Mother is Always Right

Mean Guys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo laid on his bed and stared at his phone screen. A whole week had passed since the incident at the party and then at the school and since then he had not gotten a single text from Kai. Not asking if he was Ok or anything, Kai had seemed to completely erase Kyungsoo from his life.

Despite it, Kyungsoo wasn’t mad. He knew he had no right to be. Kai was right after all. He had changed, and it most definitely was not for the best. The popularity had gotten to his head and consumed his entire life. It became a sick obsession, but it wasn’t until now that Kyungsoo realized that being popular isn’t all that it’s played out to be.

He felt like an empty shell of his former self. Nothing he did actually made him happy, and the attention he got from guys at school no longer made him feel good. The only thing it made him feel was cheap. Guys only wanted to make out with him or to sleep with him. No one actually wanted a relationship with him, and no one especially wanted to get to know him considering his reputation.

Ask Kyungsoo this a few months ago and he would tell you how impossible this whole scenario is, and he could only think: Where did everything go wrong?

He grabbed his phone and entered his passcode, 0112, before looking through his old pictures. He smiled at the photos taken by Xiumin of him and Chen, they all looked so happy together. It was of course before popularity had really been any of Kyungsoo’s concern.

Kyungsoo quickly went through all of the old pictures and slowed down as the pictures continually got more recent. He stopped on a picture of Kai kissing him on the cheek and rubbed his finger on the screen, as if that would somehow comfort his hurting heart. He wanted to feel Kai again, he wanted to feel the younger’s skin under his hands.

It seems like it was only yesterday that Kai was smiling brightly down at him, pinching his cheeks and asking him if wanted anything to eat before heading home. It was then that Kyungsoo began to relive every moment they shared together. Every scene he could think of flashed into his mind and he suddenly felt like crying. He closed his eyes and willed the tears though, he had cried a little too much in the past week. He had no friends, and the person that mattered the most was avoiding him like he was a plague.

“Honey?” His mom asked as she knocked on the door.

“I’m not here.” Kyungsoo groaned before slipping under his comforter.

“You are not skipping school today.” She said from the other side of the door.

“But mom-“

“Now look here,” Sooyeon said barging into his room with a frown. “Just because you’re upset Mr. Perfect isn’t talking to you does NOT give you the authority to dismiss yourself from school.”

“But-“

“Up. NOW.” She demanded while pointing to his closest indicating he needed to pick out school clothes.

“Fine.” Kyungsoo mumbled. “It’s fine. I’ll go to school like you want. I mean, it’s not like everyone hates me. No it’s OK, I’m going to go to school like you want.”

“Oh stop it.” His mother rolled her eyes. “You’ll be getting no pity from me. You brought this on yourself.”

“It’s Baekhyun’s fault.”

“No, it’s yours.”

“Mom, you don’t even know the whole story.”

“I don’t need to know the whole story to know that the only person telling you what to do is you. Baekhyun has no power to make you do half the things you did, let alone a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter