Plans and witches

In the winter heart

“Hyung let me tell you something funny.” I called my Onew hyung when I get back in the hotel because I remembered I forgot to tell my hyung what happened this morning. It was Thursday evening and the day was long and tiring.

 After I ate with Taemin... (Taemin, I can now call her like that J ) I went to the meeting  and it last 4 hours. My head was spinning and it wasn’t even the day end. I drink some pain killers and then continued my work till now.

 It’s 9.44pm and I want to take a bath. Still I took my phone and as soon I entered the room I called him. We just separated a few minutes but I need to talk to him.

“Something wrong?” Onew asked and I denied.

“It’s something about 2Min. I found her real name, Onew! Her real name! And you won’t believe which is.” I told him and he didn’t say anything waiting for me to talk.

“Her name is Taemin. Can you believe it? It’s a boy name and I bet she’s ashamed that’s why she didn’t say it to me.” I told him and he hummed.

“Maybe. But that’s the weirdest thing I ever heard. Really strange. I don’t know. I just find it odd.”

“Odd? Why Onew? Why odd?”

“It’s odd to name your child a boy name when she’s a girl.” I sighed. Onew was  right. It was pretty odd and I wondered what kind of parents would do that? Maybe the ones that wanted to have a boy instead of a girl.

“However, I’m glad I find it.”

“How did you find out?” he asked me and I closed my eyes, letting my head fall in the pillow on my bed. I sighed tired.

“I did what I never thought I could. I am ashamed for doing it but I had to.”

“Ok, just tell me what you did. Did you search in her bag while she wasn’t looking?” he asked me a bit annoyed. I wasn’t that kind of person, to look in someone’s belongings and it was awful to know Onew thought that about me.

He always had a good impression of me and I have a good impression about me too. No, really. Believe me, I don’t do this kind of creeps. It’s just I wanted to find her name. And I am a mature and honest person, so for me, this was kind of unusual to open her text message. It’s the first time I do such a thing and I promise it’s the last time.

“Nope. Worst. I opened a text message received from the cell phone while she was on the bathroom.” I said and I knew I  will be scolded for that.

“You did what?” Onew screamed and I pouted.

“I know I shouldn’t do this but I couldn’t help.”

“That’s so no you, MinHo. Why would you do that? It’s a shame! You would never do that.”

“I know. But I had to find her name.”

“Yeah. At least you find her name.” He said and I nodded.

“Yes. See, it was a good action.”

“Just don’t do it again.”

“You know I would never do it. Now I got to go Onew. I want to take a bath and get some sleep.”

I ended the call and remembered to call Taemin. I didn’t have time to call her today as I promised and she surely was puzzled this morning when I called her real name. Maybe she’s shocked and she wonders how I find out. I must tell her I’m sorry for looking in her phone.

...

I have talk to her and explain. She didn’t mind I opened the message and read it. I felt ashamed and asked her to forgive me. She did forgive me but her voice was strange. I don’t know why. She was angry because I didn’t call her earlier today?

~

This day was more awful than yesterday and the other day! It’s Saturday  and the most hard day since we all came here. My head hurts and the day isn’t even over. But today is a week since I first saw Taemin.

She was walking in the snow and I saw her from the telechair. So beautiful and innocent.

 Then later I saw her at the mushroom tree. I so want to go there again. I didn’t had enough time to visit that place again.

 This all project is taking much time from my free time than I thought. I barely have time to meet Taemin and spend a little time with her. Now the plan is almost ready and the construction team started the actions to change the front wall. It will take at least a few weeks.

Till then I must plan and design the interior of the new living room. Onew is working at the second level plans and I am still trying to figure out the new stairs. Is a bit hard this kind of work but I really enjoy be an architect. Last night I talk till late with Onew on the phone, besides he was a few rooms away from me but that’s ok.

~

I headed to the restaurant in a hurry. The elevator in the building was broken and I had to go using the stairs. I was so hungry. My stomach growled in pain and I couldn’t wait to eat.

Today is Saturday and I enjoy every single minute. Yesterday I went at the skating place and I spend there almost the entire day. Well, I came back from skating and then practiced a few more hours dancing. It’s tiring but I really hope everything will be alright.

I am a dance professional and I use to dance in tv shows, music video and others movies. I love to dance and it’s my hobby and also my job. Back in England I played in a few musicals on the theatre and I want my career to raise here in Korea too.

 

I sat on the table at the window and waited for my lunch. I ordered a hot soup and some potatoes. And also a banana milk.

I dialled my friend Key’s number and waited for him to answer. I honestly felt a bit alone these days. I didn’t meet MinHo since the day I came from Seoul, the day he find my real name. He read it in the text message I received from Jonghyun.

I didn’t get mad, I just hoped he would figure out I was a girl but he didn’t. He thought I hide my true name from him because my mom and dad gave me a boy name and I was embarrassed because of that. And since then, I couldn’t see him and talk properly with him. He was very busy yesterday and Thursday. It’s sad because I really wanted to see him, see him and tell him I’m a man. I think he doesn’t want to see the true me.

Key answered the phone and I smiled. I missed him so much!

“Key! How are you?”

“Taeminie! I’m fine, how are you?” I looked outside the window and the mountains were covered in snow. It was fog outside and shy snowflakes were falling.

“I am sad. I’m alone Key! When are you going to come here? It’s already a week since we talk and you said you’ll move in a week or two.” I said pouting and wanting so much for him to tell me he’ll be here soon.

“I will, Taeminie... I will come there Monday. In the evening I’ll be landing in Korea. You’ll wait for me at the airport?” I almost yelled hearing he’ll come so soon.

“Great Key. I can’t wait to see you. Did you finish all your problems there?”

“Yeah. Everything’s settle and I can’t wait to come.” I nodded. Tomorrow is Sunday and then Monday! I am so happy!

“Do you have time to pick me up?” he asked me and of course I would pick him up.

“Of course! Then we will came and spend the time here.” I said and he agreed.

“I haven’t told you something important Key. Lots of things happened here.”

“What? Did something bad happened?” he asked worried.

“No. Just... I told you about MinHo and he believes I’m a girl.” I started to say.

“Oh, so this means you kept seeing him. Why Taemin? What’s wrong with you?”

“That’s not the point. And yes, I kept seeing him and we get pretty well. We are good friends now.” I told him proud.

“That’s new. You don’t make friends easily. What happened? What’s him so special?”

“I don’t really know but he is an interesting person. And I feel close to him. But he still thinks I’m a girl.”

“My God Taemin. This is a situation like in dramas. Honestly, did you started to watch dramas recently and want to make your life into a drama?”

“No, no. But I can’t tell him. It will be a shock.” I said.

“You can’t ever live like a girl in his eyes. Unless you plan to change your gender.”

“No. I don’t plan this. Besides, I don’t really want to tell him. I want to let him figure out by himself.”

“I want to see when this will happen.” I sighed.

“And did he figure out you are a boy? Is he disappointed?”

“Not even! A few days ago, I meet him in the cafeteria and I left my phone on the table when I was at the bathroom. And I received a text message on my phone.” I paused and continued.

“He opened the text and read it. The problem was the message contained my name on it. And he saw it. Now he knows my real name and he didn’t figure out I am a boy. He still thinks I’m a girl.”

“Didn’t you explained to him?” Key asked not understanding yet.

“No. He believed mom and dad give me this name because they wanted a boy.”

“He’s stupid. What the hell, how could he not understand.”

“Yeah. Pretty weird. But one day he’ll figure out.”

“Let’s make him a prank. I’m curious if he figures out. Maybe you should give him some hints.”

“Nah. Let him be. As much time passes he’ll be more surprised. And I’ll enjoy the moment when I will say ‘I’m a boy’.”  I laughed and Key kept serious.

 

“MinHo!” Onew called me and I turned. A few boards fall right behind me but they didn’t hit me. That’s a lucky! He came quickly next to me and I looked at him. I was surprised and couldn’t react form the shock.

“Man, anything hurt you?” he shacked me and I looked at him.

“I’m fine. I’m just... surprised.” I said and then left that place with Onew. We went inside the house, at the 3rd level to talk. We were at the house we were working and the construction in the first level started. It was Saturday evening and I couldn’t wait for the end of the day. I so want a hot shower and sleep. Tomorrow I’ll be free and I can relax.

Onwe and I rolled the plans on the table in the middle of a room and started to measure some surfaces.

“So are you sure?” he asked me suddenly. I knew what was he talking about. But I was sure. I am a man with my foots on the ground right now.

“Yeah.” I replied slowly. I looked at him and he smiled.

“I think you are slowly falling. I can’t catch you.” He said and I looked at him.

I must confess that this girl is driving me crazy. I like her and my heart beats faster when I am closer to her. So I might fall for her. I am not sure.

“You are not yet madly in love but I can tell you like her.” I rolled my eyes and nodded slowly. Onew didn’t saw me. The silence answered him.

Maybe I am falling for her. But I won’t tell her. I need to know her better.

~ = ~

England. Evening. Heavy rain outside the window.

A beautiful woman with long black hair in a purple dress is standing on a  sofa, reading a newspaper. Another beautiful woman, a bit older enters the room and slam the door.

“Gosh, you scared me!” the first woman turns and sees the second one who just entered.

“Ae Min! You won’t believe what  I found out.” The older said nervous.

“Something wrong?” the younger asked her eyes not leaving the newspaper.

“Listen to me. Remember the man you broke up in Korea a month ago?” the younger nodded.

“I just found out by mistake that his parent are filthy rich.” She said and the younger just moved her gaze from the paper to her mom.

“So?” she finally asked.

“How can you say just ‘so?’? Are you dumb? We need to make a plan! And quickly! This is very important.” She said and the younger, AeMin, rolled her eyes.

“I abandoned him, mom! I can’t do anything more.” She said raising her voice.

“Remember how you dragged me from Korea to here, following your plan to marry that milionare you found? And what happened in the end? He abandoned you. Why? Because he had already a wife but you didn’t knew. I’m sick of your failed plans.” Ae Min started to scream at her mom and the older just sighed angry. She sat on the sofa waiting for her daughter to finish looking at her nails and faking a calm mood. When Ae Min finished she looked smiling and patted the place next to her, on the sofa.

“Ok, sit down. I have a plan.” The younger sat next to her mom and rolled her eyes again. The older took her daughter hands in hers and started to speak.

“He already loved you when you left. He is a handsome man and you can go back anytime in Korea and he’ll forgive you.” She said and her daughter sighed.

“Mom, he believes I left in France to follow my dream. And what happened? You drag me here.”

“That’s not the point! Look, you can go back and find him. He still care for you, I am sure and you can ask him to be together again. You know, all that bull of ‘I can’t live  without you, I came back because I realise how much I love you, you are my life etc’ and he’ll fall again.”

“And?” the younger asked and the older pointed a finger.

“You can trap him and marry him.”

“Don’t you remember what you did a few months ago? When you ruined that family? You want that story to repeat?” the younger remembered her mom what happened. The older threw a filthy look at her daughter.

“He didn’t wanted to divorce and marry me. So I had to kill them both.” She defended herself shrugging her shoulders and AeMin rolled her eyes annoyed and started to walk in the room nervous.

“You just drugged him and make him spend the night with you.”

The older fumed and looked at her daughter.

“Anyway! The point is... I have a plan to make that Korean fall for you and marry you as quick as possible. In a month maybe.” The daughter looked at her mom and sighed.