Get It Over With

Forbidden Heartbeat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ailee remembered Myungsoo's proposal. Of course she wanted a divorced, but it wasn't because of Jihoon. She just wanted to find her mom and wait together with her until Taegoon's sentence in jail was over. Myungsoo pulled away, "I'll be in my office. Thanks for lunch." 

Myungsoo slide his finger tips across his wooden desk. He opened the top right drawer of his desk, in that drawer, a single headset was resting in it. He grabbed the headset and looked at it, memories of him and headsets, including headphones, ear plugs, speakers, you name it. He reminiscence on the memories, he started shutting out the world after he discovered his mother's affair and his family pushing him to work at the company. The old days where Hyomin will give him cold glares and stares, reminding him that he's only the first to inherent their family's wealth and position as Everlasting's president because of his blood. But Hyomin wasn't aware that his blood wasn't all that great. Myungsoo had heart disease. His grandfather died from the illness at 50, his father haven't shown any sign of the illness, so the doctor assumed it wasn't in the bloodline. 

The door to his office opened, it was Ailee. She saw Myungsoo sleeping in his chair, his headset over his head. She tip toed into the room as quietly as she could. But then froze when Myungsoo's phone started ringing, he opened an eye and pulled the loud object out from his pocket. "What?" He asked in a sleepy voice, when Ailee was sure that she haven't ben discovered, she spinned around a perfect 180 on her heels, reaching through the door. But stopped in her tracks when she could feel Myungsoo getting up from the chair. "Now?" Myungsoo asked the caller as he got closer to Ailee. "Should I bring my wifey too?" Myungsoo stopped in front of Ailee and she flinched a little, when he lifted his chin. Who was he talking to, was what she wanted to know. 

Myungsoo's left hand held the phone to his ear, while his right reached into his pocket. "Why don't you just message me instead?" Myungsoo asked the anonymous caller. Then he pulled out his right hand and held the end of the necklaces, letting the moons hang before Ailee. She stare at them, remembering the time Myungsoo bought them with the rings. Myungsoo continued his phone call for the next few minutes, but he just hums and nodded until he hung up. He flipped his phone shut and threw it into his pocket, and then he looked down to Ailee, to lock eyes. "Remember these?" He asked. Ailee nodded and expressed a little sign of happiness through a half smile. Myungsoo took a step closer to her, then he reach the chain over her head and drop it around her neck. Ailee grabbed the pendant and played with it with her fingers. Then he took a step back and watched Ailee admire the necklace. 

Then she looked up with the bright eye smile of hers, "I'll put yours on for you." She held out one hand as if she was asking for a cookie, Myungsoo smiled and high five her instead. 

"When you're taller I'll let you put it on me." Then he easily swing the necklace over his head and around his neck. He tapped Ailee's chin then exit the room, Ailee pouted and followed. 

"W-who was that? Who called?" Ailee asked taking long strides to keep up with him. 

"Sungyeol." Myungsoo answered as he climbed the steps into the entrance, Ailee knew the name belonged to one of his friends, but she wasn't sure. "Sunggyu and Sungyeol wants to celebrate our marriage, so we'll have to spend the night there." Myungsoo explained as he entered the kitchen, he opened the fridge and reached for the carton. Before he succeeded in drinking from it, Ailee stopped him, and pulled a cup to him. 

"Use the cup." 

"Oh.... Thank you." Myungsoo took the cup and poured himself a full glass. 

"There? Does Sungyeol and Sunggyu live together?" Ailee asked while Myungsoo drink. Once he finished he wiped his mouth and burped. Ailee fan the area and Myungsoo placed the carton back into the fridge then cup into the sink. 

"Yeah. Sungyeol said we should buy some groceries for the two homeless before dropping by, so let's go now." 

Myungsoo took Ailee to the storage with his car, and she was impressed. She never knew such car and place exist, and that Myungsoo could drive. 

At the market Ailee was both amazed and startled. Myungsoo skipped the vegetables and fruits section without taking a glance at the choices. Then at the mircowavable and meat section, he couldn't stop picking packages after packages. Finally at the candy section, Ailee stopped Myungsoo from purchasing any. "You need some veggies." Ailee stated, Myungsoo turned to her after staring at the junk aisle. 

"If you want some veggies, the carts are in the front." He countered, Ailee's jaw dropped. 

"No, we need veggies, let's go back for some." 

Myungsoo reached toward a box of marshmellows, he scan the cover and the size of those puffy white sweets. "Why are you only buying meat and junk food? That's not healthy. Can you hear me?" Ailee asked, Myungsoo locked eyes with her. 

"I've heard everything but one thing." 

"What?" 

Myungsoo leaned closed to Ailee's side. They were standing side to side when Myungsoo spoke. "Hubby, you forgot that word at the beginning of each

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter