Myungsoo

Forbidden Heartbeat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myungsoo was walking in front of his mother when they stopped at the door to his father's office. Nana was trench with sweat from fear and trying to keep up with Myungsoo. The thought of Myungsoo seeing her lover was scary. Myungsoo took a quick glance at Nana, who had one hand on her chest as she tried to control her breathing. Without giving her anymore attention, he knocked on the door. "Come in." He heard his father called from inside the room, while entering he saw Jihoon and Hyomin sitting on the same couch while Mr. Kim sat in another chair.  Myungsoo sat just to the couch left of his father, while Nana move to sit beside Myungsoo. They waited silently until everyone was seated, there Mr. Kim turned to Myungsoo. "You wanted to set up a family meeting, but where is Ailee?" 

"This is about Everlasting, I thought it wouldn't hurt to exclude her." 

Mr. Kim sighed with curiousity, "Then, what was it, that you wanted to say?" 

"Everlasting, let me be the owner of it for two weeks." 

"What?!" Hyomin asked breaking the calm conversation. "Dad." She turned to Mr. Kim, a smiling running across his old face. 

"You want Everlasting for two weeks? Why?" 

"Honey--" Nana tried to step in but Myungsoo continued. 

"If I think I can handle the workload alone, there's a high chance I'll continue the company for you in the future." 

"Why only two weeks?" 

"If the two weeks period ended without much improvement, I was thinking of leaving." 

"Leaving?" Mr. Kim asked in a raspy voice. 

"Yeah." 

"No, where are you going?" Nana asked grabbing Myungsoo's arm. Hyomin's face was paled. 

"Father, you can't--" 

Myungsoo pulled his arm away from his mother's gasp and looked into Mr. Kim's eyes. "Please let me do it." Myungsoo said in a serious voice. Jihoon glared at him from across the room, Nana was nervoused. As for Hyomin, she was more than angry. 

"Good, then when will you be starting?" Mr. Kim obliged. 

"Tomorrow but I have three conditions." Myungsoo added. Mr. Kim chuckled happily, 

"You're acting like a real businessman. Tell me them." 

Myungsoo turned to Nana with a slight smirk, "First, spend more time with Mrs. Kim. She seemed lonely." Nana's eyes redden, he saw! Mr. Kim didn't quite understand him but motioned for him to go on. "Second (turn to Jihoon and Hyomin) I will be walking this path alone. Jihoon and Hyomin should take a two weeks off." Mr. Kim looked at the two who were strongly against it, then back at Myungsoo. 

"And the third one?" 

"Ailee." Myungsoo eyed his father with a slight smile. "This condition would be discussed in private between us, dad." 

Hyomin, Jihoon, and Nana stepped out of the office furious. Hyomin had her arms crossed, Jihoon's hands on his hips, and Nana bit her nails. "Why is he being like that all of a sudden? He never showed much interest in the company!" Hyomin huffed and puffed. Jihoon sighed and walked away from the two ladies. Hyomin and Nana walked him walk away and didn't bother to stop him, they stood outside the door stomping and throwing fits after some deep thoughts. 

Jihoon rode the elevator alone until it reached the first floor. Taking long strides he ignored greetings and smiles from people around him, when he reached his car he got in with a heavy drop to the driver's seat. He slammed the door shut and hit the steering wheel a few times before panting and leaning his head back, out of frustration. "That Myungsoo, I'm going to make him pay." Jihoon sighed and closed his eyes for a while. Then after some time his eyes opened without any warning and he slammed on the gas pedal, driving off into the road. 

Before Myungsoo could start, his phone started ringing, Mr. Kim waited for Myungsoo to answer. Myungsoo looked at the unknown caller id and hung up, then he put his phone on silent. 

Ailee removed her cellphone from her ear and sighed, "Fine don't answer, meh!" She sticked out her tongue at her phone. She was on her way back to their house, after visiting her father. 

"Who was it?" Mr. Kim asked seeing that Myungsoo didn't even hesitate to reject the call. 

"Probably wrong number." 

"Then, what was that about Ailee?" 

"My inheritance, switch it to her, under her name."

Mr. Kim was taken aback by the request, "W-what?"

"If I really leave, I'd want her to have it." 

"You brat, are you going to run away alone and leave her behind?! Didn't I told you once and before that she is your wife!"

Myungsoo could sense the rage coming from his father, but he remained calm. "I can't take her with me." 

"Why not?! Where on earth can a jerk like you go alone but Ailee can't?!" 

Myungsoo smiled to keep himself from getting teary, "Death." Mr. Kim was both dazed and bewildered. 

Myungsoo left the office, he could hear Mr. Kim sniffling, it has been over thiry years since the old man last cried. "Sorry, dad." Myungsoo said with teary eyes, he sighed sharply to keep his tears in as he departed from the door. Myungsoo checked his phone and saw three missed calls from Sungyeol, then a text saying call me cheater! Myungsoo slowly reached for his phone while walkin down the staircases. 

"HEY! KIM MYUNGSOO! WHY DIDN'T YOU ANSWER MY CALLS?!" Myungsoo moved the move away from his ear after flinching, he wanted to hang up on an angry Sungyeol. Instead he bring the phone to his ear again. 

"What?" 

"Did Ailee call you? I gave her your number." Sungyeol was suddenly calmed and almost whispering, it showed he was at work. Of course Sungyeol was always snotty, shouting and yelling at Myungsoo as if he's already a doctor at the hospital. 

"Oh?" Myungsoo hung up and checked his history log, the unknown caller must have been Ailee. Myungsoo returned the call, the number and brought the phone back to his ear. "She's not answering?" Myungsoo was about to redial when he noticed Sunggyu calling him. "Yeah?" 

"Myungsoo, I fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter