The Unwanted Scene

Forbidden Heartbeat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ailee who had fallen asleep on the ground. She woke up the next morning and didn't see any signs of Myungsoo. Her stomach rumbled dying to be filled. She and Myungsoo skipped dinner last night. She stopped and recall his words and his offer. When did he know, about Jihoon and I? Was all Ailee could think about. 

As a man who moved out of his family's house at 18 and begin living alone for four years; Myungsoo didn't just have health problems, he was well aware of the dirty secrets that hovers over his family. Everyone has secrets, and he just happen to know them due to coincidences. 

Sungyeol held up the bag he had delivered to Myungsoo last night, only to get a sharp sigh from him. They were in the intern's lounging room. "Are you really not going to take these?" Pain and sorrow shot into Sungyeol's eyes as he was more than worried about his friend. 

"You went back to my house for those?" Myungsoo asked, both hands on his hips. It was embarrassing enough that his friend knew about it. 

"And if I didn't? You would have just wasted them and throw them away? (inhale before continuing) I thought something was up when I saw your record. Dr. Park prescribed these exact pills for you but your health wasn't improving." 

"Forget it, I'm not taking them." Myungsoo spinned around on his heels when Sungyeol brutally pulled him around. The taller man's eyes were red, he was angry. 

"Don't be stupid! Did you know how I feel when I saw these in the garbage? I wanted to barge in and just punch you! Take these, at least for everyone's sake!"

"Stop it--!" 

"KIM MYUNGSOO!" Sungyeol's bangs were shifted to the other side of his forehead because of his stomping. His breathing picked up. "Take these right now, or I'll let everyone know." Sungyeol's eyes were filled with rage when he shook the bag for Myungsoo to take. Myungsoo sighed and shut his eyes. 

"Go ahead. Do what you want, I won't take them." Then he sharply his heels again and exit the room. Sungyeol called out after him but the door shut his voice out. Myungsoo scoffed deeply while placing his hands in his pockets and exiting the hospital. He headed down town, hoping to occupied himself and to get rid of his sudden headache. While passing a coffee shop, he caught something, a scene he was familiar with. Nana was sipping coffee and laughing to a man, in his late 30's; according to Myungsoo. He grinned before entering the shop, sneaking up on the two elder. Myungsoo entered the door, his mother's back to him. Myungsoo slide into the long seat with his mother, who then expression crooked. 

"Myungsoo?!" Nana yelped then glance around hoping no one heard that. Simultaneously Myungsoo smiled at the man, he knew the man, but the man didn't know him. The man cracked a flustered smile then it faded when Myungsoo's inoffensive smile turned into a cold smirk. 

***** Five Years Ago - Myungsoo was 17 years old *****

It was an unexpectedly dark and rainy afternoon that day, when the third year Myungsoo jogged home in the heavy rain. Because of the rain, traffic was heavy and Mr. Kim wasn't able to pick Myungsoo up earlier from school. He was told that his mother, Nana, will picking him up instead once she gets off work. At the company. However, after three hours of waiting for his mother, she never showed up. He took that time to jog home, once he entered the house, he noticed it was awfully quiet. Usually Ra would come out to greet him first, take off his jacket and bag, then carry them to his room. There was no sign of Ra so he followed the procedure himself. 

He tossed his bag and large jacket onto his bed, then changed into more comfortable and dry clothes. Once he was done he thought he heard something coming from the master bedroom. . He knew the of the woman belonged to his mother, but who was the man? Myungsoo turned toward the master bedroom, the door wasn't even closed all the way. That showed how confident the two people were, because his father was stuck in traffic and she had forgotten to pick up her son, she brought a man into the house. The thought of his mother cheating on his father, was disgusting. 

Myungsoo didn't even care to peek, at the age of 17, anyone can tell just by the sound of it. After half an hour or so, Myungsoo was standing in his room looking out the window. He could see his mother and the man cuddling as they walked out to her car. They pecked then got into her car. Nana drove off with the man and Myungsoo scoffed with a smirk. 

That night Mr. Kim learned that Myungsoo walked home. Myungsoo's parents got into a huge fight after that. Hyomin cried and tried to stop them, as for Myungsoo he could only pity his father. 

Myungsoo saw the same man with his mother just two months after that at the mall. Sunggyu asked that they purchase a popular game that just came out. Sungyeol and Sunggyu were waiting desperately for Myungsoo. But, they never knew that their friend had witnessed yet another scene. 

Myungsoo was making his way toward the game shop, but as he turned the corner, Nana and the stranger were linking arms wearing a matching outfit. Myungsoo could hear Nana's laugh as they walk away from Myungsoo, their backs to him. Myungsoo met up with Sunggyu and Sungyeol without talking much. When they purchased the game, Sunggyu couldn't wait to show it off to all the boys at school. That slow and game addict boy became a detective after college. 

The third time was at his and Ailee's wedding. Myungsoo was aware of Nana's plans. She rushed the wedding and set it on the day where the man was freed from his marriage. He divorced his wife and came to see Nana during the wedding, Myungsoo remembered his face in the audience. Smiling and clapping with the crowd when his intention wasn't as pure as the others. He remember Nana coming in late, but only he alone noticed. 

While sending off the guests, he could see Nana with the man, leading him out among the rest of the guests. 

***** Present *****

Myungsoo watched the reaction of the man quietly, Nana turned to him and slapped his arm, then back at the man. "Uh sorry, you remember my... son right?" Nana asked nervously at the man. He nodded and bowed a little, a little too guilty. 

"Congratulations...." 

Myungsoo only smile and stare. When Nana started tugging him, he spoke. 

"You look like Hyomin." Myungsoo asserted. Nana's mouth shaped into an arch and she pinched him. 

"Hey what are you doing?!" She hissed at him. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter