Arranged Marriage? You're Joking!

Forbidden Heartbeat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myungsoo entered a large room with one table in the center surrounded by twenty occupied seats. He wore headphones and his hands were in his pants pockets. The twenty pair of businessmen eyes were on him. The host and head of the meeting is his father. Myungsoo pulls a chair and sat next to his father, his father poke him for him to stop embarrassing him, since he was the attention of the room. Myungsoo turns to look at his father when he felt the poking. "You, why are you wearing those head pieces?!" he asked in a loud manner. Myungsoo calmly took out a piece and plugged it into his stalling father's ear.

"We good?" he asked before retrieving his headphone.

"YOU! Why would you have those plug in when you're not listening to anything?!" his father shouted, Myungsoo cleared his hearing after poking a finger in his ear then out.

"Shouldn't you lower your voice and focus on the meeting instead?" Myungsoo finally questioned turning to the man. He in his breath before motioning for the speaker to continue. The man standing behind the podium bowed and continued.

Once the room was empty his father grabbed his ear and pulls him close. "Why and when did you come back?" He released his pinch when Myungsoo slapped his hand and groan.

"Why? You called me and said you missed me so I came a day early." The old man slapped his arm making him yelp.

"You brat! I said I had something to discuss, who said I missed you?!" Myungsoo smiled and teased his father,

"You're so handsome when you're shy dad." his father scoffed and raised a hand, Myungsoo quickly dodge it by throwing himself against his father, hugging him tightly. "Ah~dad~"

"Hey! Let go of me! You erted son!" he glanced around in case anyone could see them. Myungsoo tighten his grip,

"Whoa dad, did you gain some weight due to stress?" His father roared and finally broke free from his embraced.

"Shouldn't you apologize for arriving late in the middle of a meeting instead?! Why are you mocking me?!" he turned and left the room leaving Myungsoo chuckling.

Ailee looks around the nice living room of Kevin and Amber's apartment. Kevin came in carrying a bag of kimchi meanwhile Amber and Ailee were unpacking some of Ailee's belongings. "Food guys~" Kevin called from the living room. Amber motioned for them to go eat since Ailee must be hungry.

Kimchi was set at a small rounded table and the three ate, while talking about all the experiences and adventure they went through without each other. Finally the talk of high school saddens Ailee when Jihoon came to mind. Amber elbow Ailee, "Hey, have you heard from Jihoon?" Ailee shook her head and the twins sigh.

"Don't give up, there are plenty of fishes out there." Kevin encouraged. Amber punched his arm and he cowers,

"Ailee, I heard your mother got out. Shouldn't you contact her?" Amber asked to change the topic. Ailee nodded this time with a smile. After six years, Ailee graduated from college with a master's degree from an Art college. In order to forget about Jihoon and her parent's problems, she packed her schedule with classes and work to get her degree early. Amber accomplished her dream of becoming a hair stylist and Kevin was working his way to fashion design. She was proud of them.

In Amber's room, which she had offered to share, Ailee was making a call to her mother. When it keeps going to voicemail Ailee hang up and decided to try again later. Right when she turn off her phone the whole house heard the doorbell ring. "Um, Ailee it's for you!" Amber calls with her husky voice. Ailee exits the room and looks towards the door, there was Nana.

Myungsoo lounge on the long chair in his father's large office. At one end was the desk and in the center was the lounging area, covered with four black leather couches and a shiny coffee table right in the middle of everything. Myungsoo was playing with a book he saw lying on his father's table. "Did you finally run out of money?" his father, who was sitting at his desk, ask peeking over to the young lad.

"Dad, is the lady who took my money really mom's friend?" he asks spinning the book between his index fingers.

"Yeah, why?"

"Mom said she went to prison after killing someone right?"

"Why don't you go ask your mother you brat?!" his father snap when he keeps asking aimlessly questions.

"Should

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter