Decisions, Decisions

Mean Guys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So,” Xiumin started as they were walking down the hall, headed for the cafeteria, “Who do you sit with for lunch?”

Kyungsoo turned to face him a little surprised. “Well, considering this is my second day, I don’t really have a set table or anything…”

Xiumin nodded understandingly. “Well where did you eat yesterday at least? I don’t remember seeing you in the cafeteria.”

“Did you look for me?” Kyungsoo asked with a small laugh. It was…nice to have friends. He didn’t feel quite as lonely as he did yesterday. And knowing Xiumin actually might have looked for him made him feel a lot better.

“Maybe…” Xiumin replied with a small blush. “But it’s not like that! I just know how awkward it can be for new students to make friends, and even then it’s never easy to find a place to sit for lunch.”

Kyungsoo laughed embarrassingly before admitting to Xiumin and Chen that he ate in the bathroom. Of course as expected, they laughed and mocked him, but Kyungsoo knew they were only kidding around with him and not actually making fun of him. He couldn’t help but laugh with them when he thought about it. Eating in the bathroom did warrant the mocking.

“So you’re sitting with us today right?” Chen asked while throwing an arm around his shoulder. “Cause you know you’re invited. We don’t bite or anything…unless you want me to.” He winked.

Kyungsoo quickly threw Chen’s arm off his shoulder and gagged. “No thanks on the biting, but I’ll gladly sit with you guys.”

“Way to spare my feelings.” Chen dramatically sighed and lowered his head. “I know I’m not attractive, BUT you could have been nicer about it. You didn’t have to gag you jerk.”

“But-” Kyungsoo started before he was interrupted by Chen.

“Chill man, I’m kidding! Don’t feel bad.” He ruffled Kyungsoo’s hair before smiling at him. Kyungsoo smiled back.

“Alright well, Chen and I get the free lunch, I assume you don’t get that yet so you might as well go the fancy A la Carte lane and get the premium food.” Xiumin said while pointing to one lunch lane packed with students.

“Ok? Is it more expensive or something?” Kyungsoo asked while starting to walk in the direction of it.

“Yeah, but not by much. But the only people who can afford to pay for lunch all year are the rich kids, which aren’t me and Jongdae.”

“Who?” Kyungsoo asked confused.

“Oh, Chen. My bad I forgot you don’t know his real name.”

Kyungsoo shrugged before leaving them and going to get his good in the supposedly fancy lane.

After getting his food in one piece, Kyungsoo began to take his leave from the lane until he realized…he had no idea where Xiumin and Chen sat. Kyungsoo should have asked before taking his leave, but he was currently starving so he couldn’t blame himself for wanting to get food quickly

He looked around again and saw all the groups that were there yesterday.

The preppy kids, also known as the kids he would have liked to meet first (he’d never tell Xiumin and Chen that though). Typically when he saw the preppy kids he figured like most, they would be good at sports while not exactly being jocks. Instead of playing football, they go for golf or lacrosse. Perhaps water polo? He didn’t know this school well enough to know which sport they were specifically good at here, but considering it’s America, probably golf like back home in South Korea.

He looked at the next table and saw the Goth and Emo kids, who honestly freaked him out. The black hair, black eye makeup, black nail polish, ear piercings, lip piercings, and basically everything else you could imagine, just freaked him out. He couldn’t imagine doing such harm to his face or sporting such blasphemous make-up. He liked to keep it natural and simple when it came to putting on slight make up on his bad days come time to cover up his acne. He also read once in an American based magazine that they…cut themselves. He didn’t know if there was any truth to that, but he didn’t really want to find out either way.

Next up on his list of cliques was the obvious and sleaze bags. Small guys with their and G-strings (who the hell wears G-strings to high school?? WHY ARE THERE GUYS WEARING G-STRINGS??) all out, and bigger guys with their greasy hair trying to non-chalantly stick their hands in the smaller guy’s pants as if no one could see. Disgusting behavior from such young adults is all Kyungsoo could think as he turned his head away from that table.

He scowled while passing by many groups he didn’t approve of until he finally spotted Xiumin and Chen waving towards him to get his attention. He sighed in relief before heading towards them only to be stopped by some random guy.

“Hey there.” The guy said with a smile on his face, a smile that Kyungsoo was suspicious of. It didn’t look very genuine to him.

“Hi?” He more of questioned.

“I’m doing a small survey for the school board and would like to have your input if you don’t mind.” The guy said with a reassuring smile and Kyungsoo lightened up a bit.

“Oh Ok then. Go ahead. I’m all for helping schools improve!” Kyungsoo excitedly chirped while bouncing a bit.

“Ok, well, has someone ever stuck their pencil in your sharpener?” He asked trying not to laugh.

“What?” Kyungsoo asked confused. How in the world did this do anything to help the school? And who carries around pencil sharpeners anymore? This isn’t elementary school. Mechanical pencils are the future.

He turned his head as he heard a few giggles coming from guys near him, but soon ignored them and assumed they were laughing at an inside joke and not at him because there was nothing to laugh at, or so he thought.

“I said, has someone ever stuck their pencil up your sharpener? Put the sausage in the bun?  Inserted the cream into your donut?” And now he couldn’t help it, he was laughing and Kyungsoo didn’t know what in the hell he was laughing about, but he had the suspicion he was being made fun of.

“Excuse me is he bothering you?” A voice from behind Kyungsoo asked.

Kyungsoo turned to see none other than Baekhyun, leader of The Fabs, asking him a question. “Uh, I don’t know?” He answered honestly. He didn’t know what this guy was asking, and he didn’t know his intentions because he wasn’t so sure this was for the school board anymore.

Baekhyun stood up from his table and leaned over his food so the both he and the stranger could hear him clearly. “Yixing, take your crusty somewhere else and stop preying on innocent boys who want nothing to do with your shriveled ‘pencil’ as you say.”

Yixing looked shocked before opening his mouth to reply before Baekhyun cut him off with the flick of his wrists.

“Do you want to have with this Chinese mess?” Baekhyun asked while pointing to the tall stranger standing next to Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo nodded his head and whispered a small and almost inaudible, “No.” Before Baekhyun shooed the other guy away, not without being called an annoying first. He ignored it and decided he didn’t want to make a scene by telling off Yixing right now, so he simply sat back down satisfied with his work.

Kyungsoo bowed in thanks because he thinks Baekhyun just saved him from an incredibly awkward situation. However, just as he was about to walk away he heard someone calling his way.

“Hey!” Kyungsoo turned around to see Baekhyun staring at him. “Come here! Sit down!” He said enthusiastically while pointing to the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter