Your Presence Hurt

Forbidden Heartbeat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: First of all I'll like to apologize to everyone for slacking on Forbidden Heartbeat! However, I'm not sure if the fact that Forbidden Heartbeat almost reaching its crossed your mind (>.<) But yes Forbidden Heartbeat will end at around chapter 23-25. Just a heads up! Anywho, again thanks so much for all of your love~

Ailee took in a deep breath. The humid sun has been shining over her for as long as she could remember, tanning her pale skin into a now light brownish. Her long hair was held in a ponytail and she was dressed in layers of large clothes for older women, a dirty white apron was wrapped around her waist as well. And beside her were two buckets filled with water and dead fishes. She had promised to help an aunt of hers with work in order to save money and get her dad out of prison. And after leaving the hospital, she ended up carrying fishes for miles for her distant aunt. 

Ailee arrived at a more busy area, where many farmers are selling their goods, almost reminded Ailee of the busy market streets near Myungsoo's place back in Seoul. An older woman was waving for her to hurry when she walked over carrying the two heavy buckets. She noticed three older women around her aunt's age was at their stall. "Ailee hurry!" the woman who stood alone facing the three cried. Ailee picked up her pace and when she was close enough she could see the unhappy faces of all three ladies. Finally she dropped the buckets onto the ground and face the three ladies while her aunt hid behind her. 

"Is something wrong here?" 

"Are you this witch's daughter?!" the lady in the center shouted. She sounded like someone who yells a lot on a daily basis, Ailee could tell. 

"Yeah.... What's wrong?" Ailee asked again and this time the three ladies attacked. 

"HOW DARE YOU TAKE OUR MONEY AND NOT PAY US BACK?!!" Ailee found herself in between the four women, blocking her aunt from the vicious women. People around begin chattering and watching, talking among themselves to see if one wants to jump in and stop the situation. The beating went on for some time, the long nails of the women scratched Ailee's face when they were waving their hands around, trying to get to her aunt. 

Ailee managed to push the three older ladies off her and grabbed her aunt's wrist, then she pulled her behind her and they ran back home. Although the three women knew where they live, at least they have some time to get home and lock themselves in for the day. Ailee and her aunt were panting heavily once they reached the poor urban city. Her aunt's legs gave up on her and the lady dropped to the ground, Ailee helped her up and quietly pushed the lady to go on, that she just needed to take a few more steps then they'll be safe and sound. For the day. But when they reached her aunt's house, a man was standing in the front of the house. 

Ailee and her aunt watched the stranger closely, he had on a gentle smile as he approached them, his dress shoe's heels clicking against the poor cement. He stopped before Ailee and held out a hand, "You're Ailee right? I'm Woohyun, Nam Woohyun. Nice to meet you." Ailee couldn't guess why a man she have never met before would know her. Behind them, they could hear the three women who had caught up. Ailee turned to her aunt with hesitating eyes as she led her quickly into the house, Woohyun stare in confusion until he was face to face with the women. They stopped before him yelling at Ailee and her aunt while trying to catch their breath. "Ma'am is something wrong?" Woohyun asked the three. The one in the center inhaled deeply before answering, 

"That wretch, she borrowed money from my husband without me knowing and she won't pay it back! Her and that daughter of hers!" 

"Oh ma'am I think there's a misunderstanding, she's not her daughter." Woohyun denied which caught their attention. 

"And who are you young man?!"

"Yeah! How do you know?!" 

Woohyun tried to control the situation by keeping his voice under control. "Ah, I'm her friend, say how much do they owe you?"

The middle lady glanced at Woohyun, he seemed rich.... "5,000" she said quickly, Woohyun smiled and nodded. He pulled out a business card and held it before them. 

"This is my business card, please call me later today with your account information so I can transfer your wanted amount through the computer." Woohyun noticed their face brighten when they saw his company, Everlasting Entertainment was a wealthy and loaded company many people around the world were familiar with. They quickly left and laughed at their dishonest victory. 

Woohyun showed up at the front door again and Ailee slowly opened the door for him. After witnessing what he had done, she thought she could trust him. He wouldn't have showed up if he had nothing to do or discuss with her about. After all, Ailee only told Amber and Kevin about her whereabouts. 

Ailee sat across from Woohyun while her aunt brought in some cold juice for them. Woohyun introduced himself as a family friend; thus, her aunt allowed him to come in and talk to Ailee. Woohyun took a sip of the icy orange juice as he gaze around the state of the house. It was the 21st century yet homes like these still exist, Woohyun was quite surprised. As a city boy his whole life, he's never been far from being unable to spot a hotel, company, or some sort of large and expensive parks. "You said your name was Nam Woohyun right?" Ailee's aunt asked and Woohyun nodded after coming back to his senses. "You said you were a family friend of Ailee's husband side of the family right? What brings you here from Seoul?" 

Before answering Ailee turned to her aunt begging her to stop asking further questions. Woohyun on the other hand just smile and clear his throat. "Ms. I would like to speak to Ailee alone, would that be alright?" 

Ailee's aunt thought for a moment then nodded "Sure, I'll step out, again thank you for paying back those witches." Woohyun chuckle.

"Yeah it was nothing." 

Once her aunt was completely out of sight and hearing range, Woohyun begin. "Ailee, you may be wondering why I'm here correct?"

"Yes."

"Well, I came because I have two questions for you." 

".... Go on."

"Roh Jihoon, you remember him right?" 

Ailee was suddenly disturbed by the sound of his name. Her heart raced, it wasn't the kind where racing she had felt for him before the accident and soon after for Myungsoo. However, it was the one where she clutched her fists and bit down hard. "I--I do...."

"Then, between him and Myungsoo, who are you going to pick?" Woohyun asked calmly. Ai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter