No more 'ifs' and 'buts'

Unfortunately I met you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dara's perspective

 

He insisted to go to the hospital. He stopped a taxi but where would he get the money? He gave his watch which worth was 100 times more than the amount to be paid. He also asked him to wait for us there as we went to the hospital.

The nurse recognized Chanyeol at first glance and while she was giving me treatment, she was only looking at him.

After putting up some bandages we went to the parking lot where we left the taxi driver before and fortunately he really waited for us. I thought he'd just leave..

He said his daughter was a fan of him and so he asked him to give an autograph.

I know how he hates it but he surprised me when he gave it to him without giving any sign of annoyance.

We came back to school at 2 am, he ordered me to sleep at his dorm but I said I was okay by myself  then he said “Do you want Bom to be worried? If she sees your hand she'll panic!” So I agreed on staying in his room.

He gave me clothes I could change into while he was preparing the bed. After some moments he called me and told me to sleep already..

 

Me: What about you? Where will you sleep?

Him: Don't worry about me, I can sleep anywhere..

Me: Just sleep on your bed, I'll sleep there on the sofa! Why are you so concern?!

Him: Can't you just do what you're told to do, please? I think I'm going crazy already..

He looked pissed off so I lied on bed and closed my eyes because I was very tired but I was still awake. I could feel Chanyeol caressing my forehead, my cheeks and my hair.. I could also feel his warm breath on my face.. Is he that close? Why is he doing that? Why is he making me confused again?

Then I felt his lips on my forehead as I heard him whisper.. “Don't ever be hurt you fool.. always saying not to worry about you but you're always clumsy.. it makes me want to care about you..”

If only he knew.. if only I could tell him about how I feel.. If only he liked me instead of Nana.. If only this weren't a love contract..

I heard his footsteps going away.. Why does it feel so heavy in my heart? I have to be used to be far from him, only 3 weeks are left..

I only slept for 2 hours and woke up at 5 am, I got up and looked for Chanyeol. He was lying on the sofa without even a blanket. I brought the one I had used then I went out of his room carefully to go back to my own dorm.

I checked the wound on my right hand and found out it was pretty big. It didn't hurt me at all last night but now after seeing it, it started hurting.. I shouldn't have seen it.. Bom woke up and saw me cleaning it..

Her: Yaaaah! What happened to you? Did you fight with Chanyeol and he stabbed you? Was he abusing you?

Me: You really have a wide imagination! How can you think like that the moment you wake up?

But actually, it would have been better if he was the one who hurt me so I could be angry at him and blame it on him.. It seems like the only thing that'll remain to me is the scar this wound will leave.

 

I just remembered I also had to practice for the Christmas eve's performance.. but how am I going to practise? I took the guitar Chanyeol had lent me before but my hand had bandages and even if I removed it I still couldn't move it because of the wound.

Bom noticed it was difficult for me to use my hand and told me sh'd accompany me to his father's friend who is a doctor. I said I was okay, not because I really was but I was afraid I wouldn't be able to perform.

 

Her: We have to let them check it, it may not be a simple wound.. this is for your own good so just come with me, ok?

I said I'd come with her so we skipped classes that morning to go to the hospital. I've just been there this morning and now I'm going again.. Hospital smell makes me puke.. I don't really like going there.. ever since my parents dies.. the only thing I remember was the smell of the hospital.. Bom saw my reaction and asked me if anything was wrong so I told her about the accident my parents had when I was a kid.

After the check up, the doctor said the thing I never wanted to hear.. “Your hand is fine as long as you don't use it for at least a month, it's because you've also fractured it so it needs some time to heal”

Now.. what am I going to do?? How about the performance I've been practicing?

Bom knew I was depressed and maybe that was why she set me up to see Jiyoung.. She still thinks I like him.. well I still like him as my bestfriend though..

Jiyoung was surprised when he saw my hand and when I said I couldn't participate anymore he was disappointed too.. All he could do was tap my back and as he was doing that I couldn't help but cry.. “Why is everything going wrong? I fell for the wrong guy.. Now I can't even do what I want to do.. It was better back then.. when I liked you, I never felt this sad..”

He hugged me and said everything would be alright.. then our topic went to Nana..

I asked him what they talked about when Chanyeol and I left them together..

Him: It was very awkward with her and what's worse was she made it more awkward because she wouldn't laugh at my jokes..

Me: Why would you tell her tho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter