Be My Baby

Mean Guys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Wait, wait, wait, wait a minute!” Chanyeol hurriedly said as he quickly ran over to Baekhyun before he could leave. “What did you say?”

“I’ve decided that you’re going to be my boyfriend, so pick me up tomorrow before school.” Baekhyun sighed. “It’s not that hard to understand.”

“I mean I understand but…why the sudden change of heart?” Chanyeol asked while not really knowing what to make of this whole situation.

“Does it matter?” Baekhyun asked with a raised eyebrow. “Are you saying you don’t want to?”

“What? No!” Chanyeol reassured. “Ok! I’ll pick you up tomorrow!” Chanyeol said giddily as Baekhyun turned around to leave with a smile.

Chanyeol leaned against a random locker and brought a hand up to his forehead to check if he was sick or not. “Did that just happen?” He asked himself out loud.

“Actually,” A voice said breaking Chanyeol from his thoughts, “Come with me now.”

“What? Ok.” Chanyeol said as he saw Baekhyun standing and waiting for him. “Where do you want to go?”

“You’re taking me out.” Baekhyun said while turning around and exiting the school doors. He didn’t know what he was doing. He didn’t really plan on making this happen with Chanyeol, but something in his heart was telling him to just stop being so stubborn.

Outside he may be seen as cold and a , but inside he was just someone who craved for someone to love him like his parents never did. He’s never had someone cherish him and treat him like a king. Maybe it was a bit selfish to agree to go out with Chanyeol just because he wanted the affection the boy would give him, but maybe he would grow feelings for him eventually.

As they neared Chanyeol’s car Baekhyun couldn’t help but question if he wanted to go through with this. Chanyeol drove what looked like a 2000 Honda of some sort. Not only was it a cheap brand car, but it was centuries old.

“You know what? Maybe-” Baekhyun started but was cut off by a frantic Chanyeol.

“I can get my parents car!” He blurted. “It’s better!”

Baekhyun looked unconvinced, but he found himself agreeing when he saw Chanyeol about to bite off his bottom lip. He rolled his eyes and got into the car as Chanyeol unlocked the doors. He hoped he wouldn’t end up regretting this.

“So,” Chanyeol said while getting into the driver’s seat, “Um, where to?”

“Your house? Thought we were switching cars.” Baekhyun said with an eyebrow raised. Did he already forget?

“Oh! Yeah I forgot! My bad!” Chanyeol said nervously while attempting to put the keys into the ignition. Like the klutz he is, he accidentally dropped the keys while trying to insert them into the key hole and turned a deep shade of red. Of course he would end up embarrassing himself in front of Baekhyun.

“Uhh.” Chanyeol mumbled. “I dropped the keys.”

“Clearly.” Baekhyun said with an unamused expression taking over his facial expressions. He can still get out of this car right now and pretend this never happened. He’d give Chanyeol ten seconds to get the keys and turn on the car before he got out.

10…9…8…7…6…5…4…3…2…

“Got them!” Chanyeol said as he held the keys up with a triumphant smile. He turned to face Baekhyun, “Alright, let’s go.” He said as he successfully the car this time.

Baekhyun sighed and looked out the window from his side of the car. He was really doing this, he was going to try and let Chanyeol convince him this was a good idea.

After a few seconds, Chanyeol put the car in reverse and pulled out his parking spot. He was gripping the steering wheel extra tight out of nervousness because he really didn’t want to mess this up with Baekhyun. After what happened last night, Chanyeol thought Baekhyun would be furious or at least a little irritated, but he here is looking…sad if anything.

“Something wrong?” He asked when Baekhyun didn’t attempt to initiate conversation.

“Kai really likes Kyungsoo huh?” Baekhyun asked without looking in Chanyeol’s direction. He starred out the window as Chanyeol pulled out of the school parking lot and began to drive towards his own house.

“Yeah…” Chanyeol smiled, “A lot actually.”

“I could tell.” Baekhyun whispered.

“Does it upset you?” Chanyeol asked, he knew the answer but he still found it was only nice of him to ask. He also knew the answer would hurt his feelings a bit, but he couldn’t expect Baekhyun to just get over Kai and start loving him. After all, they unofficially broke up last night so it wouldn’t even be logical of him to make that conclusion.

“I don’t know…” Baekhyun honestly didn’t. At first he was pissed, beyond pissed actually. He wanted to just strangle Kyungsoo for just coming in and trying to ruin everything, but after he thought about it he was only mad at himself. The fact that he threatened Kai by telling him that he would sleep with the principle did nothing but make him feel cheap and worthless. Not only that, but he was forcing Kai to go out with him which did nothing but make the other resent him anyways.

Baekhyun didn’t know what he was doing. He didn’t know what he was supposed to be doing. He wished he had guidance, someone to tell me when he does wrong and when he does right, but he doesn’t have anyone in his life willing to do that.

“Well don’t let it.” Chanyeol said as he noticed Baekhyun losing himself in his own thoughts, “Kai is happy with Kyungsoo and Kyungsoo is happy with him. I know you feel like you should be sad, but are you really sad that Kai doesn’t like you? Or are you just sad the most popular guy in school is going out with someone else?”

Baekhyun turned to face Chanyeol who seemed nervous. He smiled to himself thinking it was kind of cute how nervous Chanyeol seemed to be right now while talking to him. “I already know why I thought I liked him.” He said which caused Chanyeol to look back at him.

“Oh?” He said as an indication for Baekhyun to continue.

“Idiot I was basically just saying you were right. I know Kai likes Kyungsoo a lot, and I don’t even think I’m in love with him the way I told myself I was.” Baekhyun said while drawing his name in the window’s built up condensation. “It’s just my status and popularity is important to me.”

Chanyeol nodded his head in understanding. “I get it.”

“I don’t really think you do.” Baekhyun said softly. Chanyeol may think he understands, but he doesn’t really know to the extent Baekhyun was talking about.

“No, I do trust me.” Chanyeol said while stopping at a red light. He turned to face Baekhyun with what looked like a sad smile before continuing, “It’s not easy being ‘poor’ and popular. Everyone always talks about their parents flying them all over the planet and buying them new expensive cars and clothes while my parents could barely afford to pay for this old car.”

It was then that Baekhyun realized that he never really considering that about Chanyeol. He’s never considered how the taller felt about his life and his situation. He’d been so busy moping about his own life that he hadn’t really stopped to realize that other people had it bad as well.

“It doesn’t help that my best friend is one of the richest guys in school.” Chanyeol said while letting out a small laugh, “Being best friends means we are constantly compared and pitted agains

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter