No

Forbidden Heartbeat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ailee stood in front of the cake, alone, and silently. The cake has been sitting on the counter for three days, Myungsoo has never returned home or look, or contacted Ailee. She always found herself the outcast, when it comes to parents she was going or already family with. When Ailee planned to help out at Mr. Kim's funeral, Sunggyu and Sungyeol were strongly against it, so before she could see or even catch a glimpse of Myungsoo, she left. It's the same cycle she was familiar with, one where two men has been swapped. She headed back upstairs to sleep some more, of course she couldn't swallow anything. 

Myungsoo sat at his desk and sighed. *Flashback* Myungsoo was sitting in a room with dark circles around his eyes, guests who were attending his father's funeral were less than 20 people. Myungsoo kept the funeral private and small, not wanting to make a party out of his father's death. Especially when Nana, Jihoon, and Hyomin weren't invited. Woohyun took a glimpse of Myungsoo, with his hands in his pockets and his head hanging a little. Woohyun turned around and saw Sunggyu walking his way, quickly he avoided making eye contact and passes Sunggyu. 

Sunggyu who noticed him crooking his head a little to the side and drew in his breath. "Myungsoo-ah" Sunggyu called as he walked over and sat next to Myungsoo. The tired and expressionless latter readjust his seating when the detective sat beside him. "Did you invite your company's assistant too?" Sunggyu asked, Myungsoo ignored him when he couldn't understand the man's question. "Why is he here?" Sunggyu asked himself quietly tilting his head, thinking something fishy was up. 

"What are you blabbering on about?" Myungsoo asked with little effort. 

"He was the one who released Jihoon.... Right?" Sunggyu was still in the middle of talking to himself, when Myungsoo's ears perked up. 

"Who?" 

Sunggyu scratched the back of his neck, "He said he was the company's assistant, Woo-hyun? That sounds right." Finally the impatient Myungsoo grabbed hold of Sunggyu's collar. 

"What are you talking about?!"

"The guy who came to bail Jihoon from prison!" Sunggyu shouted back, not knowing what's the big deal. 

"Didn't you say Woohyun? It isn't Nam Woohyun is it?" 

Sunggyu took a few seconds to take in Myungsoo's desperate question, then he looked Myungsoo right in the eyes and nodded, "I remember, it was Nam Woohyun."

*Present*

Myungsoo sighed before hearing a knock to his office, without answering, the door opened and Nam Woohyun stepped in. "Boss!" He called happily, Myungsoo rubbed his temple as Woohyun approached him. "Wow boss, you've only been working two days but you're already getting white hair and wrinkles." Woohyun teased, Myungsoo ignored his meaningless joke. 

"Do you have more work for me?" Myungsoo asked, Woohyun froze and his eyes followed the cleared off desk of Myungsoo's. Then at the corner was a two feet tall pile of nothing but papers. 

"Oh.... Did you already finished all the work I brought to you....?" Woohyun trailed off and the corner of Myungsoo's lips rise up. "Boss, you shouldn't work so hard.... The president just passed away...." Woohyun said with broken sentences. 

"I've been so busy I haven't seen my family for days." Myungsoo said with a smile and Woohyun laughed hysterically. "Since I'm finished with this month's work, you take care of the rest. I'm going home." Myungsoo said calmly and Woohyun's laugh faded, he bowed and hung his head. 

"Is that so?" Jihoon asked, he was standing in front of a poorly put together shack. He was on the phone with Woohyun. 

"Yeah, I handed him this month's work but he did it all in two days. He said he was going home so I couldn't find an excuse to stop him." Woohun explained. Jihoon bit his bottom lip, 

"Alright, let him be. I'm busy at the moment

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter