Zhang Yixing, and here's his profile. I want you to write about him, and it will be great if you also conduct an interview."

 

Mr. Kim explains further, and Yoona just listens. Once he's done, she bids goodbye and studies the student profile that is given to her. She sighs after reading the content, knowing that this might be the biggest project yet for her.