chapter 16- Earthquake!!!!!

The 3 Magic Doors

Chapter 16:

Shiyoung's POV:

 

What the HELL!!!! Now that I look his entire face he has an arrogant smirk plastered on his face. "Huh?" Was all I could say.

 

"Oh come on! It's defense class!! No wonder Himchan hyung doesn't like you!! You're obviously not what we were waiting for!! We expected a smarter girl!!" He said in a mocking tone.

 

My eyes widened. "Excuse me?" I said trying to sound as arrogant as him. I'm not going to feel hurt because of his words, I know that's exactly what he wants. Since what happened with Kikwang I promised myself I wasn't going to let others get to me. I was never a fragile girl, and now that I've lost everything I didn't care anymore. I lost my family, my conficdence, I lost myself.

 

"Forget it". Daehyun-ssi replied rolling his eyes. "Let's start".

 

He clapped and walked to the center of the patio. Then he turned his face to look at me. "Again Shiyoung?!! Do I also have to tell you when to breathe??! Follow me!! Here, stand here!" Daehyun-ssi shouted annoyedly.

 

"Well! I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU WANT ME TO DO!!! I DON'T READ MINDS!!!" I barked. This guy is getting into my nerves, but I did as he told me and stood in front of him. "Now, what do you want??!! Huh??!! Do you want me to bring you a pony Mr. You-know-what-to-do??!!!" I asked, totally regretting it right after those words left my mouth. I forgot he was a soldier, and he was trying to help even though this guy was very annoying. I covered my mouth looking at his eyes.

 

His reaction wasn't the one I was expecting, he just walked toward a corner of the patio. Should I follow him? Or not? I sighed. I better follow him, let's not piss him off more than he already is.

 

I made my way to him, and he turned around and stared at me with a desperate face. "Ugh! Did I tell you to follow me??!! Go to the center, NOW!!"

 

~~1 hour later~~

 

"What the hell?!! My hand!! It hurts too much!!!" I yelled as I took off the boxing gloves, I had been punching the bag in front of me for at least 10 minutes and I couldn't resist anymore. I was breathing heavily and Daehyun-ssi just stood there smirking as if he was enjoying seeing me get hurt. I glared at him still holding my poor knuckles, which were red. "Oh come on!! Are you punishing me for what I said earlier??!!! In that case you're such a crying baby!!!"

 

"Ha!" He rolled his eyes. "You can leave now. Class is over." Daehyun-ssi said signalling me to leave.

 

I bowed and turned around rolling my eyes. Annoying!! If there was a meaning for Daehyun-ssi it would be annoying, but he wasn't a bad person either. I could see it in his eyes, he was just... a guy. Like every type of guy. He was annoying yet friendly. It's weird, but I don't dislike him, actually... I like him (as a friend, don't misunderstand hehehehehe).

 

I passed through the door and I spotted Youngjae-ssi and Jongup-ssi waiting. Youngjae-ssi had his arms crossed while tapping his foot. And the other guy, who I didn't know yet, apart of his name was just standing there with a bored expression.

 

"Good afternoon!" I greeted them. Youngjae-ssi gave me a smile, while Jongup-ssi bowed politely. I sighed. 'Everything's going to be alright' I mentally said.

 

"Good afternoon little Shiyounggie!!!" Youngjae-ssi greeted back with his bright big smile. He made me feel comfortable around him, but why do everyone call me Shiyounggie?!!! I'm not a baby!!

 

Suddenly, I heard a radio which was in Jongup-ssi's hand. He pressed a button "Yes sir?" the latter said still with his serious face.

 

"Warning! Warning! Earthquake coming! Everyone to the safe area! Everyone to the safe area!" A man's voice ordered through the radio. What??!!! An earthquake??!!! Hell!!! No no no no no!!!! I don't want to die this way!!!

 

I began to shake not knowing what to do, and searched frantically for the two cadets only to find them already gone. Hell!!! How could they leave me alone in this situation??! I was paralized in the same place just moved my head from side to side looking for someone who could help me, but it was deserted, everyone was gone leaving me to my luck.

 

Think think think!!! Shiyoung!! Where can you go??!! I need to find a way to get myself safe. I started to run around, the floor wasn't shaking yet, but it could start to do it anytime.

 

There wasn't any alarm to warn about the earthquake, nor signs to tell me where to go.

 

'Okay, Shiyoung, think! The best place to keep yourself safe during an earthquake is far from big buildings or things that can hit me, so... I should go to the place where all the tents are located!!! Yes!!!' I thought. I ran directly to where my tent was, I just hoped that nothing else happened, like a matommoth, or poisonous snakes. I passed though the station, which was a big building, the worst place to be in. I didn't want to take risks so I ran as fast as I could to get to the tents. My legs were hurt, and I was exhausted. 

 

There were many other tall buildings which I didn't know what those were for, until I arrived to the tents area. I stopped abruptly and fell to the ground, my legs felt like jelly.

 

The floor hasn't moved a centimeter yet, and it makes me wonder how much time of anticipation did I have, but my train of thoughts didn't last much longer until I heard some footsteps and heavy breaths. Has someone been following me? I instinctively hide behind a rock which was big and purple-black. Then I hear the voices of two men.

 

"Huh, she really runs!" One of them exclaimed

 

"Although she reacted a bit late". Another one said.

 

"Well yeah, but hell she's fast!!! Look at me I'm sweating!!! And I need to rest!!!" The first one whined. I scoffed, 'What a baby!!! I'm not even that fast'. I thought. Even though I didn't know who were those guys, they were definitely following me. I couldn't see them because I couldn't risk be discovered. After what I saw in the station I knew that I couldn't trust anyone.

 

"Aish!! Hyung! You're so out of shape!! See?! I told you to do excercise!!!" The second one scolded. I needed a lot of effort to try to not laugh!! What the hell with them!!! I kept my hands over my mouth. I shouldn't listen to them anymore, if not I was going to explode laughing.

 

"Pft! I don't need to do excercise! I don't want to end up looking like a mini gorilla just like you!!!" 

 

"Hey! I'm not a mini gorilla! I just have a perfect and healthy body!!!" The second man retorted back.

 

'Yeah, of course!!' I thought sarcastically while rolling my eyes. 'I bet he looks worse than a gorilla'.

 

"Yeah, whatever you say. However, we need to find Shiyounggie. I swear I saw her running this way!" The first man said. 'Who the hell are they?' I thought. 'And what the hell's happening? What about the earthquake?'

 

"Yah!! Shiyoung!!! It's us!!! Youngjae and Jongup!!! Where are you??!!!"

 

'W-what?!! Youngjae-ssi and Jongup-ssi?!' I felt my face turn red in embarrassment. 'Why are you so dumb Shiyoung??!!!'

Immediately I got out of where I was hidding, and I saw them walking towards me. "Hi! Hehehehe". I said with a nervous laugh. So they were the ones having that stupid talk a while ago. 'Unbelievable'.

 

"Hey!!! You sure are a runner!!!! We almost lost you Shiyounggie!!!" Youngjae-ssi exclaimed. Again with Shiyounggie!!! Oh come on is it so difficult to call me just Shiyoung. That pet name reminds me a lot of... you know... oppas...

 

"Nuh-uh, NO hyung YOU almost lost her! I was ahead of you for almost a MILE!!!" Jongup-ssi replied. I chuckled lightly, this pair of guys are so funny. When you think soldiers are stern, boring, and hard-headed... you find out that they are like children... well... some of them.

 

"Aish, don't listen to him. He's just jealous that I'm your neighbor". Youngjae-ssi said pointing at him with his thumb.

 

"But hyung... I live next door to her". Jongup-ssi replied cutely. Youngjae-ssi glared at him. He looked like a lost and innocent puppy. I can't believe he's older than me.

 

"Oh so you're my neighbor too!!" I exclaimed, I think this class isn't going to be so awkward.

 

"Yeah!!" He said nodding his head smiling. He had a nice and contagious smile.

 

"Oookay!!!" Youngjae-ssi interferred. "Now... your punctuation". He said.

 

'My punctuation?? What punctuation? I'm lost'. My face expressed what I was thinking, and Youngjae-ssi noticed it.

 

"Your punctuation". He repeated, I was still confused. "Your grade??" He said.

 

"What punctuation? What grade?" I asked.

 

"Your punctuation for the test". Jongup-ssi answered. 'Test?? What test?!!!' I thought. "The test a while ago. We wanted to know how you would react to the 'earthquake'". He said matter-of-factly.

 

"Huh? So it was all fake?" I asked. They nodded slowly. I sighed, are all the classes going to start with unexpected tests? 

★Strategy class: chess/super failed/

★Defence class: defence test/failed/

★How to act in case of emergencies class: earthquake test/?/

 

Okay, now that I think about it, this class' name is too long. I started to think of names to call this class while the pair of cadets were discussing my grade. 'Action class? No! What the hell?!! Emergencies class? No! Sounds like an ambulance!! Why is this so difficult??!!!' My thoughts were interrupted by Youngjae, who was clapping his hands to get my attention. I immediately nodded.

 

"Oookay!! Eeuumm... It was okay. You went to the right place in case of earthquakes, but you reacted a little bit too late, you need to act faster. You're lucky that it was just a simulation, you stayed too long in the same place. The fear paralized you, it is normal, but you need to learn another way to act when you are scared. When there's a real emergency, to paralize is not an option, it's act or die... Now, too much of me talking... your grade is...".

 

'Oh come on say it now!!!!!!' I'm starting to loose patience.

 

"Eighty".

 

★•☆•★•80•★•☆•★

 

~~~

 

HACE class ended, Youngjae oppa told me that's how they call it.

 

H for How

A for Act

C for Case

E for Emergencies

 

They also insisted me on calling them 'OPPA'. At first I told them that it would be disrespectful since they're soldiers, but they insisted so much that I couldn't tell them no. From now on I can't call them Youngjae-ssi or Jongup-ssi.

 

Now, I'm waiting for Junhong-ssi who I haven't seen since I woke up. I still remember when his face was inches close to me. I think that he felt embarassed after that situation. He's nice and handsome, I think I like him, but I can't be sure. After what happened with Kikwang, I haven't been so sure about my feelings.

 

I look at my watch, 2 o' clock. I pout. 'I feel so hungry right now, but there's still one class left. Does that mean that I'm gonna it until 4:00??' I pout again. I'm so hungry!!

 

Then I see Junhong walking towards me. I stand up to greet him. "Good afternoon Junhong-ssi".

 

"Good afternoon Shiyounggie". He says back. Junhong-ssi was carrying two bags with him and gave one of them to me. "I thought that you would be hungry. Let's eat, after all it's lunch time. Let's eat and then we'll start the training".

 

"Thank you!" I said taking one of that bags, inside of it there was a box with ramyun. 'Yummi' I thought, I was drooling (literally drooling).

 

He chuckled lightly. "Since you're from Korea I thought that I should try asian dishes. I always make Mato food". He said smiling. I was already devouring the food, it was so damn delicious!!!!!

 

'Wait!!!... he said that he did it??!!!' My eyes widened. "So... you did this??!!!" I asked.

 

Junhong-ssi chucked again and nodded looking at the ground.

 

"Wow, so... will you cook for me everyday before training?" I asked.

 

Junhong-ssi looked at me and smiled. "If that's what you want". He replied. I melted inside. What a gentleman!!! "I will cook for you everyday so we can eat together".

 

That's it... My heart started to beat so fast that I felt that it was going to explode.

 

Hi~ umm... okay I'm the worst author!! I know it!!!! I'm irresponsible and I feel so frustrated that I can't even update in time! I'm so sorry! For the 10000000th time!! I'm trying! I have great ideas for this story, but I don't want to make it too fast because I want you to enjoy it and I don't want to make it too long because you may get bored.

Well, that's it I just wanted to let it out, till the next time!!!