chapter 4- the dangerous zone

The 3 Magic Doors

Chapter 4:

Silence filled the tent as everyone was at a loss of words. She wanted to scream, cry, and kill her brothers, but she stayed in silence trying to hold back her emotions. Junhong was staring at her and the girl, oblivious of his actions, just kept her head down.

 

When the general broke the silence, everyone looked at him. "Well... since its late, we'll start the training tomorrow". He stated and turned to the commandant. "Himchan, you'll start to teach her strategies". Then he turned to the blonde one. "Daehyun, you'll teach her defence". Then he turned to the one with fluffy cheeks and the short one with muscles. "Youngjae and Jongup, you'll teach her how to act in case of emergencies". And finally he pointed Junhong. "Junhong you'll teach her how to fight". That way he finished with his orders and they got out of the tent.

 

She sighed. "What do I do now?" She mumbled looking around confused.

 

Junhong noticed her behavior, and decided to help her. When the girl saw him she bit her lip and looked at the ground. "Hey, Shiyoung...". He called, stopping when he didn't know what to say.

 

"Hm?"

 

"I was wondering if... well you know... I have an extra sleeping bag in my tent... you can come and stay for the night... if you would like". He offered awkwardly.

 

"Oh! Really? Um thank you hahaha". Shiyoung replied feeling the need of getting out of the awkward situation. "So... you'll teach me how to fight". She stated while walking to Junhong's tent.

 

He chuckled and turned to her. "Yes...... hmm... How old are you?" He asked a random question.

 

"I'm 17, and you?"

 

"Haha, I'm 18, haha I'm your oppa". He commented trying to enlighten the atmosphere.

 

"Hahaha yes, I guess". She replied nervously. 'OMG, this is the most awkward situation I have been in. God!! Help me!'

 

They stayed in silence for some minutes until a question popped in her head.

 

"Is it always like this?" She asked looking around, admiring the landscape. She knew that she couldn't stay there forever, but the least the girl could do was memorize everything.

 

"What are you talking about?" The boy asked confusedly, trying to read her expression, but the young lady was looking somewhere else leaving no choice for him, but wait for her answer.

 

"Your planet. Is it always this beautiful?" Now she turned to face him. She was beautiful, her long brown hair that ended just over her waist shined in the sunset and her red lips formed a tiny smile.

 

"Not as beautiful as you". He answered absent mindedly. 'Wait! What?! What did I say?!' Immediately he panicked hoping she didn't hear, but she did.

 

'OMG, he said I'm beautiful!' She blushed and looked away, leaving him wondering if she heard or not.

 

They walked in silence, Junhong was sweating and shaking slightly, he opened and closed his hands in nervousness. The cadet looked at her and she just walked looking around, she looked relaxed, which surprised him. Most girls would keep crying and begging to go back home. He saw something different in her, even though Shiyoung was lost, the girl seemed to be enjoying. The boy smiled and kept walking.

 

Suddenly he spotted something far away. The militars lived in the dangerous zone of Mato, so he knew that he had to be careful. 'Please don't be wild animals' he prayed in his mind, hoping that god listened him, but apparently he didn't.

 

His eyes widened when he recognized the figure running towards them. "Shiyoung!! Run!!" He yelled grabbing her hand and started to run.

 

He was so fast that she couldn't keep up with his pace. "Yah! Junhong-ssi! What happens?!" She yelled confusedly. When the young teenager looked back, she saw an enormus animal running towards them. Her eyes widened in fear and her legs weakened. The animal was big, had long tusks and was covered in fur. She fell to the ground leaving Junhong to run by himself.

 

When Junhong noticed that she wasn't running with him, he turned back and saw her in the ground as if she was paralized. "SHIYOUNG!" He ran to get her. He lifted her off the ground and carried her bridal style.

 

She looked at him, he was sweating and tried to run the fastest possible. "Junhong-ssi, what was that?" She asked trying to catch her breath.

 

Junhong ignored her and kept running. When he saw the opportunity, he changed the direction to try to escape from the giant animal.

 

When he lost sight of the animal he looked at her. "Are you okay?" He asked in concern.

 

She nodded. "What was that?"

 

"That's a matommoth. Haven't you seen them?" He explained letting go of her. But she kept hugging his neck. The girl leaned on his chest. She nodded and turned to look at him.

 

"On Earth it is supposed that they are extinct. But there, we called them mammoths, not matommoths".

 

"Well, here in Mato, they are one of our biggest problems, specially around this zone. That's why the militars live here". He explained signalling her to follow him.