Something like Honeymoon in Hell

In the winter heart

When he released me I got up and cleaned my clothes. I steal a glance at him between my long bangs and he covered his eyes with one of his hands. He was angry.

“Damn!” I heard him say and hit with his foot a tree. I took a step closer and he turned.

“Oh, does it hurt?” he asked and I didn’t know what he meant. Then I remembered he hit me. I held my hand on the cheek and I felt that place like burning.

“It’s all red.” He stated.

Yeah, maybe. You hit me you moron! I thought. But still, I believe I deserved this.

“Let’s go. I live a street away from here.” He said slowly and put his hand over my shoulder. I felt a chill down my spine feeling him so close but I like it. I like so much!

“I will give you some ice to put there. It’s getting too red.” He kept mumbling. I just hold my cheek with my hand not dare to say a word.

“Does it hurts?” he asked and I nodded not looking at him. He hold his other hand on my shoulder and rubbed it both with his long fingers. I could feel his heart beat in the back of my left shoulder as he still hold me in his arms and lead me to his house. He said he live a street away. After a few steps I felt my cheek swollen and I whimpered. It does hurt.

“Sorry. I am sorry.” He slowly said.

“For what?” I said barely moving my lips afraid of him.

“I hit you. I ... am sorry. I didn’t meant to hit you. I just wanted to punish you. Look, Taemin, I ... really don’t know how this could happen.”  I just look at my foots and didn’t dare to look up. Minho stopped in front of a big building and took out his keys. He opened the door and I entered. He called for the elevator and he let me enter first. He live at the 12 floor.

I look around at the big living room and it was pretty nice. Minho turned the lights on and the apartment filled with light. I rubbed my left arm letting my cheek uncovered. It didn’t hurt so much but I felt it swollen. Minho put my bag with oranges on the table and sat me on the couch. It was cream colored and had three big puffy pillows. When he left the living room and went to the kitchen to bring me a bag with ice I took a pillow in my arms and held it to my chest. It felt so warm and comforting. I could smell MinHo’s scent in it and I smiled hiding half of my face in that pillow. I closed my eyes and tried to imagine Minho in the place of that pillow. It was so nice.

“Taemin?” I heard him say my name and opened my eyes. He was in front of me, sitting on the small table in front of me. I blushed and he showed me the bag. He put it on my cheek. It hurt so much! I squealed feeling the cold on my face and my dry lips. Minho look at me with interest.

“I’m sorry Taemin. I didn’t meant to hurt you.” He said then removed the bag. He brushed his finger over my bruised cheek and then caressed my jaw.

“It’s swollen.” He said and put the ice bag back on my cheek. I closed my eyes feeling so cold. My poor cheek. He then sat next o me on the couch, in my left part.

He took the remote and turned the tv on. I hold the bag with ice on my right cheek and watched as MinHo changed the channels. Nothing was interesting and he sighed.

“Let’s watch a movie, shall we?” he asked and I nodded.

“But first, aren’t you hungry? I am. I will go and see what we have in the fridge.” He said and left me alone in the living room. I approached the stand with CDs and look at the various movies he had. Why does Minho act so weird? I asked while looking at the CDs. He said watch a movie then left to prepare food. Isn’t it a bit strange? At first he punch me. Then kiss me, and now brought me home to help me with my bruised cheek. And now watch a movie and eat together. He is acting strange.

“Taemin, I heated some food. Come here.” He called me from the kitchen. I let the CDs and entered slowly. He had a blue apron and a big smile on his face.

“Come on. I am so hungry. I didn’t eat dinner. Did you had dinner?” he asked and said no.

 I left my apartment this evening to take a walk. I felt like suffocating in there alone. Key is at the resort with Jonghyun. Seems like their relationship is slowly beginning. I insisted to Key to stay there with Jonghyun and I came here to clean my mind and also to stay away from Minho. Well, I still didn’t asked him what is he doing in Seoul. Did he came to look for me? And my walk last longer than I thought. Coming back I stopped at the shop where I meet MinHo. Is 20 minutes far from my apartment but closer to Minho’s. So, now I know where he lives. I am just wondering what our relationship will be from now on.

“So, what are you doing in Seoul? Did you...” I stopped and he look at me sitting on a chair in front of me. I remain with the spoon in my hand words stuck in my throat.

“I had a few meetings  here. I am in Seoul since yesterday and I didn’t thought I will meet you.” He told me guessing my question.

“In didn’t came to find you. Honestly I thought you were in England.” I look up.

“I thought you left Korea for England. Key didn’t wanted to tell me where are you. At first he resisted but then he told me you are in Seoul. And when Mr. Wo needed me here I thought I could come and find you. Remember you told me your address from here? Well, I was about to visit you tomorrow morning.” I look at him and nodded. I forgot I told him where I live in Seoul.

“And I just finished a meeting with the owner of the building. The one at the resort. And also we are starting a new project. The renovation of a flat. Not far from here.” He said.

After we ate, 10 minutes later I felt my cheek start to swollen again. I put my palm over my poor right cheek and MinHo came closer letting his apron on the chair.

“Does it hurt?” he asked and brushed his thumb over my skin. It was a bit swollen and I had a small bruise there, right in the middle of my cheek.

“I really regret for hitting you.” He said and I smiled.

“Don’t worry Minho. It’s ok. I guess I deserve this.” I told him and he shacked his head.

“No way. I shouldn’t hit you. It looks swollen and red.” We went to the living room and I shacked my hands to dry. I washed the dishes and I didn’t dry my hands with a towel. I use to let them dry by themselves.

Minho took the bag with the ice from the basket and put it on my cheek. We both stay like that for like 5 minutes, looking in each other eyes but not say a word.

“You said you want to watch a movie.” I said when the silence was too embarrassing. He nodded.

“Did you have any preference? A horror one? A romance? Maybe action?” he approached the stand with the CDs and I followed him..

“No. I don’t know. You choose.” I said and he looked at me. He was standing on his knees and I sat next to him still holding my icy bag.

“Then what about this?” he showed me a CD. I took it and I read the name. It was a nice movie. I heard of it but didn’t had the chance to see it. I told Minho about it and he smiled.

“Then let’s watch it.” He put the CD on and came on the sofa. He sat on my left part and I took a pillow in my arms to get warm.

“I think is a bit romantic with a taint of drama, and also horror. Most of it is horror.” He said like he wasn’t talking to me. I look at him and he went to turn off the lights.

The room filled with a warm dark and the only light was coming from the tv. He started the movie and went to the kitchen putting the movie on pause.

“Minho, take these oranges.” I screamed after him. I hurried in the kitchen and took a knife. He cut some apples, avocado and I cut my oranges. We put them on a plate and Minho prepared some pineapple juice. We took them in the living room and he drank a cup of juice.

“Ah, I love it. It’s my favourite juice. And fruit.” He told me and I smiled. We were both standing on the floor, in front of the little table with my back on the sofa. He was next to me.

“I like more oranges. I could eat a lots and don’t get sick.” I said and smiled. Minho laughed.

“I understand. My second favourite is oranges.”

“Once I eat 14 oranges and I got sick. Unfortunately. But I was little. I was 18.” I blushed.

“You are not little at that age. Little you are when you are under 16. You are just kid at that age.” He told me and I blushed.

“I think I am still a kid.” I blushed and he ruffled my hair. It was tied in a long pony tail and some of my bangs were covering my eyes.

“You are little. You are just a little kid who doesn’t know it’s not ok to lie. Especially lie about being a girl.” he told me and I look down. I took my last bit from my apple and he put his hand on my shoulder.

“I’m sorry.” I mumbled.

“It’s ok, but never do that again.” He said and we moved back in the sofa, took my pillow in my arms and he sat next to me in my left part. He took the remote and the movie started. I look at the clock. It was almost 10pm. Maybe the movie won’t last so much and I still get back home before midnight. 

 

The movie was great. Lots of scary moments but I wasn’t afraid. I didn’t jump not only once. I wondered if Taemin was scared. It passed more than 40 minutes since the movie started and I haven’t see him move an inch. It was dark in the room and the only light was from the tv. I turned to look at him and his face was lighted by the tv. His cute face was lightly smiling and he his lips. His eyes didn’t leave the tv. I smiled at his cute face. He laughed a bit at the scene and look at his fingers.

I followed the line of his little nose, then moved to his small cheek. Slowly I draw the line of his jaw and couldn’t stop but brush my fingers over his cheek skin. He looked up and I smiled. I just didn’t want to stop and leaned forward, still brushing with my thumb his jaw. His eyes never left mine and his small lips opened a bit. I brushed with my thumb his soft lips and then I kiss him. An open-mouthed wet kiss. Barely felt this soft lips. He didn’t moved just close his eyes standing there, with his mouth open and waiting for me to do the next move.

I closed my mouth in a noisy kiss and he did the same, answering my kiss. I kept kissing him like that. Barely touching his lips and wetting them with my tongue. He followed my every move and I loved the way he didn’t try to dominate or deepen the kiss.

It was sweet to fell his puffy lips. When I realise what I was doing I stopped with my lips still lightly touching his. It didn’t last long our kiss but it felt like forever. And I didn’t wanted to stop.

I look at him and he opened slowly his eyes.

“Taemin... “ I started to say but stopped. I brushed once more my thumb over his jaw and look down, at the pillow in his arms.

“Taemin our relationship ... we just can’t be.” I said.

 

A lots of cold chills ran down my spine when I heard him.

“We are both boys.” He added. I nodded slowly not knowing what to say.

“And ... I ... it’s hard. I don’t know... “ he tried to say something but his words didn’t came out. I think I understand what he mean. He is so unarticulate this evening.

“Taemin, what I want to say is...  I don’t know ... what is going on between us. We are both men. And ... I don’t think is ok for us... to be... together?” he finished. Oh, God, I knew he would say such a thing. What am I suppose to say now?

“I know, Min Ho. But you said you... fall for me?” I asked not knowing what else to say and blushing really hard after I said those words.  ‘fall for me’. Ah, it sounds so exciting and embarrassing.

“I do. I am. I said it.” He mumbled.

“But.. I thought you were a girl.” please don’t say we can’t be together just because we are both man!

“What relation can we have if you are a boy?” he asked me. I look at him. A song broke our eye contact and both turned to look at the tv. It was a romantic scene. A girl was kissed by the boy in the main role. I look back at my pillow laying in my lap. We are now both facing each other, my left knee on the sofa and he was turned to look at me.

“Taemin, we just can’t.” he finished. First he kiss me and then he tells me how our relationship can’t be. Like I was in Heaven then in hell.

“Someone told me once that love takes you in 9th heaven and then... she let you fall from there.” I said and look down sad. He took my cheek and made me look in his eyes.

“I know. But it’s the same for me.” he told me nodding his head. I bitted my lips and tried again.

“What about Key and Jonghyun?” I asked.

“They... I don’t know what kind of relation they have but for me it’s different.” He told me and I ruffled my hair.

“They are together. They are in love.” He nodded.

“Yeah. But I am different from Key and Jonghyun.” he told me.

“I’m sorry.” He finished. I shacked my head and smiled sad.

“It’s ok. I can understand. Don’t worry. It’s ok.” I told him and he smiled.

“Thanks for understanding me. It’s hard for me to be in a relationship with a boy. I don’t know. I must ... wait and ... I don’t know. Not yet. I am very confused.” He said and I put my palm over his shoulder.

“It’s ok Minho. Just... let’s be friends, ok? It will be ok. I know that.” A big smile appeared on his face. I must let him to understand himself and understand his feelings. At least I have his friendship. And if we can’t be together, and he will never accept me as his half I will be his friend. And that’s ok. For me. I guess.

 

I sighed relaxed now. Taemin understands me and I am very happy. But will I be able to stay by his side as a friend? Will I be able to not hug him, kiss him? Not even once? I don’t know but I’ll see. And I’ll try. Taemin turned to look at the movie and I did the same.

The movie was on but I just couldn’t focus on it. Another 20 minutes passed and I couldn’t get out of my head the kiss we just shared. It was so wonderful and I felt like melting in it. I loved it.  His soft lips and his skin were like the touch of water. Warm and soft. I look back at him and he laughed slowly looking at the movie. His head was now on the back of the couch and his eyes never left the tv. I only see the tip of his head. His bangs fall on my sofa. I wanted to touch it. To ran my fingers in his hair.

I look at the tv and I swear I tried to focus but I couldn’t. I could feel his lips on mine. So soft and amazing. The first kiss was more fiercefull, leaving me with no memory of how his lips were. But this kiss was soft and gave me the opportunity to fell Taemin’s lips like I was touching a river water. I liked my lips and I stopped me from turn and kiss Taemin again. I look at the clock when I soft noise filled the room. It was midnight. The clock announce it with a short click.

 But I do turned when I felt a soft touch on my shoulder. His head fall on my shoulder and his breath was peaceful. I look at his closed eyes and smiled. He look so angelic when he sleeps. I kissed the tip of his head and closed my eyes, paused for a second more to inhale his wonderful smell. He use a nice shampoo. It smelled like cinnamon and I like it. His hair was soft against my lips.

I slowly took him in my arms to not wake him up and took him to my room. It was the only room I had with mattress. I could prepare another bed for me in another room. I put him in the pillow and a soft sight escaped his lips. I caress his cheek for a second then I pulled the blankets over his thin body. 

Closing the door to my room I leaned for a second over the door room and smiled. He is so cute and make me feel like I never felt this before.

A/N Credit to the owner of the pics I used.