Mistletoe

In the winter heart

The day slowly faded away and the night took over the big resort. I closed the balcony door and pull the curtains to cover most of the window. A small knock on my door and Key’s head pop in.

“Hey, hello.” He said in a small voice but with a biiiiggggg grin on his pretty face.

“Hey.” I said and he entered.

“I’m back. And I’m a bit hungry. Want to eat?” he asked me and I nodded.

“Let’s go in the kitchen and you can tell me how it goes.” I told him and he nodded smiling.

He was out for a date with Jonghyun. And I could read on his face it was cool. We entered the kitchen and Key smiled putting his apron.

“I’ll cook today and your turn is tomorrow, ok?” I nodded and gave him the vegetables.

“So, tell me how it go?” I said and he stopped, he turned to face me and look at the ceiling a big smile and sweet appeared on his face.

“It was so nice! At first when we meet he brought me a scarf. A yellow one and I melted when his eyes meet mines and our fingers touched. It was so super romantic and cute.”

“Wow, he brought you a scarf? Nice.” I said and Key nodded starting to prepare dinner.

“Yes, it’s the one I had around my neck when I entered. I let  it on the sofa in the living-room.” He told me and I went to take it.

“Wow, so smooth. I like it.”

“I think he poured some perfume on it. It smells just like him.” Key blushed and I raised an eyebrow.

“Now that’s really romantic and cheesy. I wouldn’t do such a thing.” I said and then shacked my head.

“No, I would do it for MinHo.” I laughed and Key laughed too.

“See, you like him!”

“Yes. I do.” I said sad.

“And then we went to the skating place. We didn’t stay  for a long time there. About an hour or so, and then he took me to a shop and buy me a cookie. Something specific this place and we walked around for a while. The air got cold and we went to a coffee shop and drink a hot tea.”

“Nice. It was a romantic date, not a simple date with a friend I guess.” I said and he nodded.

“It seems he likes me too. I thought we just hang out together. I do like him and if it would be just a hangout it would hurt me a bit.” He said.

“He is a romantic person as I see and this isn’t just a friendship relationship.” I said and Key smiled.

“Let me finish tell you.” He blushed.

“I went to that coffee shop with him and it had an aquarium there.”

“Ah, I know it. I love that place. The aquarium has three yellow fish. You saw them? I want to buy a fish like that and make my own aquarium. It would be nice.”

“Yeah. I know. Anyway, I went to look at the fishes and Jonghyun followed me. After we watched for a few minutes the fishes we left and in our way back here we stopped at the Christmas tree in the resort square. And guess what?”

“What? Something happened?”

“Yes. It started to snow. Slow snowflakes started to fall and I looked up. Above us it was a mistletoe.” He smiled.

“Omg! And... you two kiss?” I asked curious. He nodded.

“And? How it was? Tell me!” I demanded and he hide his face under the kitchen towel.

“It was amazing. He turned to look at me when he noticed the mistletoe. He smiled and said something like ‘it’s a mistletoe. We... are suppose to kiss.’ And he leaned forward. He cupped my cheeks and I felt like burning. From embarrassment. And he kissed me. Of course, it wasn’t a chaste kiss. At first he just pressed my lips. and then he looked back in my eyes. I opened my eyes too and smiled. He then kissed me again. It was a long and hot kiss.”

“Oh, Key! But... tell, it was with the tongue?” I asked in a whisper, scared someone could hear me in the big empty apartment. (yeah, right!)

“Ewww... Taemin! That’s embarrassing, don’t ask such a thing. And yes, for your information, it was with the tongue. He my bottom lip so I had to open my mouth and let him in.”

I covered my eyes with my palms and I knew I was very red.

“Key, that’s so awkward! Don’t tell me more.”

“You asked for it.” He turned and I was very red.

We spazzed like crazy for a few minutes and then the dinner was ready.

~

I received a call from Jonhyun telling me he is with Onew and some other two friends at the club and if I want to go I am invited.

“Sorry man I call you after we are here. I just meet my friends here and then I called Onew. He is here already. Come here too.” He told me and I sighed. I was on my bed, enjoying a silent night.

“Uh, I don’t know. I’m tired Jonghyun. Do I have to come?”

“Yes you have to. I’m with my boyfriend and his friend. Come here to meet him. Come on man!” he said and I sighed again, looking at the ceiling. But it was so nice here, in the room, warm.

“Ok. I’ll be there in 15 minutes.” I said and ended the call.

 

I approached Jonghyun and he just ended a call.

“I called my friend and he’ll be here in a few minutes.” He told me and I nodded.

What friend I asked myself. He was right next to Key and Onew went to the  bar. How I ended here with them? Well, Key took me out and before I realise it, he took me to meet Jonghyun. He called Onew and before I could blink he was here. Oh god, if MinHo finds the truth form one of the guys over here I’ll be dead.

And I couldn’t stop wondering what friend he just called. Maybe MinHo? If I am right he will come and I can’t hide my gender. I went out the club and dialled HeeChul’s number. He was out for dinner. This late? Yeah, seems he eats late.

“What am I going to do HeeChul if MinHo is the one suppose to come.”

“Taemin don’t panic. Just call him and ask him out. For a date. Call him and tell him to meet in a another place and then you stay with him and he cannot meet his other friends.” I understand what he said and found this a good plan.

God help me!

I dialled MinHo’s number and waited to pick up.

“Come on, pick up, pick up.”

“Hello? Taemin~ah.” He said in a happy voice.

“MinHo, what are you doing? Let’s meet and go out. I want to eat some pancakes in that restaurant with the aquarium.” I said in a breath.

“Uh, I was suppose to meet with some friends. Tell you what. I’ll come and pick you up and we go with them. They are in a club.”

“NO! I mean... no, I want to go and eat some pancakes. I really want.” I said and hopped he’ll say yes.

“Fine. I’ll come and pick you up in 20 minutes. Are you at the hotel?” I looked around. I was in front of the club. Yeah, in 20 minutes I have time to say goodbye to Key, Onew and Jonghyun and go back to the hotel and wait for MinHo.

“Yeah, I’m in front of the hotel. I’ll wait for you inside.” Then another idea pop in my head. I could prepare some tea, or coffee and watch a movie in my apartment with him while I send a text message to Key to not appear with Jonghyun at home. Not till I send him another text message to tell him when MinHo left.

Aish, it’s a complicated plan and what did I learn about complicated plans? THEY NEVER WORK! I just hope this one will work and MinHo won’t find out tonight that I’m a boy.

I went then inside and dragged Key to talk to him.

“I must leave, MinHo is on his way here.” I kept explain him how the situation is and he nodded. He even understand how it goes to not bring Jonghyun in our apartment.

“It’s dangerous Taemin, but good luck.” He told me and I went to say goodbye to Onew and Jonghyun.

“Guys, I’m gonna leave. I’ll meet with someone. See you tomorrow?” I asked and Jonghyun grab my arm.

‘No, don’t leave. I called a friend and he’ll be here in a minute and then we all will have fun. Come on, stay Taemin~ah.” He asked me and I shock my head.

“Sorry I can’t.”

“Come on Taemin!” Onew said too.

“I can’t I have to go.” I run towards the door and exited the bar. I watched ,y watch. Aish, the time slipped. If I’m not late I might have luck. But already passed the 20 minutes Minho said it will take.

And the devil is not sleeping. He ruined my plan!

I saw MinHo approaching the club. Oh, someone kill me!

“Taemin~ah.... why are you here? Weren’t you home?” he asked and smiled.

“I... uh.... you know....” I tried to speak but failed.

I just wanted to take him from there and not meet the others.

“It’s good you are here. I came here to tell my friends I’m gonna meet  you and then I wanted to pick you up. Let’s go inside.” He told me and I swallowed hard.

“Let’s leave please. I need to eat those pancakes quickly.” I grabbed his hand and look him in the eyes with a pleading look.

“But wait, let’s talk for 5 minutes with my friends, since we are here.” He said I shock my head.

“Let’s just go. I don’t want to enter. It smells like... cigarets.” I lied.

Than the devil was really awake and ruined my plan.

Onew appeared in front of the club, with a drink in his hands and smiling.

“MinHo. You’re here.” He said. I cursed myself.

“Onew hyung.” MinHo smiled seeing him.

“Let me introduce you Taemin.” MinHo said.

“She’s the girl I told you about.” MinHo patted his shoulder and I let go his other arm. Now I’m dead.

“Girl?” Onew asked MinHo confussed.

“Yeah, the girl I told you, remember?”

“She?” Onew said showing me with his finger. Minho nodded.

“Are you stupid? He’s a boy!” Onew said and I felt like fainting.

 

 I look at Taemin and she bitted her lips. Onew’s words echoed in my head. He’s a boy?

“She... She’s Taemin... my friend.” I managed to say.

“MinHo, he’s a boy. And he is named Taemin.” Onew kept talking and I felt my words stuck in my throat. What the actual heck? Taemin is a ... boy?

“Onew... how can... Taemin?” I turned to look at her and she shacked in a bare noticed movement her head.

“Is he right?” I managed to ask but she turned and run away.

“Tae...” I tried to call her but the word died on my lips.

“MinHo. How could you... ?” Onew begined but he stopped.

What the actual heck? A girl ... a boy?