Escape my suffocating world

In the winter heart

I opened my eyes and yawned. It was already morning. Last night I fall asleep a bit too early. I was tired.

I walked all the day around this ski resort and after a long shower to warm my frozen lungs I lay down on the bed and in a split of a second I was dead asleep. Nothing made me more tired in the last year than the walk I took yesterday. And I was happy to be all by myself and relax. Stay away from the place I suffered so much.

Yesterday I meet a guy. That moron thought I was a girl! Stupid guy! Is he blind? I know I have long hair, I haven’t cut it and I might be mistaken as a girl but please, after I talk to him for more than two hours he told me ‘beautiful girl’ and he didn’t figure out I was a boy.

It was funny. Yeah, at first it was funny, but I got angry and left him dumb founded in front of my hotel.

 I yawn again and rolled in the big bed.

Man, this bed is really soft! And I open my eyes not wanting to get up. I’m still mad about that idiot who made me a girl a few hours ago.

I went to the bathroom and prepared myself for the new day. I am hungry and I want to eat something. It is still early and the restaurant is not open yet. So I will lay in the bed for a few more minutes.

I took the camera and checked the pictures I made yesterday. Want to see some of them?

 

I’m not a girl but I do have long hair.

That idiot! Mistaking me with a girl.          

Well, maybe I do look like one. My mom..... used to call me ‘my little princess’ because she said I have bright eyes.

I live in England. I didn’t saw Korea since now. I came here to see my country a month ago (trying to forget the tragedy happened 6months ago) and because I heard this ski resort is the best in Korea I came here.

 I will be staying here for at least two months more. Then I’ll go back to Seoul. And my friend will be moving from London in Seoul with me too. I miss him.

I found in my camera photos with him. He is like my brother. I am still laying in my bed now.

I was angry because of that stupid guy. What was his name? Min Ha? MinHo? Yea, MinHo.

He is tall, black hair, nice and good body, warm smile and deep eyes. I liked him and maybe we can became friends. That if he realise I am a boy. I haven’t told him my name. What he will think if I tell him? I think I will let him to discover by himself. That’s better. Until he doesn’t realise I won’t tell him. But what if I never meet him again?

That’s not possible. He told me yesterday he came here with his company and he’ll be staying a few months. So probably I’ll run into him again sooner or later.

But what’s with me? Why do I care if I see him again? Maybe because I think he’ll be a good friend. As I already told you, I don’t have many friends. My girlfriend abandoned me two months ago. But let’s not talk about her. It’s still too painful.

And yeah, I want that MinHo guy to be my friend. I am not an open person. Because I faced many problems in my life I learn to keep the distance to the people because I don’t want to get hurt again. And my friend from England, Key is the only person I feel so attached. We are friends since we were very, very little.

Yesterday meeting MinHo I felt the closeness I feel only with Key. Still, a different closeness but I felt ok with him around.

͌

The restaurant at the hotel I am is a bit too cold for my liking. At least it should be warm created. The atmosphere in the restaurant is cold and I don’t like the way it is placed. However, to replace this, the food is amazing! And can you believe they have banana milk here! And I can’t wait to taste it!

I am eating now my breakfast and outside it is snowing. I am thinking if I should go snowboarding or maybe I should ski today. It’s hard to choose. I like both. Hopefully I won’t meet again that MinHo guy.

But thinking a bit, I would like to meet him again.

Ah, I’m such a mess. It’s because of that Yi Reong! I hate her! She ruined my family!

“If you have a bad day........” my phone started to ring and I smiled, knowing it is probably Key.

“Hyung, what are you doing?” I asked him in a happy voice. I missed him so much! It’s been a few weeks since I saw him.

“Hey Taemin, I’m fine, but what about you? Are you ok? Eating well, sleep enough?” he asked me like a mom, still carrying about me, now more than anything. He’s such nice, I am very grateful because if he wasn’t there for me... I don’t know what would happen to me.

“Yeah, of course. I am here at this ski resort, talking care of me and pamper me.” I laughed and he made ‘tsch’ sound.

“Well, I’m glad to hear that. You deserve it after all this mess.” He told me and my smile faded.

“But let’s talk about something else.” He told me happy.

“I have news for you! Look, I told you I’ll be moving there in Korea with you in a  month. But I changed my mind!” he told me and I almost screamed. I knew he changed his mind and he’ll be moving here quicker.

“I’ll be there in a week or two.” He told in a ceremonious voice. I covered my mouth with my palm to not scream happy and scare the others customers in the restaurant and my smile covered almost all my face. I had a big grin on my lips.

“Yey, Key! I’m so glad. I feel very alone here.”

“Why did you left England alone? You should have waited for me! It’s all your fault. My university is over today and I can take my diploma Monday. So, after I pack all and take my ticket, I’ll be heading to Korea. Wait for me and be nice!”

“Okay. I can’t wait Key!” I told him exited.

“Did you make friends there? At least one you should. Tell me everything; I have time to stay at the phone.” He told me and I took a deep breath.

“I didn’t have time to make friends. But I meet a guy, is the owner of the building I moved and we will be living. It’s a nice guy and he helped me even with the boxes and everything. You’ll love the building. It’s big, it has 13 levels and we will be staying at the 13rd one.”

“Oh, okay. As long as it has elevator I don’t mind the level. Honestly.” He told me and I nodded besides he couldn’t see me.

“And the neighbour is the guy who owns the building. He is living right next to where we will be living.”

“Okay, great. But, will you come from that ski resort when I’ll be in Korea? Should I go there and let my bags and come where you are?” Key asked me and I thought for a second.

“I think it’s better for me to come there, pick you up from the airport and then put your stuff and then come back here. We can spend a few nights in Seoul and then come here.” I told him thinking about the fact that I don’t want to leave this beautiful place for at least two months.

“Perfect. Sounds great!”

“Oh, and Key, let me tell you something funny.”

“What?”

“Yesterday I spend almost the entire day walking and at ski. I meet a guy. He thought I was a girl. After we spend almost two hours talking he call me ‘beautiful girl’ and I was angry for a second but back in the hotel room I laughed. It’s funny right? I didn’t take his number to meet him again, however.” I told him and I heard him laugh for a few seconds.

“That’s amazing Taemin! God, how could he mistake you with a girl?” he kept laughing and I my lips smiling wide.

“Well, I have long hair, right? And my eyes are pretty small, so I guess sometimes I look like a girl.”

“Yeah. I think so. And what did he said when you told him you are a boy?” he asked me and I wondered why I didn’t tell him? I don’t know why. Maybe because I wanted to make him realise my true gender.

“Well, I...kind of haven’t told him.” I said and closed my eyes like I was waiting for a bomb to explode. Key is not the type to scream, not at all, but I was waiting for his reaction and I could tell how will be. He’ll probably say it’s wrong, that I should tell the poor boy and became friends.

“Taemin, you should tell him you’re a boy. And you could be friends. Come on, you were dressed because of the cold weather, and he couldn’t tell if you are a boy or a girl. Bad boy, Taemin!” Key told me laughing and I rolled my eyes.

“Well, I will tell him. But I was thinking to let him figure out. And he’ll apologize.”

“You say like you want to meet him again.” Key said in a teasing voice.

“Well, maybe I do want.” I said in a small voice and Key laughed.

“Ok. Taemin, I need to hung up. I’ll call you later.”

“Okay, bye.”

“Bye.” I ended the call and smiled. I finished my lunch (and my banana milk, that tasted amazing!!!) and went outside, deciding to go and ski for a couple of hours. 

 

A/N: Here is the first chapter ^_^ 

Sorry for this blue color, is hurting your eyes reading. Blue will be MInho's point of view. 

Credit to the owners of the pics I used. 

Do not copy, plagiarize, or re post it. I will report it as soon asap.