twenty eight.

spilled ink

“Yoong, here’s a letter for you!” Her mother says as she gives the envelope to Yoona who has a look of confusion on her face. As far as she knows, she has no pen pal nor did she subscribe to any newsletter so she wonders why she has received a mail. “Take a seat and open it in front of us.”

 

Yoona then looks to her right and to her surprise, her father is standing beside her. Too ecstatic to even speak, she immediately hugs him after not seeing her father for 2 weeks because he is on a business trip. “Don’t you remember that your university exam results come out today?”

 

Her eyes widen in shock as she remembers that it is the day when the results will be out right after months of waiting. She takes a seat and takes the envelope from her mother and she takes a breath before taking the sheet of paper inside the packet.

 

“Dear Ms. Im, we are glad to say that you have been accepted to Seoul University under the Department of Medicine…” Yoona takes a pause as tries to comprehend the information that is written on the letter. “Mom, Dad… I’m going to Seoul University!” She exclaims as she smiles widely, while her parents look at her with admiration in their eyes.

 

Mr. Im stands up from his seat and hugs Yoona as his daughter tries her best not to cry due to happiness. “We’re very proud of you, Yoong. Continue to strive hard and be Dr. Im someday okay?” He says as he pats Yoona’s head who nods her head in approval.

 

“I will, Dad!” She takes a deep breath as she places the paper in the envelope again with a grin on her face. “I’m going to start fixing the papers I need for the admission. I hope Jess passes too so we can still be together!”

 

The Ims eat their breakfast happily, as Yoona’s heart still flutters because of the good news that she just received. Her father offers to take her to school because he can only do that once in awhile and his daughter will soon move away from them.

 

Yoona enters the school with a wide smile on her face, and before she can even go inside their classroom, Jessica came running to her with tears on her face. “I got in Yoong! I got in!” She says as she sobbed on Yoona’s chest, as the latter just chuckles and comforts her.

 

“Well then, I’ll see you around Dr. Jung!” Upon hearing her statement, Jessica immediately breaks the hug and looks at her with a grin on her face as she tries to wipe the tears on her cheeks. “You’re such a crybaby. Come here!” Yoona envelopes her best friend into a tight hug as the both of them laugh quietly at their silliness.

 

“Congrats to our future doctors!” Victoria shouts as everyone claps their hand, making the two feel embarrassed. Once the girls are seated, she immediately pats their heads with joy in her heart. “It’s hard to pass Seoul University’s entrance exam so I’m really glad that you got in!”

 

Yoona cannot stop from forming a smile as she looks at Victoria. “How about you? Has your letter arrived yet?” She asks and Victoria shakes her head. “It’ll be next week right? I bet you aced that exam so don’t worry!” She then glances to her other friends who are just staring at them. “How about your application to an entertainment company? Have you gotten in?”

 

Irene nods happily, and Yoona sighs in relief. “Me, Baek, and Suho will be training under the same company! I heard Kyungsoo and Sehun will be there as well so I’m really glad that we’re many!”

 

“I’m just really glad that we’re going to be following our dreams.” Jessica says and they all agree. “And I bet our Seohyun made it into the same university as ours!” She cries out as soon as she sees Seohyun who has a wide grin on her lips.

 

“I’m really sick of going to the same school as you, Jess. I’m going to see you again for four more years!” Seohyun jokes around, making Jessica slap her arm. They all then stop what they are doing as soon as their homeroom teacher arrives.

 

*

 

“Oh, Yixing. What are you doing here? Seohyun has gone home.” Jessica says as soon as she sees Yixing, who is currently standing on their classroom’s corridor. “Or are you looking for Yoona?” She smiles cheekily and Yixing slightly blushes, quite astounded at the question of the latter. “Yoong, I’m going ahead!”

 

Before Yoona can even answer, Jessica winks at Yixing and soon runs off to leave the two alone. On the other hand, Yoona is quite annoyed at the attitude of the latter because they have an agreement that they’ll eat pastries today.

 

She sighs and takes her bag before leaving the classroom. To her surprise, she sees Yixing standing in front of her with a wide smile on his face. “What are you doing here Yixing? Seohyun’s home early today, are you really not giving up on her?” She says before chuckling in amusement.

 

“I’m here for you.” He casually says. “Anyway, congratulations on your acceptance to Seoul University. I guess I’ll still see you around because we’ll be on the same department.” Yoona’s eyes almost popped out of her eyesockets upon hearing his statement, and she doesn’t quite know why she reacts that way.

 

“You’re going to take Pre-med in Seoul University as well?” Yoona asks, and Yixing nods. “Well then congrats to you too!” She laughs lightly.

 

“Mind if I invite you out? I’m quite hungry after waiting for you.” He says and squints his eyes upon seeing the change in expression of the girl. “You have no choice, Jessica left already.” He crosses his arms in front of his chest, and Yoona just sighs.

 

“Fine, since I’m starving as well.” Yoona says as she starts walking. “It’s going to be your treat since you snatched me from Jessica! We’re supposed to have our bonding time today, you know.” She jokingly says.

 

The both of them walk quietly to the nearest pastry shop from their school, and Yixing offers to order after asking Yoona what she likes.

 

Even though he has developed certain feelings for her, he decides that he shall take it slow to see if they have any chance. Taking her out today is a small step so that he can get to know her better, and maybe they’d get comfortable with each other. He did these things with Seohyun before, but this time, he’s a hundred times happier.

 

“So, what are your plans for college?” Yixing asks, as he takes a sip of his macchiato. “Seoul University is not that far from here, so I guess you have no plans of getting an apartment?”

 

Yoona shakes her head and smiles lightly. “I and Jess are thinking of sharing a dorm together, since we’ll probably have late night classes and such. We’re going to look for dorms inside the campus this summer.” She says. “How about you?”

 

“Jimin and I are going to look for dorms inside the campus as well!” Yixing says, while smiling widely. “I guess you’ll have to bear with us for quite a while.” He teases Yoona, who is chuckling lightly in front of him.

 

“I’ve been in the same school with you for four years, and this time I’ll be seeing you for the next eight or ten years as well.” She massages her forehead as she sighs. “I thought I’d finally be able to get rid of you. Anyway, Seo will be on the same university as us. Will that be fine with you?”

 

Yixing is quite taken aback by her question, but he clears his throat and smiles lightly. “Of course, it is. After all, we’ve both decided to be good friends.” He says, and Yoona nods. They both take their precious time in the café, not knowing that a certain person is watching them.

 

“I really hope you’ll be happy with her, Yixing.”