Let Me Be Selfish For Once

Forbidden Heartbeat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Amber was carrying two bags of groceries while walking beside Kevin, who was carrying one bag. She could see two figures at the entrance of Ailee and Myungsoo's place. She saw the two figures moved in for a kiss and squinted her eyes, "Hey, is that Ailee and her husband?" She asked her brother, but Kevin was more interested at the beautiful view of the sea. Amber sighed and once they got closer, Amber's eyes widen, then she elbowed Kevin. "HURRY!" She shouted at him and charged towards the house. Kevin followed not knowing what's going on. Amber saw Jihoon and Ailee hugged, her jaw dropped opened. "HEY!" She shouted at the two who jumped and seperated immediately. 

"Amber?!" Ailee asked eyes widen, Jihoon took a few steps away from Ailee and just stared. Amber walked up the stairs and pulled Ailee to her side. 

"What the hell were you doing?! Why are you here doing this to someone else's wife?!" Amber yelled at Jihoon, Jihoon folded his arms. 

"Amber, keep your voice down. This isn't something for you to in." Jihoon said coldly. 

"Right, and it's yours? Giving her a hickey once wasn't enough, now you're back for more?!" Amber shouted, Ailee pulled onto Amber's opened vest, but Amber slapped her hands away. She took a few steps closer to Jihoon, to appear as intimidating as she can. "You, you have your own accessories. Ailee isn't your watch, that whenever you feel like it's time, you'd stop by and kill time by doing nasty things then leave for another time. Rotten jerks like you should get a move on!" Amber insisted. Jihoon's eyes grew soulless and cold. 

"What's going on?" They stopped at the sound of a familiar voice. Sungyeol was standing at the entrance, just behind Kevin. Jihoon scoffed. 

"Watch your mouth, I won't let it slide next time. (turn to Ailee) I'll be back for more later." Jihoon walked passed Kevin then Sungyeol and got into his car, while everyone watch. 

From the distance Myungsoo could see Jihoon driving off. His hands in his pockets and he could see the many figures at his house. Without thinking much, he headed over. Back at the house, Sungyeol was just staring at the unfamiliar faces. He never had a proper introduction with Ailee nor her friends. Amber sighed heavily and stormed into the kitchen, Ailee followed her. Kevin and Sungyeol stared at each other for a while, waiting for the other person to speak.

"Amber, listen to me. It's not what it seems like." Ailee was trying to explained the whole story to Amber, but she held up a hand while angrily pulling out the fruits from the bags. 

"I'm not listening!" 

"Amber." Ailee pulled Amber's arm, hoping she'd turned around. "Listen to me first, don't jump to conclusion." Ailee pleaded. Amber was spinned a 90 degrees angle to face Ailee, where she smashed a fruit on the counter. 

"Ailee! Snap out of it! I saw everything! I never jumped to conclusion, Jihoon came over and ually harrassed you when your husband isn't even present! You want me to understand that?!" Amber shouted. Ailee didn't know how or what to say in order for Amber to believe her. So when she remained silent, Amber turned back to the counter and unpacked the fruits onto the counter. Ailee slowly left Amber alone and walked over to the door, where she turned around to look at Amber once again, hoping she would stop unloading the fruits and comfort Ailee instead. 

Meanwhile outside, Myungsoo placed a hand on Sungyeol's shoulder which made him lean back a little and turned his head to the right. "What are you doing?" Myungsoo asked in a calm voice. Sungyeol blinked a few times, trying to recall why he had visited in the first place. Once he remembered, a bright smile flashed across his face and Myungsoo knitted his eyebrows. "Why are you smiling?" Myungsoo asked again, Sungyeol leaned closer to Myungsoo's left ear. 

"I brought you medicine!" He whispered sharply into Myungsoo's ear. Myungsoo flinched at the sudden spitting in his ear and wiped it on his shoulder. 

"So dirty." He said and walked up the steps, then stopped when he noticed Kevin. Kevin waved nervously at him. 

"Hi.... Do you remember me?" Kevin asked. Myungsoo thought for a short amount of time before answering. 

"You're Woo Kevin right, wifey's handsome fashion designer friend?" Myungsoo double checked, Kevin smiled delighted and nodded quickly. Sungyeol felt betrayed when Myungsoo called Kevin "handsome". "Then, (turned to Sungyeol who was sticking out his tongue at Myungsoo from behind, Sungyeol flinched at Myungsoo's sudden turned, and regained his composure) let's all go in together." Myungsoo invited and Kevin followed closely. Sungyeol sighed and kicked the sand. 

"That cheater!" He shouted quickly, 

Myungsoo were making his way into the kitchen when the image of Amber holding a knife startled him. He took a step back and was ready to defend himself, Amber turned and sighed. "What kind of husband come home so late?" Myungsoo was taken aback by Amber's ice tone and sudden attack. What did I do? Was all Myungsoo could think about. He left Amber alone after the gloomy aura she was emitting and headed to the back. To his surprised, Kevin and Sungyeol seemed to be in a deep conversation. Once they noticed Myungsoo, Sungyeol held out a hand. 

"Phone." was all Sungyeol said. Myungsoo tilted his head a little in confusion and pulled out his phone from his pant's pocket. He slowly placed it into Sungyeol's palm, Sungyeol opened it and go through the contacts. Kevin and Myungsoo watched him quietly, especially Myungsoo who wasn't sure why the mood of the house feel so strange. "You still haven't changed my contact name to my handsome?" Sungyeol asked, Myungsoo expression soured. He had forgotten, a few days ago, Sungyeol had called him, begging for him to change his caller id from idiot1 to my handsome. 

"I forgot." Myungsoo admitted slowly, and without a word Sungyeol tossed Myungsoo's phone into the pool. Sungyeol crossed his arms and looked from Myungsoo to Kevin. "Go get it." Myungsoo ordered. Sungyeol ignored him and turned away. "Hurry be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter