chapter 8- Himchan's punishment

The 3 Magic Doors

Chapter 8:

Yongguk waited patiently for the other guys to arrive while he sat on a stool beside the sleeping bag where Shiyoung was lying unconciously. 'Why is Himchan acting like this?' That same question kept bothering him for hours until a bunch of boys ran towards the tent with Junhong entering first with sweat running all over his face. The older ones had unreadable expresions while Himchan hid behind the tall maknae.

 

"KIM HIMCHAN!" The general shouted angrily. "Look at what you've done!".

 

The young commandant finally showed himself in front of his boss and hyung. The latter remained silent taking small glances of the girl lying over the general's sleeping bag. He would have apologized if it wasn't because of his pride.

 

The boys seemed shocked by Yongguk's sudden outburst and Youngjae interferred. "Himchan hyung, You did that to her?!" The young cadet asked in shock. They all knew him very well. He could sometimes get angry or annoyed but he would never do something like this to an innocent person, specially on purpose.

 

The commandant glared at the younger one as a response. "YES! I DID THAT! SO?! WHAT'S THE MATTER?!" Himchan flared and kicked her sleeping figure letting out all his anger.

 

Junhong's eyes widened at the image of his hyung showing his dark side just in front of him. Without thinking much the red haired boy ran to stop him from doing any further damage to her, but recieved a punch in the face and his lip started to bleed. Yongguk interferred and trapped Himchan against the ground. "KIM HIMCHAN! WHAT HAS GOTTEN INTO YOU?! ARE YOU SRUPID OR WHAT?! I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU HERE! YOU WILL STAY INSIDE OF YOUR TENT AND THINK ABOUT YOUR ACTIONS! IF I GO AND DON'T SEE YOU IN THERE YOU'LL GET IT! UNDERSTAND?!" The general yelled to his ear. He was burning in anger, which scared the boys the most. In that aspect he was pretty much like Kris, Yongguk was always a caring hyung, but you wouldn't want to anger him.

 

The eldest let go of Himchan and shooed him to his tent as a punishment.

 

While Junhong kept bleeding, the other ones were too shocked to even move. They couldn't believe their eyes. They have seen Himchan getting agressive, but he had never laid a finger on his dongsaengs since he loved them all as an umma loves her kids.

 

When Yongguk stood up everyone reacted and piled in front of the maknae filling him with questions.

 

"Stop!" Yongguk ordered firmly ending all the commotion. He walked to Junhong and checked his lip. "Does it hurt?" He asked in concern turning up to the tall cadet expecting an answer.

 

Thing Yongguk didn't know is that the boy didn't hear. He was way too shocked to even pay attention. First, Shiyoung unconcious, then Yongguk yelling at Himchan, and now Himchan punching him.

 

"Junhong". The general called.

 

Junhong's POV:

 

I blinked 10 times before turning to look at Shiyoung and then hyung. "Huh?" Was all my mouth could say.

 

Hyung looked at me in concern before landing his finger on my lower lip. "Does it hurt?" He asked.

 

I felt uncomfortable with all the boys staring at me so I removed his finger and turned to look at the ground. "I'm okay". I replied curtly trying to sound as normal as possible.

 

Honestly, my lip doesn't hurt, but my head. Is Himchan hyung feeling okay? He isn't like that. He's a good man, that's why he's Yongguk hyung's right hand, the commandant. I remember him telling us the story of why he became a soldier.

 

Flashback:

 

During the Army Day the general would choose the next general of the army. That was the tradition. When the general turns 40 he would select his best man to be his successor during that day.

 

This celebration would take place in a fancy salon, with big candles hanging from the ceiling, round tables reserved for each family of each cadet, and a big stage with a microphone at the center.

 

The 40 years old general walked up to the stage and stood in front of the microphone to say his last speech as the Mato Army's general. "Good night, ladies and gentlemen. Today, the Army day, I'll trust my position to a great man, a man who has put all his effort to protect this society. Someone who is very capable of running this and the next generations of great men and women. A man who I find to be a trustworth soldier, strong and disciplined, firm and brave. This cadet, who was able win my trust, and now my position. I, Choi Seunghyun, general of the Mato Army, choose... Bang Yongguk as my successor. Congratulations general Bang". That way, he ended his speech smiling to the soon-to-be general, signaling him to walk up to the stage. Everyone turned to look at him and clapped.

 

Bang Yongguk, the antisocial cadet of the army, the new general? WOW! He was obviously very happy, but most of all, he couldn't believe it. Yongguk didn't have many friends before, actually, he didn't have friends at all. He was always the serious one. The other ones didn't dare to talk to him. Don't take me wrong, he was actually very nice and polite, but he was too focused doing his job right to think of making friends.

 

Without wasting more time, he stood up and saluted he exgeneral politely and shook hands with him. Before Yongguk could do anything about it, Choi Seunghyun (the exgeneral) hugged him, in a manly way of course.

 

"Congratulations, I don't think I need to tell this to you, but anyways, don't choose the commandant just because you like him or because you are great friends. Choose wisely, choose who you think you can trust and who you think that can do his best. Fighting!" Sir Choi advised and pushed apart before making his way out of the stage.

 

Yongguk stood there looking into the space and then turned to look at the audience. He gained all the courage possible and took the microphone. The man sighed heavily and started. "Good night, ladies and gentlemen. First of all, I want to thank all the people that supported me, general Choi Seunghyun, commandant Ok Taecyeon, and my parents, witht you I wouldn't be up here in this beautiful night. Its a great honor to be your new leader. I promise to protect, and respect our people, that's why I'll choose a great mate who I trust that will help me to keep my promises, a commandant. I choose..." Yongguk looked around for someone, trying to choose between all his mates, they all looked very disciplined and trustworthy, but he couldn't choose. 'Think Bang Yongguk, let's see. Hmmm... Oh'. He thought as he stopped looking and landed his eyes on Kim Himchan, who was at the back. 'Yes. He. Himchan'. He decided. "Congratulations! Commandant Kim Himchan". He said.

 

Himchan's face lit up and pointed at himself to make sure he heard well. General Bang nodded once and the new commandant almost jumped from his seat and walked fastly to the stage. He bowed 90 degrees to Yongguk and shook their hands.

 

"Thank you sir Bang. Good night, ladies and gentlemen. I promise to do my job the right way, I'm really thankfull. If you allow me, I would like to share with all of you a story about my past". He smiled and everyone clapped their hands. He proceeded. "Since I was young, I have always wanted to change the world, I wanted to protect the people around me, and give justice to the ones who break the laws. My grandfather was part of the army, he became a general, I admired him. He died during the Royal War 1. I think we all remember this bloody and cruel war, now that we are facing the concecuences of it. Now, we must face the present, the Royal War II. We all hate wars, but we have to fight for our freedom and the justice. For our society to feel the security again. I promise to be a good commandant. Thank you". That way he ended his speech and left the stage.

 

(End of flashback)

 

He promised to protect us. But what is he doing?

Hi guys~ it's been a long time huh? Hehehe lol i'm sorry. Thanks for reading, subscribe and leave a comment hehehe

Bye~