"He Will Misunderstand"

Forbidden Heartbeat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jihoon froze in his steps standing in front of Ailee. The chattering of Hyomin and Nana was heard approaching, Jihoon didn't waste another minute and pulled Ailee into the bathroom then shutting the door. Locking it, he turned to Ailee who was now in the center of the room. Ailee was lost for words, why was Jihoon here? Jihoon looked at Ailee, she could see that he was shocked and angry. "Jihoon?" They heard Hyomin called on the other side, then the clicking of the doorknob could be heard and Hyomin led Nana into Myungsoo's room. "Jihoon-ah? He's not in here?" Once their footsteps was heard retreating, Jihoon stare into Ailee's eyes. 

"Why are you here?!" He asked angry, he was seen breathing in and out heavily. Then poking his cheek from inside his mouth with his tongue, he caught on. "Don't tell me ( in his breath) you're the one who's going to marry Myungsoo?" When Ailee didn't repond and only stood there like a statue he scoffed, Ailee could see him the side of his mouth. He placed both hands on his hips, and then turned back facing her, after having a short mental breakdown. "I can't believe this." Finally Ailee spoke, 

"Then.... Why are you here?" 

Jihoon was breathing heavily through his nose now, he ignored Ailee, "Does Myungsoo know that your parents are murderers? Or, did you threaten him? The Myungsoo I know wouldn't marry garbage." Jihoon abrutly stated. Ailee slapped him when he got closed enough, 

"My parents aren't murderers!" Ailee strongly pushed him aside as she tried to leave the room. Being with Jihoon was bringing back painful memories, and suffocating. But Jihoon wasn't about to let her go, he pulled her arm and turned her around, pinning her against the door. He was closed enough for her to head bump him, but Ailee's mind was cloudy to think of any way to escape. Instead she turned her head when Jihoon's face was getting closer to hers. 

"They aren't murderers you say? My parents are DEAD because of them! You're going to defend them? They're the reasons my parents are dead Yejin!" Ailee shut her eyes and remain turning away while he yelled at her. 

"Jihoon? My son?" Nana's voice was heard on the other side. When Jihoon started to lean away, Ailee took the chance to grab the doorknob but he stopped her. He pulled her against him and covered with his hand. 

"Oh? I-I'm using the bathroom, I'll be out soon." Jihoon called, 

"Oh! I'm going over to Myungsoo's place, when you're done make sure you eat breakfast and follow me there~ Maybe you can give Myungsoo some relationship advice~" 

"Alright." They gave Nana about one minute to leave, when Ailee bit down on Jihoon's hands and rushed out the door. Jihoon groaned and once the pain died down he washed his hands. Ailee locked herself in the room and started putting on her clothes to go out. Once she was done she rushed downstairs, Jihoon smirked when he noticed her passing. "I'll make you pay for everything." he mumbled to himself after turning off the water and drying his hands on a clean rag. 

Sunggyu and Sungyeol successful persuaded Myungsoo to go out and spend his last days of being an unmarried man. The three walked and ate as much as they could down the market streets. The market streets were lively since it was a Monday, where stalls around the area are always opened. Sunggyu smashed a cupcake into Sungyeol making a mess, Myungsoo and Sunggyu laughed at the messy sight, and took off running when Sungyeol chased after them. Sungyeol's long legs caught up to the two in no time and punished them, by flicking their foreheads. The three later entered an arcade and raced one another through a racing game. When Sungyeol won first he celebrated by himself catching the attention of many people. Myungsoo and Sunggyu beat him up afterwards. 

Near the afternoon Sungyeol was going through Myungsoo phone after taking it from his pocket. Myungsoo was walking in between the two, holding a meaningful conversation when Sungyeol stopped them. "Myungsoo! What's with the way you name your contacts?" Sunggyu walked over and took a peek at it. "D, unknown01, unknown02, unknown3, idiot1, and idiot 2?" 

Myungsoo snatched his phone from Sungyeol's losen hands. Sunggyu blinked a few times before asking, 

"I can't be anyone of the unknowns or idiots right?" 

"unknown01 is Hyomin, 02 is Jihoon. Idiot1 and idiot2 are you two." Myungsoo said before procceeding. Sungyeol called to to him and Sunggyu shook his head after placing both hands on Sungyeol's shoulders. 

"He might change it to 'do not answer' if you argue with him." Sunggyu insisted. Once they could see Myungsoo's place, they noticed a black car parked in the front. They knew his mother was waiting. The three entered, seeing Nana standing in the hallway on the first floor. 

"Mrs. Kim." Myungsoo called, she turned around with a half smile. 

"Oh you know when to come home? I called you more than ten times why didn't you pick up?" Nana asked her smile fading. Myungsoo spinned towards Sungyeol. Sungyeol's eyes widen when he finally caught up. 

"OH! Mrs. Kim, you're unknown03 on (he stopped himself) sorry I was playing with Myungsoo's phone and I didn't know who it was...." 

Nana shot Myungsoo a death glare, who only slide his hands into his pockets, appearing as innocent as he can. "Unknown03?" She asked turning back to Sungyeol, Sungyeol hang his head and nodded. "You!" Nana swing her bag at Myungsoo but missed when he dodged and grabbed her wrist. 

"Oh! Mrs. Kim, you're becoming slower and slower every year." He teased, Nana pulled away after a struggle and straighten out herself. 

"You! Once your brother gets here you better behave!" she shouted. 

"Brother? Jihoon is coming?!" Myungsoo asked, Nana swinged her bag again and Myungsoo's eyes widen when she missed again, but he didn't try to dodge it. 

"Jihoon? Call him hyung! (targets Sunggyu and Sungyeol) You two! Come with me." Nana led Sunggyu and Sungyeol to the car, and when the three got in they took off. Myungsoo sighed and was about to head upstairs when he heard another car stopping in his front lot. He noticed Jihoon exiting from the driver's seat, Jihoon smiled and wave to him. 

"Jihoon?!" Amber asked loudly. Back at their apartment, Amber and Kevin leaned in when Ailee mentioned seeing Jihoon at the Kim's. "Why is Jihoon at their house?" Amber asked again, this time her tone was calmer. 

"He must be Myungsoo's brother in law....Mrs. Kim called him son...." Ailee explained nervously, rubbing her hands together. 

"Do you have to marry the Kim's son? If you marry him, you'll have to see Jihoon hyung everyday." mused Kevin. Amber nodded quickly in agreement, but Ailee only sighed. 

"You said the wedding was tomorrow right?" Amber asked. Ailee pouted and nodded. 

"What should I do?" She asked the twins. 

"That Myungsoo, can't you tell him about you and Jihoon? If you do, maybe he'll break off the wedding instead." Amber suggested. 

"I-I can't....There's another reason why I'm marrying him...." 

"What is it?" Amber and Kevin asked at the same time. Ailee explained the whole story to tell, and when she mentioned the debt Amber and Kevin just shook their heads. Her only choice was to have Myungsoo break off the wedding. For Ailee, she wasn't aware of the deal between Mr. Kim and Myungsoo. 

In the livingroom, Jihoon was glancing around the room, he was impressed how breathtaking it was. Especially when Myungsoo is the only one who lived there, the fellow never cleaned. Or so he thought. Myungsoo entered the room from walking up the stairs, in his hands were two glass filled with cold water. He hand Jihoon one and received a thanks at that. Then Myungsoo took his seat beside Jihoon, sipping the crystal clear water. Jihoon didn't feel like swallowing anything so he set the glass on the coffee table in the center. "Myungsoo-ah." He said, Myungsoo turned to Jihoon and waited for him to continue. "How did you meet Yejin?" 

Myungsoo raised an eyebrow, "Yejin? Who's that?" Jihoon froze and didn't expect to be questioned in return. 

"Your...bride...." Jihoon slowly added. 

"Oh Ailee?" Myungsoo asked, hoping they're talking about the same person. 

"Yeah.... I meant to say Ailee." Jihoon chuckle nervously. Myungsoo dismiss

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter