Small world

In the winter heart

“Hello?” the voice seemed happy and I looked at the phone.

“Taemin! What are you doing? Still sleeping, wake up man.” HeeChul said and I raised my head from the pillow. Last night I stay till late with Key and talk about our lives. That’s why today I slept more. I was tired and this call so early wake in a cruel way.

“Hey HeeChul. I’m a bit tired. What’s up?”

“What’ up man! Wake up. I’ll come to the resort where you are. We need to meet. Soon! What’s the place you are staying? I can’t wait to see you guys! Jonghyun is there too, right?” he kept talking. Well, he is a bit talkative this morning.

“Yeah, Jonghyun is here too. And what bring you here?”

“I will come there in vacation.” He said.

“Ok. But weren’t you in vacation in Paris?” I asked raising an eyebrow.

“I was. And I still want to come there. I will come and stay for a few days. Not to much.”

“Ah. Ok. I am here with key, my friend. You already meet him.” I said smiling in the pillow. I was so tired. I yawned and he screamed.

“Yah! Don’t sleep. Wake up. Today I’ll be there at 3pm. Be ready to take me to a ride after I get there.” He told me and I promised.

The time slipped so quick I didn’t realise and HeeChul was close to the resort. He call me and we meet. He didn’t rent any place and I took him to a hotel. He didn’t need a big apartment and I took him to the hotel where MinHo was staying.

“You know, I think here is my cousin.” He said and I didn’t understand what he means.

“My cousin’s name is Onew.” I gasped.

“I know Onew. I meet hijm yesterday. He knows Jonhyun and Key.”

“Oh, so we are in family here.” I sighed.

“Maybe we  can make a party and meet all. Me, Onew, you and Key and Jonghyun. and even more, we can go to a club. Surely there is a club here, around.” He said.

“Or we can make a party anything else. I don’t really like clubs. I mean, since I am no longer that young, I don’t like to go there. Only young people. What happened to our generation?” he said and pursued his lips.

“Hey, You are not that old. Don’t say that.” I patted his shoulder sitting at the table. We arrived at a restaurant to drink a coffee after HeeChul checked in.

“Sais the 20 years old kid!” he told me in a teasing voice.

“HeeChul!” I rolled my eyes.

“Do you know how old I am?” he asked me an I shacked my head.

“Not much than 25, maybe 26.” I said looking, better staring in his eyes and trying to guess his age. Well, I had a surprise aftr that.

“I’m 30!” he said and looked away embarrassed. My mouth formed a big O.

“You don’t look like 30! I’m sorry if I offended you in any way.” I said and he laughed.

“Calm down, you didn’t offended me. it’s just that I am older than you.” I nodded. Our drinks came. The waitress looked at me and smiled.

“So, you say you know my cousin Onew. I should call him and talk to him.” HeeChul took out his phone and dialled his cousin. I sighed. While he talk on the phone I wondered if I should tell him about MinHo.

Maybe he knows MinHo and then I am in big trouble. But maybe he doesn’t. But that’s not the point. The point is, maybe I can ask HeeChul what to do and being older, he surely has more experience than me and he can help. He can advice me what to do and not lose MinHo.

Then I took the decision to tell him. This situation might have a solution. With Heechul’s help I will be able to tell MinHo. I’m sure he knows how to help me.

“Look HeeChul. I need to talk to you. I need to tell you something.” He look at me with a question in his eyes.

“Something bad happened?”

“Yeah. I don’t know where to start and how to explain it to you. But first, you have to promise me you won’t tell anyone and you’ll help me.” he looked at me and slowly nodded.

“Man, you know I will help you no matter what. I am gonna do my best.” He said. It’s good to know him by my side.

“Look, I get in a ... trouble... and I don’t know what to do.” I said in a small voice.

“Trouble. How bad is it?”

“Bad. I just need an advice, nothing more. I don’t know how to act in this situation.” I said and he shacked his head.

“Only trouble knows this little kid to make me.” he said like he was talking about someone else and not me.

“Hey. Look, it’s a problem ... I don’t know what to do. Help Heechul.”

“First, tell me it involves love?” he asked and looked at me between his bangs.

“Yeah. It involves the person I ... like? Maybe even love.” I said and he nodded.

“Of course, I should have know. Do not worry my little prince. I will help you.”

“Ok. It all started a few weeks ago. When I meet a ... guy. He thought I was a girl, I had my scarf around my neck and all my body was well dressed. It was so cold here and that’s why I had almost all my face covered. And he thought I was a girl because of the hair. Well, tell you in a short way, he still believes I am a girl and we became very close, he likes me and I like him back. But he believes I am a girl! How can I tell him after all this time, I know a few weeks is not too much but we grow closer, and closer until I know he’ll take it so bad if I just tell him I am a boy and even worst it will be if he finds from someone else. And Jonghyun know him and in any minute he can tell him about me. And now, Onew knows him too. And he can find from this mans in any seconds.” Heechul listened carefully and nodded.

“And I don’t want to lose him. I am not gay or anything, but this feeling I can’t get rid of it. I like him, Heechul, and I don’t know what to do? Maybe it’s better to forget him and leave on my path. But I can’t. Do you think I didn’t think and decided to take this option? No, I did wanted to leave and never see him again, but I just can’t. Every time I say to myself to not see him again, not answer his call my heart is ripped to pieces. And I answer his calls, go and see him every time he ask me to. And I can’t help it.” I ruffled my hair and look outside the window eating my bottom lip in annoyance.

“It’s really a bad situation.” He said.

“What can I do Heechul? If he doesn’t like guys, neither I liked till I meet him, he’ll hate me for lie to him. I can’t change my gender for him. I can’t become a girl till tomorrow.” I said exasperated. He took my hand and stopped me from rip my hair.

“I will help you Taemin. I will.”

“Thanks, but this must be quick. I told you he’s friend with Jonghyun and Onew, your cousin.” He stopped and thought for a second.

“Don’t tell me the person that likes you is MinHo?” he said and my eyes went so wide like a plate.

“You know MinHo? You too know him????” I was very surprised and my heart jumped when I heard that. It was really a big surprise for me.

“Yeah, I know Minho since we were little. He is 5 years younger than me and we grow up together. I took care of him and Onew. Onew is 3 years younger than me.” he sat back on the chair clapping his hands together and laughed.

“Such a small world, huh?” I raised an eyebrow not knowing what is he talking about.

“I mean, it’s a small world, you know Minho, Onew, Jonghyun, Key and we can become good friends. All. Cool.” He nodded.

“Not after MinHo finds the truth. He’ll hate me.” I said and pouted looking in my coffee.

“Hey, hey! Don’t be sad. I know MinHo. He is not like that. He’ll forgive you.” He patted my shoulder and I tried to warm my hands on the cup. The coffee was steaming and I was in the edge of illness. I think I will be sick. Is so cold at this resort. I didn’t know it will be so cold. Maybe I need a break from all my winter sports.

“I will do my best to help you. Minho is a kind kid and he won’t push you away.” After a few seconds of thinking he added.

“Maybe he won’t stay by your side like a lover, but at least he’ll accept to be friends with you.” I almost moaned annoyed and look outside the window.

“But I like him.”

“Believe me, if Minho stay as your friend is fine. He is a person who always wanted a family. And loved his mom and dad so much. He always said he want to find a woman, get married and have two kids. He is crazy for kids. He use to play with the kids in our area. He has a house close to mine. I mean, his parents still live there and my parents are his parents neighbours. Now I live in that flat where you live. And I can tell his a very kind and protective person. He was raised in his family and there is nothing more important for him than his family.” Heechul told me and I nodded.

“It’s surprising he mistake you with a girl. He doesn’t like boys. I’m sorry o tell you this. He said he wants to fall in love with a beautiful girl, get married and have kids. I told you, this is his dream since I know him. And I know him since he was born.” Heechul almost made me cry. He took my hand and I didn’t dare to look in his eyes.

“I don’t tell you this to make you cry or hurt you. I just tell you this to know how is MinHo, and how us, his childhood friends know him. I don’t want you to suffer. I don’t want you to get hurt.”

 

I left the resort behind and drive back in Seoul. I was angry but what could I do. It was my duty to go and resolve this. It was a problem with the construction company and I was said to go and talk to them.

Onew said he is busy with some plans and I had to go back in Seoul and talk to them. Also, some other problems appeared at the second project we were working. I will have a meeting with Mr. Wo and talk about some issues a the house project we are working in the resort.

The house will be called TheYellowRose and I think that’s a cute name. I was there with Taemin two nights ago. She loved it.

I intend to ask her to teach me how to ski. Maybe she’ll accept. And also this is just a way of spending time with her. It is a perfect excuse to make her stay long time with me.

 I really like her and I told Onew this a few days ago. He told me he already knew it and that is was pretty obvious.

 Even from the moment I first saw her. She is so perfect and beautiful to me. I like everything about her. Her eyes, her smile, always on her lips, her perfect nose and her hair. He small hands and her little thin body. Her kind and warm personality. She’s perfect. Maybe I think too far but she is a person who get closer to my ideal type of woman to whom I would marry even tomorrow.

Don’t laugh at me but this is serious. I am really in love with this beautiful woman and unfortunately I think I can’t run from this love. It’s a happy-dangerous situation. I laugh at my little monologue in my car while driving to Seoul.

When I meet Mr. Wo we spend almost all evening in that stupid meeting. It was a meeting with all the stakeholders and I get bored after only 10 minutes. They are 20 stakeholders and plus the persons working in these projects, around 30 persons. So, the meeting room was a bit crowded. And after 4 painful hours it ended.

It was already dark and I didn’t drive home right away. I stayed in Seoul during night. After a hot shower and some food, I landed in my bed and took my phone. Of course I will call Taemin and talk to her hours.

“Hey Minnie, what are you doing?” I asked looking outside the window. It was already dark and a slow snow it was falling.

“I’m tired. I was all day out with Key.” She told me and I smiled.

“Did you went ski?” I asked and remembered to ask her to teach me ski.

“I was snowboarding today. Tomorrow it will be the day for ski.” She said.

“About that Taemin, I need to ask you something. Can you teach me how to ski? I want to learn and you are the best to help me.”

“Of  course I will teach you.” She said and I smiled.

It will be very fun.

~

“No, not like that. Put it like I said. MinHo!” she screamed. I almost fell on the snow. I was trying really hard to learn how to ski. I will learn and then go with her.

“Just like that. Stop it!” she said but it was too late. I went right in a tree and then fall back. Lucky it was a place where it weren’t too many people and I didn’t hurt anyone. Because I am a troublemaker.

“Be careful! Are you alright?” she came and helped me up.

“Yeah. I am fine. Thanks.” She pull me up and then put her hands on my shoulders.

“Told you to not do that. Let’s see if I can teach you...“ She said and tried to show me a pose but we both fell on the snow. I heard a little boy laugh somewhere behind us. She was on top of me and laughing too. I smiled looking at her smiling face and a big grin appeared on my face. It was so nice to have fun like that.

“Get up quickly. We are going to leave this place.” She said while pulling me up and we left the place.

“Tomorrow we will try again. For today is enough. I’m tired.” She said and caught her arm before walk to the place we rent the ski.

“I’m sorry. I don’t want to make you spend your free time trying to teach me while you wanted to be with your friends.” I said regretting this, see her sad face.

“Oh, no. It’s ok. It’s nice to spend time with you and it was really funny. And I didn’t had anything else planned. If it wasn’t you, I would spend the time alone, in a bored, in my bed.” She told me and I smiled.

We reached her building and I stopped.

“See you tomorrow then?” she nodded and I approached slowly. I took her in my arms in a bear hug and I felt she was smiling. It’s not the first time I hug her. I love to hug her and she seems to enjoy too. I hugged her the first time when she cried outside in the snow. Then I hugged her while we separated after we ate dinner. And then at the TheYellowRose and at the skating and more.