Chapter 15- Why is it training so hard??

The 3 Magic Doors

Chapter 15:

Shiyoung's POV:

 

Chess? What is the training about? I look at the general and he's making his way to the table. "Sir? What are you going to teach me?" I ask but he's busy placing each piece on its place.

 

"Do you know how to play chess?" He asked seriously.

 

I shook my head confusedly. I don't know how to play chess, but that's not what confuses me. "Sir general, aren't you supposed to teach me strategy?" I ask.

 

He chuckled lightly while shaking his head, his eyes were still focused on the pieces. "Well, it's obvious that you don't know how to play. Chess is a strategy game where you have to use your intelligence. Each piece has its own form to move. You have to move the pieces correctly and try to get to the king of your opponent. I know it sounds pretty easy, but you'll have to beat me, and I'm an expert for you to know. Ha." He explained. "When I see that you are improving we'll start to go to harder training, but first I want to know how much you can use your brain right now and then compare it to when you have to leave".

 

I nodded obediently, I can't believe it's going to be that easy. And to think that I was scared to death a while ago, ha.

 

When General Bang was done arranging everything he motioned me to sit down across him and started to explain me all the movements, it was quite difficult to remember all the moves, but I needed to at least try. It can't be that difficult right??

 

~~ Moments later~~

 

"No! No! No! You can't move the bishop like that!!" Mr. Angry scolded. Ugghh! I want to learn but General Bang is so impatient, it's like the 10th time he yells at me.

 

"Well! I'm just a beginner!!" I whined, I can't do it, both commandant and general are so impatient. My poor head is beginning to pound like crazy and it's just the first game. I want to go to next class right now!!! I turn my head to look at the watch, its only 8:15??!!!!! Just fifteen minutes??!!!! I'm going crazy!!!!

 

He sighs heavily and closes his eyes rubbing his temples. "Look, the bishop only moves diagonally. Understand??" Yongguk-ssi asked.

 

I nodded rolling my eyes, I hate this game. And I have to stay another hour and 45 minutes. I looked at the board and moved a random piece not caring if it was strategic or not.

 

~~~10:00 AM~~~

 

Strategy class ended, Mr. Bang ended a little bit more calmed, because after a hundred of explanations I was able to understand, well more or less. I couldn't beat him, but at least I memorized the movements.

 

When I left the room, I saw a tall man with a mask covering half of his face, his hair was blonde and he was dressed with the same clothes as me.

 

"I'm Daehyun". He said expressionless, he was waiting for me to shake his hand, I took his hand awkwardly and shook it, then he started to walk out of the station. Do I have to follow him? Or not? I just stand there for a moment having a fight with myself. What do I do now? I look around and find out that I'm alone, the general already left and there's no one who I can ask.

 

Suddenly, I see that man, Daehyun-ssi walking toward me, and before I could react, he grabbed my hand and pulled me with him. His grip is tight, but I don't try to fight him. He looks scary and since my headache hasn't subsided yet I'm not in the mood to try to fight him.

 

We pass through the exit doors. He still doesn't look happy, instead he seems to be more annoyed with every step he takes. I let him lead me to a large corridor to the back of the station. My wrist starts to hurt, but I try not to whine, I don't want to experience again what happened during my first 'training'. He suddenly stops in front of a big patio, it's very hot out here, there's no clowds up in the sky, and I begin to wonder how is the weather usually here in Mato. Then he releases his grip and instantly I rub my sore wrist. This cadet nearly broke my poor wrist. I look at him and he had his arms crossed with an annoyed expresion. Daehyun-ssi took off his mask revealing his even angrier face. Did I do something wrong? All I did was stand there!! And he was the one who didn't say anything.

 

"D-did I d-do so-something wrong??" I asked nervously. I didn't want to look at his face.

 

"Why didn't you fight?" He said sternly, his voice made me freeze, his voice was calm, but it had something that made me nervous when hearing it, it was calm, very calm actually, but firm, very firm.

 

"W-wh-what?" I stuttered again.

 

"This is defense class, you should have defended yourself". He replied. 

 

...I... quit... Kill... me... now... WTF!!!!!!!

Hi!!!!!~~~ hehehehe did you like it??? Don't worry Daehyun isn't that scary hahahaha. But tell me! Comment! Do you like the way the training is coming?? Please comment and subscribe!!! ^-^ 사랑해요!!!!